It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian cartoon promotes suicide terrorism…

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis
If such a game could be developed, it probably wouldn't get released by any of the American game developers and if it was released locally in the M.E., you could see the Fox headlines already about 'a new game promoting & traning the youth for terrorism'.

Act of War was created by France. i dink dat is as close as u can get to anti American game. but still the developers were making it for money and not for anti American fantasy about destruction of American cities based on its foreign policy. dats my view.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Suprisingly, I'm gunna have to agree that we do pretty much the same thing.

There are hundreds of shows/video games aimed at US kids that promote violence in the middle east.

I do agree that a cartoon promoting kids as suicide bombers is a bit over the edge though.

NR

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   

suicide bombers is a bit over the edge though.

there is no difference between a killer and a suicide bomber because they both are basicly the same thing, both get killed sooner or later and kill people also, you even admitted that this kind of thing is everywhere so dont try and make it look bad by saying suicide bombers are a bit over the edge....

[edit on 3-11-2005 by NR]

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by NR
there is no difference between a killer and a suicide bomber because they both are basicly the same thing, both get killed sooner or later and kill people also, you even admitted that this kind of thing is everywhere so dont try and make it look bad by saying suicide bombers are a bit over the edge....

Well NR, I DISAGREE!

IMHO, there is a difference in playing a game, like say DOOM (more of my era) where you are killing completely fictional deamons and aliens then a cartoon like this one which actively supports children as suicide bombers against other people.

I said it was everywhere NR, but there are differences in levels of realism and message.

For instance, there was a game named 'redneck rampage' (i think, going off memory here) where you would control a deep south racist who went around and killed every minority you saw. That is on the same level as this cartoon, and would like wise be "over the edge".

However, the difference as I see it, is in the sarcasm involved in such media. In the US, you have games like GTA, this game I just mentioned, and such but these are not over riding ideals that a large part of our culture considers legit. You won't find our president saying "we must wipe all blacks off the face of the earth". In contrast, you will see and hear the Iranian president saying "we must destroy all of Isreal".

That is the difference, and it is the reason why the West does not trust nations such as Iran.

NR

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   

you will see and hear the Iranian president saying "we must destroy all of Isreal".

That is the difference, and it is the reason why the West does not trust nations such as Iran.

We never said we'll destroy Isreal we just opened out our opinion that Israel should be wiped off the map we didnt make any threats or nuclear use towards Isreal and were not the only country who doesnt like Israel theres others, think about it theres 193 countrys on earth and your saying Iran is the only one that doesnt like Israel and suggested that they shouldnt exist? after all everybody has the right to express out their views so who are you to say what is wrong or right? dont even start playing annicent with me i know what your really like...

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NR
We never said we'll destroy Isreal we just opened out our opinion that Israel should be wiped off the map we didnt make any threats or nuclear use towards Isreal and were not the only country who doesnt like Israel theres others

The fact that you are even defending what he said is sad. It shows your true colors though.

think about it theres 193 countrys on earth and your saying Iran is the only one that doesnt like Israel and suggested that they shouldnt exist?

Is that why the UN declared there should be an Isreal?

It is the middle eastern nations and only them saying Isreal should be "wiped off the face of the planet".

after all everybody has the right to express out their views so who are you to say what is wrong or right? dont even start playing annicent with me i know what your really like...

Yes, everyone has their right to express how they feel. But don't be suprised when your president says "death to America, death to Isreal" if we don't like you and don't trust you. And also don't be surprised if we forcefully take preventive action against you.

Also, I guess it's OK if Isreal says "Iran should be wiped off the face of the map"?

Is that OK?

Or how about the US president saying "Iran is a threat to our global security and needs to be wiped off the face of the map"?

No problem there right?

No, the fact is you and your government are completely wrong here, and saying it was in any way the right thing to sa or feel is sick.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The Arab language doesn't translate 'Death to America' as literally meaning 'death to all American civilians' nor is that the intent of the message when it's spoken in English.

For them to say 'death to ....' is akin to us saying 'the end to ....'
Obviously, most Arab nations want an end to American imperialism in the Middle East and that is much closer to the context of 'Death To America' than believing they wish for all of you to be dead.

Both sides have a lot to learn about each other but the governments and media have more power keeping the population on both sides polarised and ignorant to how the other side live and think.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   

The Arab language doesn't translate 'Death to America' as literally meaning 'death to all American civilians' nor is that the intent of the message when it's spoken in English.

