It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you miss most about being a kid?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
On days like this, I find myself daydreaming about being a kid again. When things were easy. There are so many things I miss.....Playing teather ball, ghost in the graveyard, and capture the flag. Watching cartoons on a Saturday morning because you didnt have anything else to do. Waking up to find out that it snowed and school is canceled. Yep that was the best. I never worried about watching the news to see what the weather was doing. The surprise of waking up and seeing everything covered in white was the best. Knowing that as soon as you got dressed and ate, there would be snow forts, sledding, and snowball fights. Having so much fun you didnt care that you couldnt move your fingers. You didnt dare go inside untill you couldnt walk because your toes were frozen Then comming in to an already made cup of hot chocolate.

What do you miss most about being a kid?

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
It's hard to say because my stepfather was a real mean, evil S.O.B. and he was there throughout my childhood, so he taints just about everything that could have been good about my childhood.

I guess it would have to be getting away from him and going to visit my real father in Los Angeles. Coming back home was brutal for me though.

Peace

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
in so many ways i'm still a kid...i still watch cartoons on saturday morning with a big ole bowl of fruity pebbles and i still play ball, watch ball being played. right now, i don't need snow days. everyday is snow day cause i'm not working---don't worry about me its planned unemployment.

but, if there i one thing i miss about being a kid--its prolly my mother gathering us all together reading us from a series of books called "The Boxcar Children".

Dr. Love, a funky step-father sucks. I lived under the oppressive regime of a "live in" for five years. When he finally got the boot me and my siblings danced in the livingroom until we fell out.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Mostly the lies, the possibilities, the belief you were free and could do anything.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia
Dr. Love, a funky step-father sucks. I lived under the oppressive regime of a "live in" for five years. When he finally got the boot me and my siblings danced in the livingroom until we fell out.

I would have been a dancin' fool if that man had gotten the boot, but unfortunately he was a member of my family up until I left the house at 18. By that time he had become irrelevant in my eyes.

It's cool yours hit the road though Saph!

Peace

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I guess for me i miss the warmth of being a child, the love you feel and the attention, As you grow up your kinda left out in the world on you own,

As i child i loved watching my dad build model planes lol, he used to spend hours painting them i used to think that that was amazing, so i miss them things,

I guess just the whole fantasy land of being a child,. believing ponys could fly lol that "he-man" was real and that my wedding day would be that of a Princess

top topics

join