It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian cartoon promotes suicide terrorism…

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Originally posted by negativenihil

Act of War was released by Atari, a US company (they are however a subsidiary of Infogrames Entertainment SA, who are French).

dats close enough.
i already play the game.

I see.

It's Anti-American... but not Anti-American enough for you to not play it?

quite a mixed message imo.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by NR

We never said we'll destroy Isreal we just opened out our opinion that Israel should be wiped off the map we didnt make any threats or nuclear use towards Isreal and were not the only country who doesnt like Israel theres others, think about it theres 193 countrys on earth and your saying Iran is the only one that doesnt like Israel and suggested that they shouldnt exist? after all everybody has the right to express out their views so who are you to say what is wrong or right? dont even start playing annicent with me i know what your really like...

Yep and it was only Hitlers opinion that the Jews had to be killed in the 1930's, but we all know a few years later he acted on it, when he had the means

Seems Iranians quest for a nuclear weapon may be means.

[edit on 5-11-2005 by rogue1]

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil

dats close enough.
i already play the game.

I see.

It's Anti-American... but not Anti-American enough for you to not play it?

quite a mixed message imo.

dink of it as seeing wat the French put in the game. dats the best way to find out if its anti American or not. after all u cant just critique it without trying it out and not just critique by the look of the box.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
dink of it as seeing wat the French put in the game. dats the best way to find out if its anti American or not. after all u cant just critique it without trying it out and not just critique by the look of the box.

Do you understand that the French company is nothing more than a holding company, and has nothing to do with the development cycle?

"the French" didn't put anything into the game. They simply own the company who created the game (Atari).

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Back on topic, this is an article about the cartoon and why it is so controversial.

Iranian children's cartoon glorifies suicide bombers.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I havent read thru all this- Anyone mention Looney Tunes? The blow ups, the physical pain these cartoon characters endured?

The three Stooges? The more pain, the funnier...

We're just as guilty as any other nation, in fact, i'd say we started the trend years ago.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I havent read thru all this- Anyone mention Looney Tunes? The blow ups, the physical pain these cartoon characters endured?

We're just as guilty as any other nation, in fact, i'd say we started the trend years ago.

Umm yeah
I can see how those shows would want to make you become a suicide bomber and kill people.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Did anyone ever die in a Looney Tunes or the Three Stooges? I mean really die not some harp playing version of Daffy Duck sitting on a cloud that came back a second later or in the next show.

I just see a big difference in Bugs Bunny putting a stick of TNT in Yosemite Sam's pants and a Kid blowing himself up and taking Israeli soldiers with him in.

I just saw a old Popeye cartoon on the Net from WW2 titled " Your a SAP mister JAP" though its wasnt very PC and had heavy touches of propoganda it was still pretty funny and Popeye didnt kill any of the Japanese.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join