Obviously, most Arab nations want an end to American imperialism in the Middle East and that is much closer to the context of 'Death To America' than believing they wish for all of you to be dead.

dat be like saying Death to Islam. it means we dont want to kill Islam we just dont like the Muslim's ideology or somthing. if u want to say death to America dealing with its foreign policy, it should be like Death to America's Imperialism or somthing. not death to America. another example would be dat i be sayin death to African Americans. i dont want to kill African Americans, i just dont like the way African Americans act or live in their own style dat disgusts me.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

dat be like saying Death to Islam. it means we dont want to kill Islam we just dont like the Muslim's ideology or somthing. if u want to say death to America dealing with its foreign policy, it should be like Death to America's Imperialism or somthing. not death to America. another example would be dat i be sayin death to African Americans. i dont want to kill African Americans, i just dont like the way African Americans act or live in their own style dat disgusts me.

Oh no doubt it's bad language as far as we take it but the problem with language is that it doesn't always translate with the same tone, context and diction. They don't actually speak in English when they say 'death to America' but that's how it's translates, thou context is lost in translation.

I'm sure we offend, scare, abuse them and their language each time we try to say something about Muslims or Arabs and probably don't even know it. "Liberate" must send shivers down their spine!

Case in point, both sides in this war are butting heads on most issues which, if variables in mathamatics, would cancel themselves out. To stand back and watch this from a third eye is amazing. So many people saying "We're right, your wrong" but no one listening to each other - i guess that's the history of humanity.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but I have to ask...

What about when OBL had his suicide attackers fly 2 planes into the world trade center, 1 into the pentagon, and another one that was headed towards the capitol?

I saw plenty of people in the middle east chanting "death to America, death to Isreal", "death to the infedels" and "long live OBL" - hell, I even saw a sign in ENGLISH that said "death to America".

I don't think that was a case of wrong context.

Frankly, whos translating this for us? What exactly is the chant? If it doesn't really mean "death" but rather "go away" why is EVERYONE translating it as death?

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
I'm sorry, but I have to ask...

What about when OBL had his suicide attackers fly 2 planes into the world trade center, 1 into the pentagon, and another one that was headed towards the capitol?

Never happened. OBL had nothing to do with 9/11. How do you explain Pakistans ISI sending money to Atta and Atta sending money back if it was planned purely by OBL?
What did happen was a very well planned military attack on America, by America and it's globalist allies, Pakistan and Isreal in order to kick start policy and doctrines that were finalised in 1997 in order to keep America out of the red when oil peaks and to keep it's allies in power of their regions.

Not because they are 'jealous of our freedoms'.

I saw plenty of people in the middle east chanting "death to America, death to Isreal", "death to the infedels" and "long live OBL" - hell, I even saw a sign in ENGLISH that said "death to America".

I don't think that was a case of wrong context.

Frankly, whos translating this for us? What exactly is the chant? If it doesn't really mean "death" but rather "go away" why is EVERYONE translating it as death?

I'm sure you have seen people saying it in English and while their country is being attacked, i'm sure they mean it too but you can't seriously believe that EVERYONE in Iran and EVERYONE in Iraq believes EVERYONE in America should be killed, therefore you should do it to them first as a pre-caution. Protest signs are hardly the voice of an entire nation, if that were true then all of America would be either Bush haters or gay-marriage supporters.

When you hear statements like 'Death To America' and think that means death to the entire nation, do you ask why? What have we done? and really go research American/M.E. history and conflict or do you just get the gun and ask who you should kill?

There's plenty of reasons why the M.E don't like America and plenty of valid reasons why they shouldn't but no M.E nation has EVER crossed the ocean and attacked America - NEVER. Indivduals may have done things against America but no NATION ever has.

What they mean is they want America out of their land. Death to America is targeted at Americans in the Middle East who are making life bad for thousands for the profit of a few.

You cannot deny that. To stop the problem, you fix yourself. Stop giving them reason to hate you so it doesn't grow into a situation where it won't be enough to just have America out of the M.E.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Never happened. OBL had nothing to do with 9/11. How do you explain Pakistans ISI sending money to Atta and Atta sending money back if it was planned purely by OBL?
What did happen was a very well planned military attack on America, by America and it's globalist allies, Pakistan and Isreal in order to kick start policy and doctrines that were finalised in 1997 in order to keep America out of the red when oil peaks and to keep it's allies in power of their regions.

Not because they are 'jealous of our freedoms'.

OK - I am not asking about the politics of it. I am speaking of THOUSANDS - more like TENS of thousands of Arabs out in the streets celebrating the attack.

REGARDLESS of who did it, THEY liked it, THEY supported it, and yet again THEY chanted "DEATH TO AMERICA".

So you can't say it's just some kind of missunderstanding caused by language - they clearly and actively demonstrated that they believe 'death to America' really means "death" and not simply "please leave".

