It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Paris Riots Spread To Twenty Suburbs

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
The answer to 'what is the root of the problem' -
www.frontpagemag.com...
Muslims REFUSE to integrate into society. They WANT to be separate.
They reap what they sow.

WRONG.

They WANT to be a Part of the French Society - but they are Pushed to the Side, with every move they make. They do not REFUSE - they do not have any other CHOICE, but to live Seperate.

And, PLEASE, do not post that non-tolerant stuff, conservative, muslim-bashing stuff from FrontPageMagazine, that is have a Party today, when Paris is Burning, so that they can AGAIN put all the Blame on Islamic World.

PATHETIC.

They properly did their job. That's what is angering the rioters.
The cops did their job correctly and properly. The uncivilized
rioters just want any excuse to run amuk.

Ofcourse - the Uncivilized Muslim Future Terrorists are AGAIN the ones to blame. Geee, I forgot how easy it is today to put all the guilt on them.

If there is a Problem - Blame Muslims!

Lets not talk about how France ignored the problematics of Immgrants for Decades.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Yeah, Souljah. it's not their choice to commit criminal acts, right? Totally out of their hands how they nearly burned that woman alive.

You want change, protest. Petition. Vote.

Burning cars and people isn't a political statement, it's a criminal act.

DE

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
Yeah, Souljah. it's not their choice to commit criminal acts, right?

Yes it is - but it is also the Way that the Enviroment has teached them

Totally out of their hands how they nearly burned that woman alive.

I am sure that nobody would do such a horrible thing with the NORMAL Social Enviorment. Makes you really think, what kind of Man would do that, huh? Where does he come from? What country he is from?

Yep - he is FRENCH.

What does that tell you about France?

Clearly that is not the Only Immgrantion problem in Europe.

See Spain.

See Italy.

See Eastern Europe.

See Southern Europe.

Everybody wants a Better Life - like SOME People in the Europe Enjoy.

Why not?

Burning cars and people isn't a political statement, it's a criminal act.

Agreed - but it is also a Political Statement.

And a Social Outcry.

And a Warning that something is wrong in the Social Struture and the way it Works.

Normal people do not Riot.

The people who Riot - want Change.

[edit on 5/11/05 by Souljah]

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Here is an Interesting Aricle from Christian Science Monitor

"Frankly I am not surprised by what is happening," says Dounia Bouzar, an expert on French-born Muslims who has worked in the mostly black and North African districts on the outskirts of Paris. "Given the way these kids live, I wonder why it doesn't happen more often."

That incident, says social worker Michèle Lereste, "crystallized the hatred" that some of the most disaffected and hopeless young men living in what the government calls "sensitive urban zones" feel toward authority.

In these 751 zones that the government has designated for special programs, unemployment stands at 19.6 percent - double the national average - and at more than 30 percent among 21- to 29- year-olds, according to official figures. Incomes are 75 percent below the average.

The ugly, often poorly maintained blocks of public housing that have become a nightly battlefield are testament to 40 years of government policy that has concentrated immigrants and their families in well-defined districts away from city centers, as housing there became more expensive.

"Working class suburbs have become ethnic ghettos," says Marc Cheb Sun, who edits "Respect," a magazine aimed mostly at young black and North African readers. "That is the origin of the problem."

"This is not just a problem for the kids in the projects. Society created these ghettos and now it has to deal with them."

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Agreed - but it is also a Political Statement.

And a Social Outcry.

And a Warning that something is wrong in the Social Struture and the way it Works.

Normal people do not Riot.

The people who Riot - want Change.

They want change, btu that isn't going to get it for them, unless they want more of their own in pine boxes. The way you speak, you sound like the kind of guy who says that slinging crack is also a political outcry. See, it isn't. Rioting is destruction fo property for the sake of destruction of property. Politics is just an excuse.

Civilized people don't riot. Remember the Black Sufferage movement? Did they riot? Not really. Did they secure change? Yes. Lesson learned.

Watts riots, Rodney King riots. What happened there? No change, just a worsening of social conditions. Instead of living in a slum, they lived in a burnt-out slum.

Most people with their heads not firmly lodged up their asses realize that rioting gets no one anywhere. Here in Toronto, there's huge issues with gun violence and drugs. You don't see peopel rioting. Instead, rallies. Guess what- there's change coming.

DE

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
civil unrest in the young not a good sign.its time like these we all should rethink the peace and well being of the youth.....

