It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Need a New Political System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I watch Prime Minister Questions every week and for a long time I have thought that our (UK) political system needs to be reinvented (please read on if you are not from the UK as this we probably have relevance for you). These are grown men and women shouting and jeering at each others opinions like school children. But one of my major problems with the system is that if the party in power has a good piece of legislation that they want to get through, the other party will just turn it down on the basis that it was not created by a member of their party.

Does anyone have any ideas or examples of how the political system can be changed for the better?

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I have an idea, although I do not wish to go into detail on it yet [as I have not fininished it yet.]

Roughly, I want a system based like they have in Switzerland of Direct Democracy along with proportional representation.

The Government makes laws, all of that jazz. The people have the ability [twice a year] to vote on laws and suggest other laws. If a law is voted up or down the will of the people rules.

Depending on the issue itself it can require a simple or super-majority.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by wenters
Does anyone have any ideas or examples of how the political system can be changed for the better?

I'm full of political ideas, but for now this thread will have to keep you happy.

JAK

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   
This exact topic is already up for discussion here, as the author is well aware.

Please add to the other earlier thread, and to the author, please do not make duplicate threads of the same post.

Thank you.

Closing...

Jak

new topics

top topics

join