It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vermont to Secede from the U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I have often thought, could a State remove it self from the United States?

Not a succesion like the Civil War, but a non violent removal from the Federal Governments laws, Constitution and Taxes and so on.

I came across this story today about Vermont and how some of her citizens are trying organize a officially recognized convention to succed from the United States.

I am sitting at my desk at work here thinking how in hell do these people think they can pull this off, and if for chance they would pull this off, what becomes of Vermont. Would they become a territory or a Common Wealth?

I live in Southern Illinois and at times I feel that So. Illinois need to separate it self from the whole and start a new state because the Southern half of Illinois get no real recogintition in the State house and the majority of the States funds go to the Chigaco area to fund projects and when it comes to funding projects, all the cash heads North, and the Cities and Counties in the South generally get the shaft.

I understand how these people in Vermont feel, I just don't think they have a chance.

Historic Vermont Meeting in State Capital Passes Resolution to Secede from the U.S.

The members of a peaceful freedom-fighting group want no part of neo-cons running the imperialistic U.S. government.

Plan to secede from the U.S. gaining momentum in the fiercely independent Green Mountain state. 2 Nov 2005.

Although the resolution is the first step in the long process that needs support from the state legislators – as well as an officially recognized convention - the grass roots group called the Second Vermont Republic passed the following citizen’s resolution.

By Greg Szymanski

www.arcticbeacon.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Thread already exists

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
As noted above, this thread already exists here on ATS and can be found here:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Please post your thoughts and comments in the existing thread as this one will be closed.

Thanks
FredT

[edit on 11/3/05 by FredT]

join