It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prince Charles: U.S. must lead on planet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
President Bush and Prince Charles met on Wednesday to discuss many issues, including the recent "terrifying" changes to the global climate. Prince Charles claims that the world looks to America for the our most crucial issues. He also went on to say that the burden of the world rests on the shoulders of America and President Bush.

www.cnn.com
Raising a toast to Bush at a White House dinner, the heir to the throne noted the "enormous challenges and responsibilities that faced the 43rd president of the United States."

"So many people throughout the world look to the United States for a lead on the most crucial issues that face our planet and indeed the lives of our grandchildren.

"Truly the burden of the world rests on your shoulders," Prince Charles said at the dinner on Wednesday evening, according to the UK's Press Association.

Among more than 100 guests were U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, former first lady Nancy Reagan, actor Kelsey Grammer and designer Oscar de la Renta. The assembled dignitaries dined on buffalo washed down with chardonnay and pinot noir.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Does anyone else seem to think that this was a bit outlandish of Prince Charles to say? I think it is a step in the right direction to have the leaders of two of the world's strongest nations to speak about this topic, but to put all the responsibility on the US's shoulders seems a bit much. Kudos to Prince Charles who atleast realizes the significance and consequences of the drastic change in climate the world has undertaken. More world leaders need to step up to the plate and do something about this. If not, our grandchildren may be in for a very rough life.

[edit on 3-11-2005 by noslenwerd]

[edit on 11/12/05 by FredT]

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Does anyone else seem to think that this was a bit outlandish of
Prince Charles to say?

Absolutely. It was VERY strange of him to say this.

I think it is a step in the right direction to have the leaders of two
of the world's strongest nations to speak about this topic,

I don't consider Prince Charles to be a leader in anything and considering
that 81% of the US people polled don't care that he is visiting this country,
I'd say that most people here don't consider him a leader of his country
either. The guys biggest ambition in life is to be Camella's *female
hygene product* (he actually used the word which I was asked not
to do here). That takes away any credibility he might have had, at least
with me.

but to put all the responsibility on the US's shoulders
seems a bit much

The world loves to do that. Blame America. In this case, sort of
pre-blame America. 'oh .. you were warned .. the world is a mess
... so it's YOUR fault'.

I voted 'YES' for this topic.

[edit on 11/3/2005 by FlyersFan]

CX

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I do think this was said in the wrong way, yes as such a large country and a world leader in certain areas, the US could maybe set a path for others to look up to or follow, or act as a good example in helping towards solving some of these problems but i think it was unfair to say it as though it's up to the US to sort it out.

I thought it was everyones responsibilty?

I was going to mention the fact that Charles also talks to plantlife......but i would'nt want to be responsible for any jokes that may come this way!

CX.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Maybe President Bush shared information about the aliens with Prince Charles.
Of course you have to believe like I do that aliens have contacted earth through America and told us we (our world has to be at peace before we will be accepted into the United Universe.

I also believe Reagan shared this information with USSR back when it fell apart and became democratic.

Its why we have not left earth orbit with Humans since the moon landings.

Its the reason for new world order. Its the big picture we do not see.

I take off my foil hat now and go back to work.

=)

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Sounds like pure diplomacy, extreme flattery, and a bit of bad reporting to me.

Chuck was just buttering up the big boy with his importance, IMO, not blaming the US. 'Course, it does beg for that kind of spin.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
It was a toast at a dinner party, from someone that has no real political power. A bit odd, but hard to make a big too doo about it.

new topics

top topics

join