It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Paris Riots Spread To Twenty Suburbs

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by KhieuSamphan

Originally posted by stumason
Is it too hard to try and speak the language? Is it too hard to get a job? Do something for christs sake, rather than bumming around and contributing nothing to the nation.

Yes, it is a two way street. Again though, I could just as easily apply this statement to the indigenous population...even the bit about the language!

I suppose what I am saying is that I don't agree with pointing the finger solely at the 'immigrant' population for all societies ills (and I'm not saying that you are Stu. I hope you don't take it like that). There are bad apples in every barrel.

Interestingly, there was a bit on Channel 4 news the other day saying that the only way we in the UK can sustain a birth rate which provides enough people in work to maintain our present GDP is by, yes, you guessed it...immigration.

Nope, wont take it that way

I agree with the language too. Sometimes I cannot understand a word of what some of those pikeys/chaves say and the way they talk to their kids makes me just want to go up and punch them on the nose.... But, again, being British citizens, it is their perogative to talk like a muppet.

Immigrants should be able to speak the language and offer something useful.

I dont have a problem with immigration. But it has to be controlled and to the benefit of the nation..Letting in every Tom, Richard and Harry is not in our best interests, when many are unskilled. Also, we shouldn't be expected to bend over backwards to accomodate them, it should be the other way. After all, they left their country didnt they? Not the other way around.

Otherwise, if left unchecked and letting in vast amounts of otherwise useless (in an economic sense) people will only burden the system and result in waht we are seeing now.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
...A bomb factory is just a cry for help....

Police also found a gasoline bomb-making factory in a rundown building in Evry, a southern Paris suburb that contained 150 explosives, more than 100 bottles, gallons of fuel and hoods for hiding rioters’ faces, Jean-Marie Huet, a senior Justice Ministry official, said Sunday.

(source)

......and here’s just the fellow to come to the aid of France in her hour of need:

Gaddafi offers help over riots

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
stumason, you have the May Day riots every year in Germany which normally ends up with a fair bit of damage being caused. You also get them in the United Kingdom, however they have a small percentage of people turning up which are Muslims.

In fact, in all the ones I have turned up at [which is a lot] I have never seen a "Muslim" even speek at one of the events.

In fact, there are at least two riots a year in the United Kingdom. That is excluding Ireland. If you take Ireland into account the idea that it is mainly muslims is...blown out of the water to be honest.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Illegal immigrants aren't allowed to work until they are assessed. They're entitled to benefits because it is believed that through their suffering they will go on to work hard and bring in taxable income.

These rioters are showing signs that they are using rudimentary command and control proedures. Weapons are being dispatched on scooter or in cars, rioters are communicating through email and cell phone services.

Chirac is handling this badly, allowing it to continue for this long is a dangerous precedent.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The immagration system through out the west is horribly managed. Canada now is increasing its immagratiobn to 700,000 a year soon. Heck it took more than 300 years for the french and english to try to get along in some case we still don't . Whats going to happend when PEAK OIL Hits . Yah open ethnic war thats what . Our politicians are idiots .

[edit on C:Sunocu11e11 by Opus]

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
stumason, you have the May Day riots every year in Germany which normally ends up with a fair bit of damage being caused. You also get them in the United Kingdom, however they have a small percentage of people turning up which are Muslims.

In fact, in all the ones I have turned up at [which is a lot] I have never seen a "Muslim" even speek at one of the events.

In fact, there are at least two riots a year in the United Kingdom. That is excluding Ireland. If you take Ireland into account the idea that it is mainly muslims is...blown out of the water to be honest.

Odium, I have never claimed it is "Muslims", in fact earlier, I tried to steer everyone away from the religious ideal and focus on the race issue, which is the root of the problem.

Please re-read my posts, as I am not trying to demonise them or single out Muslims in the slightest. It is the unfettered immigration which allows these situations to develop, enabling resentment to build up on both sides.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
What cannot be denied, is that recently in several European countries now, there have been lots of riots and extensive damage over relatively minor things that have been caused by those of a muslim descent, rather than focusing on them soley as Muslims, then denying it is Muslims because they dont do that...

And as I was pointing out, there are lots of riots which have nothing to do with those of Muslim decent in the United Kingdom.

As for the number of 95% where in the U.K. do you live?

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I just heard on FOX that the police in France are so overstretched injured police have been left for hours before any backup can arrive and help them, and their union is calling for the government to deploy the military now.

The French way would be for the police to go on strike if this doesn't happen I guess, so I bet we'll see some interesting times ahead one way or the other...

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Wait, and all this happaned because a couple of kids walked into a power station and got fried, obviously, as it was a power station?

JAK

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
As violence continues for the eleventh night running BBC News 24 are reporting that French police have come under fire.

Jak

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JAK
As violence continues for the eleventh night running BBC News 24 are reporting that French police have come under fire.

