It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Here’s a twist: “Iran blasts Canada’s human rights record” ...Mmmm…

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I must admit hanging out with some of my Canadian friends can be “torturous” at times (eh?), but I would hardly accuse Canada of human rights violations…

Source



Tehran, Iran, Nov. 03 – Iran blasted Canada’s “violation of human rights”, accusing the North American state of practicing torture, during a session of the United Nations social and humanitarian committee, the state-run news agency IRNA reported on Thursday.

The report said that Iran’s representative to the UN Commission on Human Rights, Mostafa Alaee, presented various “documents pointing to the human rights violations of Canada and its many years of being a human rights violator”, and strongly criticised Ottawa's rights record.

Iran’s move against Canada was seen by analysts as an attempt by Tehran to dissuade Ottawa from tabling a resolution at the UN Human Rights Commission condemning human rights violations in Iran

The Iranian envoy told the UN committee that the Canadian-sponsored resolution on rights abuses by the Islamic Republic was “politically motivated”.

“Given its dark record of human rights, Ottawa itself deserves to be the subject of a resolution for its human rights violations”, he said.

“Being charged itself with human rights violations, is Ottawa competent enough to initiate a human rights resolution in the UN against another country?”, Alaee asked, referring to the resolution against Iran's human rights record.



I read this as a reaction to accusations on themselves. When attacked counter attack I guess, no matter how ludicrous…




posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
This is hilarious. Canada violating human rights?


A classic case of the pot calling everbody black, in order to take the spotlight off of their own sorry record of human rights.

This guy is Iran's version of Baghdad Bob!



posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Love the story.
I would love to see what "evidence" was used to support the claim.
Probably the same "evidence" used by IRC (international Red Cross) that proved prison abuse at GITMO as well as their latest claims of "secret CIA Black"prison camps in Poland and Romania. The evidence, Plane logs showing a flight went to both countries the same day that some detainees were flwon out.
Makes you wonder what the IRC would have said if the airport had been O'Hare.

Nice catch there skippy



posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I don't see why you guys see this as so laughable 9beyond the fact that it is Iran saying this...). Why is the notion of Canada violating human rights such a fantastic one? I guess that marketing campaign promoting "Canada: The Good" has been pretty successful.


Take a look at Haiti, for instance. Are you aware of what's going on there? THe Canadian soldiers stationed in Haiti are complicit in the human rights violations going on there. They are supporting the HNP which have carried out numerous slaughters, and train are actively training new officers. Standing idly by watching these things occur is on the same level as commiting them.

How about we look within our own borders? A recent example in the media spotlight is concerning the reserve Kashechewan in Northern Ontario on James Bay. They have been dealing with tainted water, full of E. coli, for years. What does the government do? Ignores it. They ignore it until they realise it will not go away and something needs to be done. Whose fault is this? The governments. Why? They built the well system downstream from sewage lagoons and it smells of nothing by poor planning and idiocy. The subsequent years of putting off doing anything? They reek of lack of respect for a group of people. Equality and dignity are being denied. And if you ask me, these peoples right to an adequate standard of living was ignored and tossed to the side for far too long.

Canada? A human rights violator?
Never.



posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Love the story.
I would love to see what "evidence" was used to support the claim.
Probably the same "evidence" used by IRC (international Red Cross) that proved prison abuse at GITMO as well as their latest claims of "secret CIA Black"prison camps in Poland and Romania. The evidence, Plane logs showing a flight went to both countries the same day that some detainees were flwon out.
Makes you wonder what the IRC would have said if the airport had been O'Hare.


Not to change the topic of the thread, but do you acutally believe there have been no incidents of prisoner abuse at Gitmo or the the Black prisons don't exist?

Or am I reading what you wrote wrong?



posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
parrhesia,
Good reply. As I said in my post, there was no information from the article cited indicating just what the
“documents pointing to the human rights violations of Canada and its many years of being a human rights violator”,
I am well aware of the Cree issues in Kashechewan but even they lay most of the blame on Ottawa and the IBA and not the Canadian goverment.
I am unfamiliar with the Canadian soldiers in Haiti issue. Do you have soe links? Are they part of the UN forces?



posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
sensfan


Not to change the topic of the thread, but do you acutally believe there have been no incidents of prisoner abuse at Gitmo or the the Black prisons don't exist?

