It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian cartoon promotes suicide terrorism…

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Found this, don’t have much story on it, but I have the video itself.

If this is what their kids get to be programmed with, I fear the situations is worse than I ever imagined…

CAUTION!! Mildly graphic animation.

Click Image to see video

Allah help us all.

[edit on 3-11-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Kids are cheaper than cruise missiles. It takes no technical expertise to make them either.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Yep; that's about how it's done. Varying level of hate invokng instruction like this is happening in madrassas/mosques all over the world--including the US. This is why there will never be and end to the Israel/Palestinian problems until one or the other is completely elliminated. It's unfortunate

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
As opposed to the good education the kids in the west get from movies and games? When they do it, it is despicable, but when little Johnny gets a new G.I. Joe it is considered healthy.

Maybe we should be considering the overall effect on all kids of this rubbish?

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   
How is this cartoon for children?
Just because it is a cartoon it must be for kids?
Only here in North America do Adults feel that cartoons are for kids.
If you look at animation from Japan some of it is ten times more violent than this crappy video.
This video isn't for kids. Kids wont even grasp the concepts in this show. This is just more propaganda from memritv.org.
I find it hard to believe anything memritv.org has to say about Islamic countries since it was founded by 2 men who are former members of Israeli military intelligence.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
How is this cartoon for children?
Just because it is a cartoon it must be for kids?
Only here in North America do Adults feel that cartoons are for kids.
If you look at animation from Japan some of it is ten times more violent than this crappy video.
This video isn't for kids. Kids wont even grasp the concepts in this show. This is just more propaganda from memritv.org.
I find it hard to believe anything memritv.org has to say about Islamic countries since it was founded by 2 men who are former members of Israeli military intelligence.

The main characters were kids and the content was very simple and to the point. It was obviously a cartoon for children.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The main characters in Akira are kids.
It is not obvious this cartoon is for kids. What do we know about the culture in Iran? Only what memritv tells us I guess.
If it was the care bears blowing themselves up, I would have to agree that it is for kids. But this is a very adult situation.

Find another source that claims this to be a kids show that isn't bias and I will believe it.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
The main characters in Akira are kids.
It is not obvious this cartoon is for kids. What do we know about the culture in Iran? Only what memritv tells us I guess.
If it was the care bears blowing themselves up, I would have to agree that it is for kids. But this is a very adult situation.

Find another source that claims this to be a kids show that isn't bias and I will believe it.

www.memritv.org...

click on #907 and u realize its definitely meant for the kids and wat the propagandists want them to be wen they grow up after seeing videos like dis.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by howmuchisthedoggy
As opposed to the good education the kids in the west get from movies and games? When they do it, it is despicable, but when little Johnny gets a new G.I. Joe it is considered healthy.

Maybe we should be considering the overall effect on all kids of this rubbish?

US teen violent crimes are down over 30% this past year. Being a parent myself, I am unaware of any cartoons that I can tune in to on my TV that promote blowing people in any type of suicide attack. No comparison.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
10/28/2005 Clip No. 907
Children Drive Cruel Israeli Soldiers Away Using Eggplant Grenades in an Iranian Animated Movie

Following are excerpts from an Iranian animated movie titled "The Grenade", which was aired on IRIB 1 on October 28, 2005.

Muezzin: Allah Akbar.

Muslims pray in the mosque, while Israeli soldiers advance towards a Palestinian village, where some children are playing. Soldiers break into houses, open fire on the villagers, and throw tear-gas grenades, while children resist with sling-shots and stones. Some villagers are dragged away, beaten, captured, and mistreated. Barbed wire goes up around the village.

A small boy, seeing the soldiers' grenades, has an idea: the grenades resemble eggplants. He gathers a group of children, who pick eggplants, and hang them on their belts. They charge at the soldiers, hurling the eggplants at them, and the soldiers throw down their guns and flee.

The villagers hold the soldiers at gunpoint, and the children raise the captured guns in victory.

Villagers: Allah Akbar.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Found this, don’t have much story on it, but I have the video itself.

Iran - U.S. special forces dart through Iran's underground nuclear facilities, gunning down any hapless Iranians standing between them and centrifuges that must be blown to bits.

