It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gathering of the Scholars (Discussion)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Okay scholars and members,brodband here. The reason for this place being the chosen place is becasue for 1.) not everybody has chat rights and 2.) this would probably be more ideal becasue it would make it possible to be able to look back and reflect on another individuals idea.

Originally Posted by: ADVISOR in the Research Forum

Gathering of the Scholars.

Here ye here ye, calling all scholars, your presence is required and requested. The time has drawn upon us when an exchange of ideas, and collaborative interests shall be discussed.

Currently as planned, every one includeing non scholars, and those who are interested, will be meeting in a chat room to be designated, on the day of. Team leaders especially should attend, and when they have finished reading this, I would appreciate it if they u2ued me. As every one has noticed, Above Top Secret is changeing always, and like the rest of the site, the Research Dept will be too. That change will be a primary topic of the scholar gathering.

Discussions are now open for new ideas. What would you have in mind for the Research Forum?

[edit on 11/3/0505 by brodband]

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Me being a stydent of Lucis Trust which took many years for me to be accepted..IMO, for me, I would be most comfortable with any subjects that include re-incarnation and et,s, paranormal..Is that what you need?
Anything but politics and science..

[edit on 3-11-2005 by siriuslyone]

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I'm very interested in practically any paranormal topic, however, hauntings and ghosts catch my interest the most.

What exactly should we be discussing here?

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
All we need is for whoever posts here tell us what they would like to see in the Reserach Forum, like topics for research avaliable. doesnt mean that you have to follow what you want, but what you would like see. Its to help us make kind of a "rubric" if you will.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The cosmic energy as such. Does it exist what is it. How does it work? Can everyone tap into it? Is there such a thing as Psychic connection?

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I would like to see a place on the forum which only allows believers on whatever topic it is.
Would that not be refreshing?

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I can think of a number of topics but they may not appeal to most. For instance, collecting a list of places that do "citizen science" and helping them with a project (such as the Cornell Christmas Bird Count).

For those of us with scholarly degrees, there's a number of things that can be explored and we could probably come up with academic projects (such as helping fill out the Skeptics Wiki and other projects that need people who have a good science/engineering/math background.)

I'm a dreamer...

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
LOL, dang, I hope we can get more ideas than this?!!. Hmmm, lets see if I can get at least ten...first thing that comes off the tops of your heads. I can put together a list later....lets shoot for at least 7 topics. Ready?...GO!

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Have you ever been in the presence of a Master-Teacher whom you know has sensed you were ready to receive arcane wisdom.Tell your story.
We know the masters will not tell their stories here, as the readiness factor cannot be determind on a forum or can it?

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
What do we know about alchemy? Alchemy is something as simple as preparing a wonderful meal, as the molecular structure has been changed by you majic or as complicated as being able to make rare stones.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
thank you advisor, for bringing this thread to my attention!

because i am still SO new, i'm afraid i cannot make comparisons and offer methods of betterment to all of you who have been here and experienced what has worked or didn't. i can try, though!

one thing, and i believe i read this rule somewhere, is impressing the importance of keeping the 'chatter' or unrelated posts OUT... or just removing them altogether... posts like 'i think that's a great idea' might be better off as a u2u so that the research threads are filled with quality information for others to read. i'm not certain if team leaders have the ability or not, but it might make it easier on advisors or moderators if the team leaders could remove unecessary posts- keep the team focused and restrict all else to personal messaging... of course, like i said, i believe that was in the rules, if that isn't part of a team leader's responsibilities currently, it could help with the 'micro-managing' of projects while your attention could be devoted to larger tasks....

oh, but you guys were looking for topic ideas! ooops... what about some sort of socially driven research about how the internet is affecting public opinion about the government, how the free exchange of online information has changed attitudes within the populace- the internet has ruined relationships and brought people together- children today have the option of finding sources for papers at the click of a mouse, and it takes less time than getting out to a library. can it be considered a paradigm shift, as world thought has changed to accomodate and embrace new technologies? how impressed would an employer be if you had no computer skills today, and how is that different from just 15-20 years ago? (i think about these things sometimes) if there was already similar research, i'd like to read it...

~amithyzt

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
This sounds like a good topic to put under the list. Its added. Keep up the good work for those new scholars coming in. And for the old scholars. Please keep your research up to date!

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
get this!! total brain frizzle!!
i'll just stream of consciousness type anything that comes to mind, so if it wanders or jumps or loses focus here and there, just remember this is an initial brainstorm before i forget my frizzlies!!

ATS researches .... ATS!
a project like this could potentially accomplish several different purposes...

a) forcing members to become more involved with the board and develop relationships with moderators and admin- it's not like anyone can go 'buy the book' (or can they? LOL) ultimately the researchers would need to question individuals who have been around since the site's inception (who are they, where are they now?), find out what the goals were from the beginning and how those have expanded or changed as the community grew. what were some of the unexpected results or impacts? what hardships have been encountered? overcome? over the entire history of the board, what things have they witnessed that were particularly impressive, endearing, unfortunate? has there been anything they can point to (a post, interaction, revelation) that has had profound effect or influence on their lives personally?

b) improved relations with media and those who don't understand ATS- didn't i read somewhere that the results of research are sent to the media? i read a thread within the last couple of days, and folks were a bit upset that a 'seemingly reliable' magazine quoted a member and made the assumption that these were the views of ATS. well, what better way to set the record straight and INFORM them?? written ABOUT ATS, by ATS members and coming from reliable sources whose presence has been an integral part of what this place has become today- it's the best way to set the record straight with outside parties, and the most wonderful part of that is- ATS maintains control over their own image.... isn't the point of research to share what we've learned and get that information OUT THERE?? who wouldn't be interested in THIS?????

c) memorializing ATS history.... i'm seeing a timeline... some simple little graphic timeline of events from board expansions to adopting new rules or regulations... from new forums opening, to milestones in membership numbers or post counts... who joined on when (of admin/staff)... ending with the ATS member research of ATS.
could be interactive, with links to each board, etc. have there been any awards? praise from respected sources or individuals? keep it all in one nifty graphic that could be updated to share and illustrate ATS success each year.

i know there are threads EVERYWHERE with board information and help- the handbook, faq's, more faq's, the board business forum... there's so much information spread all over the place that it gets a little confusing for new folk.... (speaking as such).... and it doesn't seem that there is a convenient or likely way to compile all of it into one nice neat little place.. i'm sure i'd broken ten rules before i ever read them all... LOL.... it would be nice if every time the page refreshes there was another rule that pops up at the top (kinda like photoshop tips) to keep everybody up to speed without overwhelming anyone... oh, but i've lost site of why that even came up... (oh, yeah, the research)... what are felt to be the most important rules of the board? why? are there any examples of why they had to be put in place (protection of the site owners, members, etc) i just posted to the thread about 'shared rights' yesterday... but things we agree to when we see the terms and usage didn't appear overnight, somewhere along the way necessity dictated for the continued success of a place that became larger and larger and needed to be kept from getting out of control....

ummmm... gosh, now i just shot myself down... maybe something like this is a better proposition for an article than research project.... oh well! just thought i'd throw it out there....

done frizzling now...

~amithyzt

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Here's the "official" thread, started by ADVISOR.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join