I'm sure you have seen people saying it in English and while their country is being attacked, i'm sure they mean it too but you can't seriously believe that EVERYONE in Iran and EVERYONE in Iraq believes EVERYONE in America should be killed, therefore you should do it to them first as a pre-caution. Protest signs are hardly the voice of an entire nation, if that were true then all of America would be either Bush haters or gay-marriage supporters.

Believe me, I don't think everyone in those countries believes it - BUT - and it is a BIG but, their LEADERSHIP does, and clearly has some support from their nation in those beliefs.

When you hear statements like 'Death To America' and think that means death to the entire nation, do you ask why? What have we done? and really go research American/M.E. history and conflict or do you just get the gun and ask who you should kill?

Well then I guess they should ask what they have done recently, because if arming them to fight the soviets and supporting a tiny little nation like Isreal calls for them to kill 10,000 people, then that gives us just cause by their logic.

Really, there is no reason to chant death to America. None. Just like their is no reason to chant Death to Islam.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by howmuchisthedoggy
When they do it, it is despicable, but when little Johnny gets a new G.I. Joe it is considered healthy.

I watched alot of G.I. Joe when I was a kid and it cant even compare to that cartoon. The enemy of G.I. Joe was a fictional terrorist org. Cobra

In this cartoon the Israelis with stars of david displayed on their berets are the enemy.

Also nobody ever died in G.I. Joe they fired laser and the never hit anything besides robots and when they did hit a helicopter of tank you always saw the crew safely bail out. Now that I think about everyone in G.I. Joe and Cobra had horrible aim.

In this cartoon Israelis soldiers execute his unarmed parents. So he seeks revenge and it ends with him blowing himself up to kill the Israeli soldiers. In the end everyone is dead on both sides save for one even younger child which happens across the carnage.

Comparing the two is like comparing apples and pineapple grenades.

As for the people that compare it to American military video games. You have to consider all those games are rated MATURE

Titles rated M (Mature) have content that may be suitable for persons ages 17 and older. Titles in this category may contain intense violence, blood and gore, sexual content, and/or strong language.

The average age of a video gamer is now 29 years old. These violent games are not made for kids but rather the large 17+ plus video game demographic. The thought that only kids play them is a arcane myth.

Not that I have seen rock solid proof this cartoon was designed for childern, but evidence points heavily in that direction. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck theres a good chance its a duck.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 4-11-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   

u sure? i swore i saw Osama bin laden gloating about inflicting massive casualties and dat it cost him only a couple of hundred thousand dollars to inflict about a trillion dollars lost on the U.S. economy and psychological damage to the American people. he also says dat the attacks is meant for America's support for Israel's invasion of Lebanon in 82.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Oh of course it's the cartoons that's making them hate us. It couldn't possiably our leaders desire to invade the middle east and use the military to dominate the world. It couldn't possiably be that the middle east doesn't want things like "who wants to marry a millionaire" and "desperate housewives." Don't you get it they look at our culture as sick and seditious. Then they look around maybe even in Iraq and see a city torn apart and dominated by a foriegn force. Of course lets blame the cartoons.... Like we dont have this propaganda crap here

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Do you know for sure that they don't want some of the things we have? All of the people I know from the ME like TV, Reeboks, etc., just fine. They seem to love driving BMW's when they can afford it.

Don't confuse what their leaders want with what the people want.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Act of War was created by France. i dink dat is as close as u can get to anti American game. but still the developers were making it for money and not for anti American fantasy about destruction of American cities based on its foreign policy. dats my view.

Wrong.

Act of War was released by Atari, a US company (they are however a subsidiary of Infogrames Entertainment SA, who are French).

www.atari.com...
corporate.infogrames.com...
biz.yahoo.com...

You can even purchase Act of War at large retailers such as Target (and i assume WalMart. I've personally seen the game on the shelf at Target).

[edit on 4-11-2005 by negativenihil]

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
We must go to war now, to stop this evil cartoon menace from destroying us all!

Sorry, j/k, couldn't resist

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil

Act of War was released by Atari, a US company (they are however a subsidiary of Infogrames Entertainment SA, who are French).

dats close enough.
i already play the game.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Do you know for sure that they don't want some of the things we have? All of the people I know from the ME like TV, Reeboks, etc., just fine. They seem to love driving BMW's when they can afford it.

Don't confuse what their leaders want with what the people want.

Very true
Some people in the Middle East do indeed want western type stuff even American popular culture.

Saudi-owned Middle East Broadcasting Center has expanded from its main Arabic news and entertainment channel, MBC 1, to include a channel dedicated to Hollywood movies, MBC 2, and another showing U.S. sitcoms and talk shows, MBC 4.

There is even Arabic versions of Western reality TV and talent shows.

news.yahoo.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join