It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Sam Alito is a Nerd (Liberals...got nothing)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
You know that the liberal press is struggling when they put out articles like this one. I submit for evidence an article found in this morning's Washington Compost.

The Life of the Party? Only in the 'Grand Old' Sense.
Senators will debate Supreme Court nominee Sam Alito's legal views for months, but this much is settled law: The Senate is witnessing a real-life revenge of the nerd.

Alito, bespectacled, hair askew, suit rumpled and ill-fitting, walked into Sen. Tim Johnson's office this week to pay a courtesy call on the South Dakota Democrat. Sitting in an armchair in the senator's office, Alito forgot to unbutton his suit jacket, causing his tie to stick out and his jacket to bunch up. The judge's pant leg hiked up as he sat, revealing an untied shoelace.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Finally we get to the bottom of the cover-up. It appears that beneath the judicial robes of Judge Alito we are likely to find a pocket protector, and an out of fashion tie. Can we find any better evidence to dismiss this nominee? I mean, forget the abortion debate, this guy actually wears a baseball outfit when he coaches his kid's little league team. I've never heard of such an outrage.

What's next? Will we hear about how his deodorant doesn't work as well as the leading brand does? Maybe someone will spill the evidence that Judge Alito drinks boxed wine. That would be some real evidence to drag in front of the Judicial Committee. Kennedy would surely object to a lifestyle that includes boxed wine. Yes, folks we're now down to playground name calling. It's a good sign that there's no basis for any real accusations, and a good sign that the liberals will be seen squirming quite a bit in the next month or so.

Un-nerdy liberals always unbutton their suit when seated. Yes, that's Dana Milbank on the left. He wrote this classy news item in the Washington Post. Wait! Is his tie crumpled slightly?

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Well dbates I disagree with you Judge Alitos has a very dysfunctional views when it comes to civil rights, workers rights, women rights and minorities rights.

At least he has a record that can be traces on his radical views of how women abuse, rape and discrimination should be handle.

Still with a majority male and white supreme court should I care? as a women that we are still in this time and age getting the short hand on everything in this country? I guess I rest my case.

He will be appointed occurs.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Well, at least you are focusing on real issues. That's more than I can say for some liberal politicians at this time. I would love to see a real debate on his qualifications, instead of the he's a nerd or a mafia accomplice nonsense. Why side-step the real issues? Maybe they don't wan't to address the real issues.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The man is qualify as having experiences as a judge, that is something that can not be debate.

This will be a show and eventually he will be appointed.

Right now People For the American Way are gathering activist to go around the nation educating people as why This candidate should not be appointed.

O'Connor was a good judge when it comes to views as a moderate, but Alito is considered a far right conservative and many feel that he will jeopardized the balances in the Supreme court and will endanger peoples rights.

He does have a negative record on privacy, workers and civil rights because his ideologies.

Occurs ideologies has nothing to do with experience at the bench.

One of the issues against him is his views on Congress had no authority to require state employers to comply with the Family and Medical Leave Act through payment of damages when they violate the law, a ruling that was repudiated by the Supreme Court.

He seems to have a negative view of workers protections laws, I don't know why, perhaps because he favors corporate power over workers power who knows.

He also is has negative views on gun control occurs he aimed to machine guns and that to me sounds right, but not for gun happy people.

He has show negativity when it comes to victims of rape and sex discrimination even his own court criticizes him on this issue.

Third Circuit and Supreme Court disagreed with him in Pennsylvania when he tried to restrict abortion rights of married women this is interfering on privacy rights of women.

Then he got that nasty issue in which black jurors were restricted from a case in which the defendant was black, and The full Third Circuit reversed Alito’s ruling.

This are the issues that should be brought to the table, the man may have all the experience in the world but when it comes to ideologies and personal interpretations of the law the man seems to be to radical and perhaps lean to discrimination.

Occurs this my opinion.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Don't worry, this won't get on the news either but he is a liar if not an outright Judicial Profiteer and not a word he says (or writes) in confirmation hearings can be trusted.

new topics

top topics

join