It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confessions of a Marine

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Massey is a coward and should be treated as such.

There is no such thing as civilians in war. Myth................

Massey's DI should be putting the "hairs" on him to correct his original mistake. He should have never made it out of Boot!.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Souljah, I am sorry I haven't gotten back to this thread, and I also haven't read anything esle of it except to see what you said to my statement about your understanding of hte constitution. Your response to that makes it very apparent that you don't understand it. Please, don't try and quote something you don't understand. Just because someone can read the letters on a keyboard doesn't mean they understand how a computer works.
Freedom of speech doesn't mean that your drivel is guarranteed publishing. Obviously, he has found a company that doesn't mind putting it to print, and it is obvious that he found a suitable country for it. That country is very close to Italy and I'll bet there are many people who'd like to read it, considering what kind of crap passes for "journalism" (reference to that grainy, lousily-made piece on Falujah with erroneous reporting and, for those who are knowledeable, obvious misleadings).

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Secondly, I am not defending a thing, I am attacking the alligations of this man because frankly, HE'S EITHER A LIAR OR A MURDERER, and either way I have nothing but contempt for him.

He's a LIAR:

There have been quite a few newspaper stories and media counts of an Iraq vet by the name of Jimmy Massey. Does the name ring a bell? Jimmy Massey has been seeking audiences wherever he can find them describing all of the atrocities that he as a soldier saw in Iraq. He said that he worked with the Marines in Iraq. It has been discovered that he lied about it all. He lied and made it all up. And his story now is that he was told to say this by others.

Rush Limbaugh

Another site exposing his lies: vdare.com...

I guess the source debunker is here: St. Louis Post-Dispatch

[edit on 11/9/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Its the same Crap to me.

Oh really?
I take that same crap didnt airlift people in the lake district when the floods happend (BTW I was in the lake district when that happened and I can tell you the rain was heavy as hell) , I take it that same "crap" didnt help in the tsunami? Or that the same "Crap"'s band service help all over the world as medics?

Are you trying to say, that:

A) the Army did not kill and civilan in Iraq? When bombing a House with SUSPECTED Terrorists, and the result is 40 dead Civilans - what is that called? A mistake? An error?

The army does not bomb civilians in iraq, thats more likely to be the air force. The armed forces dont mean to kill terrorists but when they hide in amongnst civilians what choice do they have?

B) So, you think that the Army will not protect their people, until the end?

The army doesnt protect is people, its shown this on MANY occasions.
Tim collins, the 6 paras, etc ,etc .
The army is terrirble at defending its people in the press , why? Because people see members of the armed forces are murderers.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
He's a LIAR...

And that is exactly what I thought.

So Souljah, care to defend him now?

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
To All American Patriots and Fans of the Schrub&Co. :

I Understand your Pain and Suffering when People such as Jimmy Massey speak about their Experiences in Iraq. I Understand why you are closing your eyes, and do not want to see what goes on behind the "Curtain" of the Pure War you receive on your Television Sets. I Understand why you are calling this Man a Liar and why you are calling Italian Journalists Communist Islamo-Fascists. I Understand that completly. And for all Rush Limbaugh FANS - are you sure He is telling the Truth is his Rare Times of being Sober and not onOxyContin and Lorcet (a combination of Paracetamol (acetaminophen) and hydrocodone). I Understand you LOVE Being a Conservative American and You Hold your Goverment Dear and really do not want them to see them being Portairt like Liers (THAT THEY ARE!). You can call this Ex-Marine a LIAR or MURDER or whatever. I however do not Understand where is your Care when YOUR President LIES to you about Much more Important things? I guess he is an Honest man, that speaks the Truth, the Whole Truth and Nothing but the Truth - everybody else are LIARS.

But I Belive the Italian Communist Islamo-Fascist Newspapers MUCH MORE then any of the Conservative American Media Combined.

Call me Whatever you want.

