It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More FEMA/Brown emails released

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
More correspondences from Michael Brown, former Director of FEMA, have been released. I've included a quote from the original story, but there are more, which begs the question of "Did this guy know what he was doing?"

Can I quit now? Can I come home?" former Federal Emergency Management Director Michael Brown wrote to Cindy Taylor, FEMA's deputy director of public affairs, the morning of the hurricane.

A few days later, Brown wrote to an acquaintance, "I'm trapped now, please rescue me."

The original story, posted on CNN, can be found here:
www.cnn.com...

Additionally, the actual emails can be found here:
www.melancon.house.gov...

Like I stated earlier, and in the past, Brown had no idea what he was doing, and this is just the "proof in the pudding", if you will. I would like to suggest that our lawmakers pass a law that states that anyone that works in a position such as the Director of FEMA actually have experience at the job and not just be "someones friend".

These recent emails have me very angered.

[edit on 3-11-2005 by elderban]

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
As someone who waited days for water, ice and food, Michael Brown should be hung by his testicles as soon as the Superdome is rebuilt.

Just my 2 cents

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 11:23 PM
link   
heres another thing about how the e-mails and about the slow response time to katrina.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
This is the problem with cronyism and appointing people because they have influence rather than considering how suited they are for the job. We need to return to the concept of a meritocracy -- people being given jobs because of their skills -- and do away with cronyism once and for all.

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Yeah....that'll happen...

new topics

top topics

join