It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Admendment to Ban Marriage???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
hey!! I am all for this one!!! To me, the United States should be treating ALL it's citizens equally, not prefering anyone above another. And, well, it sees marriage as something it wants, so it treats those who are married a little differently than those who aren't. okay.

-----------------

"They also point to the language of the proposed amendment prohibiting the state from "creating or recognizing any legal status identical or similar to marriage."

www.washingtonpost.com...

-------------------

can't recognize any legal status indentical or similar to marriage.....okay, they can't recognize a marriage, either a tradition, church officiated one or any new fangled creation including that marriage to your cat!!! great! a person is a person, and as a person is deserving of the same and exact treatment as the next person, reagardless of weather or not he partners up with a women, a horse, the guy next door, whatever....

unless this article is missing a few details, this must be the most poorly written admendment in history!

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I find kind of hilarious that people in the pursue of religious ideologies are so blind to see the ramifications of the decisions base in those ideologies.

At the end nobody wants to be responsible for the mess that one amendment would do to the same ideology that they are trying to protect.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
This is already a current thread found here:
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add your comments to that thread.

Closed.

join