Here is a Nice Link Especially for all of YOU:

We’re committing genocide in Iraq

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Souljah, the "confession" you brought up has proven to be a lie.

Jimmy Massey is a PROVEN LIAR, he has changed his story several times, and NO ONE agrees with a thing he says - and that includes AP photographers and other reporters.

You continued to support him because you have an agenda.

You have proven to be wrong. Deal with it. Walk away with your tail between your legs.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Souljah, the "confession" you brought up has proven to be a lie.

Jimmy Massey is a PROVEN LIAR, he has changed his story several times, and NO ONE agrees with a thing he says - and that includes AP photographers and other reporters.

You continued to support him because you have an agenda.

You have proven to be wrong. Deal with it. Walk away with your tail between your legs.

Why should I Deal with it?

Coz Bunch of Your Conservative Friends told me to?

Coz Rush Limbaugh said so? Maybe it were the Drugs talking...

Maybe you JUMP when they say so - I don not.

You want to keep your US Goverment Clean and Spotless, when FACTS are that US Army Broke several Laws and Conventions in Iraq and did some pretty terrible things.

When somebody starts to talk about - you try to shut him up.

Such PATRIOTS - it really makes me wanna cry.

With people like you, how can America do anything Wrong?

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Souljah, this guy was proven to be a fraud by the mainstream media through interviews of embedded journalists and other miltary persons involved in the same missions where Massey alleges these events occurred. When confronted with these facts, Massey basically admitted he was lying.

By holding onto this story after this has been revealed, you just further expose how myopic and biased your own views are.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Why should I Deal with it?

Uhhhh, because most people live in reality?

You want to keep your US Goverment Clean and Spotless, when FACTS are...

that Jimmy Massey admited he was a liar!

What is so hard to understand about that? You can post all of the articals you want about what he claimed, but the FACT is that they were written before he was proven a liar.

It's so pathetic... You want so badly for this to have happened that even staring the cold hard truth head on, you will deny it.

So much for denying ignorance

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   

by Souljah: (5 posts up)
To All American Patriots and Fans of the Schrub&Co. :

Soulj,

That is one of the most pathetic posts I've ever seen you make?!

by Souljah:
But I Belive the Italian Communist Islamo-Fascist Newspapers MUCH MORE then any of the Conservative American Media Combined.

If you are referring to the Fallajuh video released by the Italian news agency ... How can you possibly watch that video and NOT see the biased, "out of context" and "edited to support the cause" approach?!

Much of the video, photos and supportive clips [in their entirety] have no true relevence to the author's claims whatsoever.

Souljah,

I'm not saying everything is peachy-keen here stateside [far-be-it from that] ... however, Jimmy Massey and this video from Fallujah are hardly factual reporting/recollections by any standard.

Mr. Massey has been repeatedly debunked as a liar and a fraud, looking to capitalize on his experiences. The testimonies by the two ex soldiers, in the video, are moreso hindsight and hearsay by their own admissions.

Technically though, there has been mention of segments being taken secretively, there are "keyhole" views in the video. Yet, you can clearly see "full screen" borders with a "mask" applied as an overlay. I'll gladly post screen shots if you wish. As with the closing clip, which is presented entirely out of context, here's another fine example of factually-based, evidential journalistic reporting. [sarcasm /off]

Peace2All

[edit on 11/9/2005 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
they didnt stop at the right spot? at a checkpoint. and after wat we have seen wat happens wen people get to close, Marines and soldiers dont take chances. yes its a tragedy wen soldiers have a split second decision to fire or not after seeing other comrades getting killed by people who dont dress like soldiers and dont carry revealling weapons.

I just wanna ask, why is this book not pubished in the States, but in France?

When ex-marines want to critisie the Military, they are just removed.

Nobody dares to go against the Military.

Nobody wants to see the Real Deal in Iraq.

People just Cover up their eyes and ears and just like skippy - skip the topic to the "Terror-Terrorist-Terroism" part and ignore anything anti-war.