Assault on Iran

Its only a bad thing when Iran does it huh.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   

The Iran game has been downloaded in Iran thousands of times, Halper said, and the company has received roughly 300 e-mail messages from Iran. Some criticized the game but others had asked how to get a copy without a broadband connection.

Iran has been prickly about the idea of U.S. special forces lurking around inside the Islamic Republic since U.S. journalist Seymour Hersh said in the New Yorker this year that U.S. "Black Ops" had ventured across Iran's borders.

i remember wen people complain about the protrayal of the GLA as Arab terrorists in Command and Conquer Generals but u have people in Egypt wanting to play the game and be the general of the GLA fighting the infidel powerful Americans.

NR

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I wouldnt spend a penny on that game, they made the iranian soldiers speak arabick in the game which really ticked me off and made their uniforms like those taliban or insurgency in Iraq.... another pathetic game

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by shire19
Iran - U.S. special forces dart through Iran's underground nuclear facilities, gunning down any hapless Iranians standing between them and centrifuges that must be blown to bits.

Assault on Iran

Its only a bad thing when Iran does it huh.

Ill repeat myself: USA teen violent crimes are down 30% this past year. Overall crime in the USA is at a 30 year low. Thank you very much, but video games like this have all been proved not to promote crime in the USA. And again, there are no cartoons in the US promoting Ameircan kids to blow themselves up to kill ethnic, political, religuos rivals...

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Nothing is more frightening then waking up at 1am to the sound of the TV. Walking downstairs and seeing your 4 year old watching Adult Swim on the Toon Channel just in time to see a samuri chop off someone's head with one fell swoop of a sword and blood.

Now granted, the channel is now locked, and the little ones won't see that rubbish again (I watch it all the time though!), it's still there. Little kids don't stay in bed, and violent cartoons are indeed on national Television.

As for teen violence down 30%.. I'm sure a numbering of contributing factors play into that... kids don't get out much anymore.. instead, they sit inside and play their violent video games.. ironic

[edit on 11/3/2005 by QuietSoul]

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This is clearly not a cartoon for kids, and as another poster has said there are many other cartoons out there (japanese anyone?) featuring kids, that are of extreme voilence. Don't equate cartoon to mean kids. That's like equating Anti Iranian propoganda with intelligent thought...

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Skippy, your propaganda still makes me laugh.

Anyway, i prefer to play one of the many American versions:

Close Combat - First To Fight
"The Real Life Combat Experience Of The Proud Few"
www.firsttofight.com...

Basically, you lead the Good Ol' Yanky Marines through Beirut where you kill just about all of the Middle Eastern Arab nationalities.

It even has opening screens with American propaganda quotes like:

"The greatest protectors of Peace are those willing to die in war"

With US marine logos everywhere. Personally, i wouldn't play it online because if you get a good score, you'll probably start recieving recruiting forms from the Military.

I'd LOVE to see the outrage by some Americans if a middle eastern country developing a combat game aimed at taking over US cities. It would be a 'terrorist training game'!!!

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis

I'd LOVE to see the outrage by some Americans if a middle eastern country developing a combat game aimed at taking over US cities. It would be a 'terrorist training game'!!!

dont know if there are ani games with Middle Eastern taking cities over. however there is the game called Act of War destroying American cities and the U.S. has to deal with terrorist attacks. no complaints i heard from dat game.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Originally posted by TheShroudOfMemphis

dont know if there are ani games with Middle Eastern taking cities over. however there is the game called Act of War destroying American cities and the U.S. has to deal with terrorist attacks. no complaints i heard from dat game.

That looks like a good game.

Thou, was it developed in a Middle Eastern country?

I'm not talking about Terrorism from a US developers angle where American's are the hero's in the end, i'm talking about IF a Middle Eastern developer made a game in which the Americans were the losers and the Arabs win the attack and wars and it was all about their patriotism and dying for their nation.

If such a game could be developed, it probably wouldn't get released by any of the American game developers and if it was released locally in the M.E., you could see the Fox headlines already about 'a new game promoting & traning the youth for terrorism'.

NR

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
ShroudofMemphis do you play americas army? i played the game for a while now and its ok but it was all for recruitement. If you do u2u me so we can play some time when i get the chance....

[edit on 3-11-2005 by NR]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join