It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HBO's Deadwood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I am up to second episode of the second series of Deadwood.

For those that are are not aware of this HBO series, it is a hard boiled western that is definately for adults only.

The language may offend some but quickly fades into the background scenery. The small town delivers with it's many of the citizens finding themselves under the scheming mechinations of Al Swearingen. Countered by the angst ridden Bullock a determined man whose sensibilities pits him against Swearingen.

A cast of notible actors with some amazing performances.

www.hbo.com...

It's well worth a look, yah dirt worshippen hoople heads!

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Deadwood is totally awesome! I love that show! If you like Deadwood you should check out Rome also.
For a little while I even had this as an avatar

Swearenger is the man.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
LOL. Thats a great Avatar.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Deadwood is a great show, its not really the genre I watch but I have to admit I am hooked on it and I am now almost through the first season.

JAK

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I tried to watch this, and I did think it looked good. But I cannot get over the language, I know it might be a nice realism angle but there's barely a breather. And it's not necessary.

I've haven't heard such a continued torrent of swearing since Jay and Silent Bob, but that tickled my infantile sense of humour.

It's a real shame, it did look good. Realism yes, but damn, there's stuff there that would make a sailor blush.

Jak

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by JAK

It's a real shame, it did look good. Realism yes, but damn, there's stuff there that would make a sailor blush.

Jak

Ha Ha, you are right JAK.

The language is a bit over the top, and as it is too crude I cant give any examples !!!

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Does anyone know if Deadwood has been renewed for a fourth season?

new topics

top topics

join