This is just 4 you skippy:

It's probably published in French because the French are gullible and hate America already. I can already point out a bunch of discrepencies in this guy's story just from the written account.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Please be kind to Souljah. Fact seems to confuss the issue that america is evil and even if the unfacts are supported by lies that's OK. Mary Mapes still thinks the forged document are OK because no one has proved them false, except...well........the whole world.

It's the CHARGE not the truth that counts.............

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
If you are Interested...

GNN

It is ironic that Ron Harris should accuse others of bad reporting. It was Ron Harris himself that misquoted me as having mentioned a 4 year old with a bullet in her head, and then conveniently used his own misquote to accuse me of lying. Simply doing a web search for “Jimmy Massey” and “4 year old,” you will find that the only source even suggesting that I knew of an incident when Marines had killed the child is Harris’ own story. My only related quote had been “Lima Company was involved in a shooting at a checkpoint. My platoon was ordered to another area before the victims were removed from the car. The other Marines told me that a 4-year-old girl had been killed.”

Most importantly, this incident is not even mentioned by me and my co-author in “Kill, Kill, Kill” because it relied on a second hand account. Harris would know this if he had read the book that he denounced so virulently on CNN and in his article, but he has not and cannot read it because it is only out in French, a language he openly admits he cannot speak. After nearly 2 years of remaining silent despite knowledge of my confessions, why has Harris saved his charade for the publication of a book of which he has absolutely no knowledge?

Jimmy Massey is a 12-year veteran of the United States Marine Corps who served as a Staff Sergeant in the 3rd Battalion, 7th Marines, Weapons Company, during the invasion of Iraq. He can be reached at: cowboynpeach@hotmail.com.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I thought we had a rule around here against attacking and insulting people. Or is this forum exempt?

Not that this is the only thread that I have noticed this in. Nor am I saying that folks shouldn't disagree, just, I see a lot of personal insults going on.

Is this, or is it not, against the rules?

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
There are two valuable things I learned from this thread.

(1) Even if a poster is on permanent ignore, one can get a good understanding of what he says and how he confuses what he wants to believe rather than what really is simply by reading the responses to his rants.

(2) There is only one person on this entire forum whom I have had on permanent ignore for a year now. I see that I made the proper choices in both placing him there in the first place and not subsequently removing him.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
To a certain degree you have to 'admire' some peoples ability to blindly follow their anti-american adgenda even when the true facts stare them in the face.

Actually it is quite sad that some have such blind hatred for everything american when they obvisously can't tell fact from fiction. I can most likely find a article somewhere on the internet blaming all the world's troubles on the mushroom people.......just because I do doesn't make it fact.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Did anybody bother to read the new article I provided?

Guess not.

You are too busy with Attacking the Messenger.

Typical.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Paul Ray had an incredible love for the troops under his command. One Christmas, the wife of a Soldier in Paul Rays platoon had just had surgery and the Soldier and his wife were unable to provide a Christmas for their family. So, Paul Ray collected food from the company Christmas party, and he and Birgit bought presents for the children, and they took them to the Soldiers home. Paul Rays family never heard of this until recounted to them by friends after his death. Another..very descriptive event that showed Paul Rays concern for his men involves another Soldier whose baby daughter was unexpectedly admitted to the hospital with a serious illness. Paul Ray would drive an hour out of town every night to give his support to this Soldier and his wife. In the last letter that Paul Ray wrote to the parents from Iraq, he told them ..now that he was a father himself, he realized just how much they had sacrificed to make his life a good life and he thanked them for that special effort. He spoke of being prepared to giveas he saidall that I am, to ensure that all my boys make it home. In that same letter, he told our parents how proud he was of the privilege to be given 25 of the finest Americans we call Soldiers to lead into war and he recognized their fears and his responsibilities for their welfare.

Wanna read more about a true Marine? Just click below!

www.medalofhonor.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join