You misread what I was getting at. The allegations that the International Red Cross have made in regards to GITMO were based soely on the fact that their representatives were not allowed to go on a "fact finding" trip on GITMO. That is from the Red Cross's own web Site.
The latest Allegations of Black Op's prison camps that the IRC is making is as I mentioned. based of the fact that aircraft logs show a plane left the same day as detainees were leveing and that plane went to Poland as well as Romania. So the IRC has determined in it's infinite wisdom that these detainees are now somewhere in those countries.



posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I think you will find quite a bit more evidence for both claims if you look into it. Abuse at Gitmo is pretty much a documented fact.



posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
I think you will find quite a bit more evidence for both claims if you look into it. Abuse at Gitmo is pretty much a documented fact.


Can you post those documents please? Any photo's or videos of the abuse? Take your time, be thorough, ill wait.



posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Start here..

www.cbsnews.com...



posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Start here..

www.cbsnews.com...


Whats that? A news story? When is the news "documented fact"? You promised "documented fact", please lets see them.

Take your time, if you say there are documented facts I believe you, I just want to see them. Ill be patient.



posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Not going to waste my time trying to prove anything to you. I think your mind is made up no matter what you hear or read.

My regards.



posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia


Well if this is true then why didnt our good friends ArchAngel, and Souljah, Make threads about it...


Oh wait thats right i see nothing regarding America...



posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
What about the "Security" certificates being used to detain people for as long as we want? My friend was held on such a certificate for a year and a half just because his cousin visted his family in afganistan before 9/11
What about deporting "suspects" to countries where torture is allowed? Pah. Iran shouldn't be talking but neither should our Gov't and the US gov't when it comes to Human Rights abuses.

We are treading down a dangerous path and someone great once said...

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin


Originally posted by C0le

Originally posted by parrhesia


Well if this is true then why didnt our good friends ArchAngel, and Souljah, Make threads about it...


Oh wait thats right i see nothing regarding America...



Who cares what Partisans think...

[edit on 3-11-2005 by sardion2000]



posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
I don't see why you guys see this as so laughable 9beyond the fact that it is Iran saying this...). Why is the notion of Canada violating human rights such a fantastic one? I guess that marketing campaign promoting "Canada: The Good" has been pretty successful.


Take a look at Haiti, for instance. Are you aware of what's going on there? THe Canadian soldiers stationed in Haiti are complicit in the human rights violations going on there. They are supporting the HNP which have carried out numerous slaughters, and train are actively training new officers. Standing idly by watching these things occur is on the same level as commiting them.

How about we look within our own borders? A recent example in the media spotlight is concerning the reserve Kashechewan in Northern Ontario on James Bay. They have been dealing with tainted water, full of E. coli, for years. What does the government do? Ignores it. They ignore it until they realise it will not go away and something needs to be done. Whose fault is this? The governments. Why? They built the well system downstream from sewage lagoons and it smells of nothing by poor planning and idiocy. The subsequent years of putting off doing anything? They reek of lack of respect for a group of people. Equality and dignity are being denied. And if you ask me, these peoples right to an adequate standard of living was ignored and tossed to the side for far too long.

Canada? A human rights violator?
Never.


The problem with Haiti is this. Since the Somalia disaster politicians don’t have the balls to give Canadian peace keepers the mandate to defend civilians. In essence Canadian peace keepers are beings used as nothing more than political tools too increase approval rating of the current party in power. When ever the Canadian peace keepers are sent out the politicians are up in front on their podiums. . Apparently many Canadian peace keepers suffer from depression because they feel powerless as atrocities are carried out in front of them.


As for the water in the native communities I can’t ague with your point. This is another example of the ineptitude of the way Canada’s socialist system is run. It’s not necessarily human right violations just dumb as*es running the country. Still none the less these there are no excuse for these Native communities to have bad water.

One last point, it’s not only Native Communities with bad water treatment

www.canoe.ca...

[edit on C:Satocu11e11 by Opus]



posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
yeah, canada likes to hang gays when finding out certain males are homo's. It's even worse if their caught in public bathrooms.
ok Iran, I think he's self-projecting again.



posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Not going to waste my time trying to prove anything to you. I think your mind is made up no matter what you hear or read.

My regards.




(S)He sure told you skippy
And showed how it was docmented fact.



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join