Jak

Wow you are lucky our media is covering last nights tornado with little or any coverage and updates.

Nothing appears to have come out of the meeting Chirac held or at least they are not saying what if anything they plan to do that will bring this under control. Gangs are now boasting of trying to get more media attention from other rival gangs. Perhaps the government is hoping that violence will break out between the gangs and they will kill each other off, who knows. Oh and they now plan on using power hoses. Shame on the Franch Government.....

Youths, in interviews, have boasted that they were intensifying the violence because of a sort of "competition" between gangs from different suburbs to get media attention.

They have also expressed anger at Sarkozy, who described delinquents in the suburbs as "rabble" and vowed to clean up crime in the neighbourhoods "with a power-hose."

Source

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Of course these "rioters" are cut from the same cloth as many of the so-called "founding fathers" of the US were back in the 1770s who thought nothing of, oh I don't know, dumping Twinings Tea into Boston Harbor dressed as native Americans in war paint...and that was over a measely 1-cent tax on tea imports.

These 'have not' junglings in Paris (and now all over France) are taking out their financial frustration on the 'haves'...shades of the French Revolution which hit the same cities back in 1789-1794...

I wonder if this will spread to New York City (and other US cities such as Miami) where the divide between the haves and the have-nots is so clearly demarked...

We shall have to wait...and see, I suppose.

But France and the European community (as well as all so called "developed"nations which have such economic class barriers, including the USA) will have to see if they can ascertain the root-causes of all the frustration----which generally is expressed openly by the so-called "younger generation" who have a tendency (like Nathan Hale !) to take swift action into their own hands, and violent protest is becoming mor and more of a way of life among 1st and 2nd world nations in the 21st century...

If they started to burn down Brooklyn, I suppose Laura Bush would probably show up handing out cake and telling the poor just to eat it...so to speak !

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Chirac on Sunday promised arrests, trials and punishment for those sowing "violence or fear" across France as the urban unrest that has triggered attacks on vehicles, nursery schools and other targets reached central Paris.

But just hours after President Jacques Chirac vowed to restore order, rioters fired shots at police in an 11th night of riots in France on Sunday, injuring 10 policemen, two of them seriously. (Reuters)

11 NIGHTS - 15 CITIES - 800 ARRESTS - 3,500 VEHICLES BURNT - 2,300 ADDITIONAL POLICE ON PATROL

timesonilne

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
ABC news reported a few minutes ago that the rioting and unrest was in 200 french cities now. Maybe they just made a mistake and stuck in 200 for 20? Not sure, anyway,

France needs someone to take control. Envy the country that has hero's, Pity the country that needs them.

Just some thoughts,

Wupy

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Today's numbers:

-10 police wounded by shotgun fire in Grigny

-5 cars burned and attacks with stones and other object to the police in Toulouse. Police responded with tear gas.

- People tried to destroy a subway station using a burning car, in Toulouse.

- Young people with the face hidden used a burning car against a police car in Corbeil-Esson (South of Paris).

- 10 cars burned in Normandy, some people were detain.

- Several cars burned in Nantes, Rennes and Orly

- In Saint-Étienne, a bus were burned, the driver and a passanger suffered burns.

Peace
Crustas

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by crustas
-10 police wounded by shotgun fire in Grigny

BBC 1: News put this figure at 25, from two shot gun shots.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

France needs someone to take control. Envy the country that has hero's, Pity the country that needs them.

They need another Charles Martel.
I hope they have a national holiday for him after this, if they don't already.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
This may be stretching it, and may not even be suitable for ATSNN, but I believe that if these riots are allowed to continue much longer, it won't be long before such riots spark elsewhere around the world; mainly in the United States.

I mean, the similarities of the 2 countries are quite canny.. and obviously, all it takes is something very small to unleash the anger of the poor and immigrants.

Civil unrest is felt not only in the country of France, but just about anywhere in the Western 'Enterprise'.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Its going to spread ..... right accross Europe and into the UK. My opinion .... but this is just the first few sparks.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Who would have guessed it? France is taking appeasement approach. No doubt this will be interpreted (rightly so) as a sign of weakness and will further embolden the rioters. You don't give into people that use violence to get what they want, regardless of who they are or what they want.

"But there is a precondition, a priority, I repeat," he said. "That is the restoring of security and public order."

Yeah lets start talking terms of your surrender (I know they haven't said they will do anything specific yet but the word "precondition" implies that they will meet or listen to demands if the violence is ended), I'm sure that they will be happy with Sudetenland and will never use violence as a means of getting anything else in the future if you give into their demands this one time

www.foxnews.com...

Dictionary: Precondition

A condition that must exist or be established before something can occur or be considered; a prerequisite.

[edit on 6-11-2005 by Sabre262]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join