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
FoxNews and CNN are both reporting that new rounds of violence have started again tonight in and around Paris. I expect Yahoo should update their story within a few minutes although this story mentions Saturday it really does not have all the details as carried on Fox and CNN.

Riots Spread Across France; 250 Arrested
ACHERES, France - Youths armed with gasoline bombs fanned out from Paris' poor, troubled suburbs to shatter the tranquility of leafier towns, torching 900 vehicles, a nursery school and other targets Saturday in the worst wave of arson since the urban violence began more than a week ago.

Police deployed a helicopter and small teams of officers to chase down youths who sped from one attack to another in cars and on motorbikes. The new security tactics yielded more than 250 arrests during the ninth straight night of unrest.

The violence — originally concentrated in neighborhoods northeast of Paris with large immigrant populations — is forcing France to confront anger long-simmering in its suburbs, where many Africans and their French-born children live on society's margins, struggling with unemployment, poor housing, racial discrimination, crime and a lack of opportunity.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

What I want to know is where is their military/National guard? The police sure as hell cannot seem to get it under control all on their own for some odd reason.:shk:

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Eventually France is going to have to deploy troops to quell this insurrection, then I predict this is going to spread like wildfire throughout Europe (which is probably why they haven't done that yet IMHO).

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Eventually France is going to have to deploy troops to quell this insurrection, then I predict this is going to spread like wildfire throughout Europe (which is probably why they haven't done that yet IMHO).

Do you honestly think it will spread all over Europe? Look what Britian did when they had some youth turn out in large groups, they called out the military and it ended in one or two days.

I can not remember exactly what took place and they might even have had a curfew for one or two days, but I know for certain they called the military out and presto it was stopped.

One would think if France had reacted as Britain did it would never have reached this stage.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I don't know about the UK, but other continental countries like Germany are certainly at risk of having this spread to them.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I don't know about the UK, but other continental countries like Germany are certainly at risk of having this spread to them.

That is a shame, if French officials had reacted as they should perhaps it would never have reached this level.

Fox is now reporting one Molotov Cocktail has been thrown in a Central Paris round about full of tourists (no Injuries reported) and at least two nursery schools are on fire on the opposite side of Paris and the thugs appear to be coordinating their attacks via cell phones. Down right shame if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I was watching the news and they are saying that French television and radio only give little news or none about those riots. It seems they're covering up those riots to the french people, who doesn't know what is really happening. Only newspapers are telling the all story, but in France only a small amount of people read the newspaper.

Peace
Crustas

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Tonight more than 100 cars burned some of those in the centre of Paris, and a library is burning a recycle depot and a few houses

Attacks:
100 car, 4 in Paris center
1 public library in Toulouse
1 Juvenil center in Villeneuve- Saint-Georges
1 kindergarten and 1 elementary school in Grigny

Peace
Crustas

Edited for more details.

[edit on 5-11-2005 by crustas]

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by crustas
Tonight more than 100 cars burned some of those in the centre of Paris, and a library is burning a recycle depot and a few houses

And once again no sign of the Military, what a shame. I think it is now 2 AM there, so I would think it is over for the night. Perhaps tomorrow French officials will do what they should have done over a week ago.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Found this cartoon and thought it was rather amusing in a dry way

www.coverups.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
The cartoon seems kind of odd, considering that the French were fighting Islamic terror at home and abroad for decades before the US invaded Iraq, which unlike Algeria, actually didn't have that much Islamic terror at the time the French were asked to join the coalition.

Perhaps more accurate captions would be:

The French, who have long fought

Islamic Terror in France,

Tried not to create it,

In Iraq.

[edit on 5-11-2005 by koji_K]

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
UPDATE:

Reports of rioting and torching of cars in the Place de la Republique in central Paris.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 12:56 AM
link   

A gang of local youths watch as Firemen extinguish burning vehicles during clashes between riot police and French youths in the Paris suburb of Aulnay sur Bois, early November 3, 2005.

Riots Spread Across France And Into Paris night: 900 cars torched
Police Arrest Hundreds In Worst Unrest in Decades

How Long Before Europe Falls?
Europe’s salute will be bowing to Mecca

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
How Long Before Europe Falls?
Europe’s salute will be bowing to Mecca

I'm almost ready to move to Europe to launch a Jihad against Islam in European countries.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join