It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knowing what's going to happen in the next few seconds?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I don't know how to word it.
Uh,

I'll use an example.

Let's say I'm having a dream while sleeping. I'm seeing, say, a bank robbery. There's no shooting, but then after a while it kind of builds up and I hear a shot, but 1 second after that shot a loud sound happens in real life, not in my dreams. But my mind processes it and makes something of tha noise a second before it actually happens.
It also happens some times when I'm just closing my eyes and daydreaming, but not actually sleeping.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Yeah, I get that all the time when I fall asleep in a place where things are going on around me. Like in front of the TV, things people are saying, and sounds you hear become incorporated into your dreams almost instantaneously. Ones ears continue to input signals into your brain even when asleep, its quite amazing how fast your brain can put dream-like images to accompany those sounds.

Although, when you dream, you have no concept of time, so it might not be that instantaneous, although it certainly seems so.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Speaking of "Knowing what's going to happen in the next few seconds" and "sitting in front of the TV", has anybody else noticed that if you focus entirely on the show, you can say the words that are being said on the TV simultaniously. (Like the TV is saying something, and you are saying the exact same thing in your head at the same time). But when you try to say it out loud, it won't work because of the delay from it getting to your mind and out your vocal chords
. Does the human brain interpret sound this fast (almost instantaniously)? Or could this be some sort of psychic phenomenon.

Someone else try it and I'd like to see if you can do it too.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Yeah I can do the same thing. I think everybody can it justs deals with how fast your brain can interpret certain signals, it's different when you try and speak what was said though, that's hard lol.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Yarcofan,
That's just because most TV programming is lame and predictable. I don't watch TV, but sometimes my wife does. I might wander by, and the conversation is soo predictable that I will say the next character's line before they do. Then my wife glares at me and I leave while rolling my eyes. TV sucks.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 04:47 AM
link   
No no, I don't mean the second it happens, I mean a second before. You mean my mind delays something by a second so it can turn it into an action to play in your head?

Ram

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Yep im on that one too...

Tv, ect..

Erhm..And if some woman has high heals on her shoes... outside window.. And my window is open - It will become part of the dreamshow..

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I have a super amazing ability to predict what song is going to play next when my CD player is in random play.
Yeah, I know... wow. But it seriously is a strong feeling I get once in a while so it's not like I just get a lucky guess every so often. I start singing a song in my head seconds before the current song is over, and next thing you know the song I was just thinking about is playing. This happens on my 6-disc changer as well, just in case you thought I only had like a 1 in 15 shot.

But alas, this is the only real psychic ability I've discovered in myself.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
A while back, I was taking a nap on my couch in front of the TV (I thought it was either off or muted), and had this weird dream about Rob Schnieder being trapped in a woman's body. I told my buddy about it, and he thought I had some issues, until we saw the trailer for the "Hot Chick" on TV. I've never heard of this movie before, but I guess I must have had the TV on while I was sleeping. It was weird how visually similar my dream was to the actual trailer.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Interesting....I have something similar or did at least in high school. I could feel it coming on some sort of energy buildup and then it was like I was shot forward in time were I could see what was gong to happen. then I would snap back and it would happen just I had seen it. At least I'm not the only one who experienced it.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Knowing what will happen in the next few seconds?

Ok, here goes. A lot of the responses experiences seem to happen while watching tv listening to music etc.

For me however it happens somewhat akin to deja vu. I will have one of those times when you feel you have done something before ( the deja vu part ) then it will progress and I will know what will happen in the next few seconds.

This doesn't happen very often and the last time was quite a while ago( a year or more I think ), but when it happened I knew that my sis was about to come in and I'd get in an argument with her. Then low and behold she came in just like in my extened de ja vu, except this time I knew what would trigger the argument so when it came up I just didnt respond. The result? The argument was avoided.

Now I feel this pretty much is way more than the brain needing to 'catch up' with the info coming in.

Nice thread. Hope to hear other responses.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Well, we are reality creating machines.... so to go further down the rabbit hole..

during our waking states we could be doing the exact same thing... all the while listening to just two people.. satan and god... lol

I also find it interesting how quickly audible ideas and symbols can be interpreted differently which proves wholly that reality is definately an opinion

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
i have this exact same thing myself, happens all the time, i'l just know which song is going to come on next in a club or on the radio station, or i'l just know to slow down round a corner in my car because there's a car coming round the other side fast, i have hundreds of examples, but, like the thread creator said, these things all happen like a few seconds after i've thought about it, it's weird, and can be scary at time

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I remember once falling out of bed but before I hit the floor my mind created a dream storyline to include me hitting the floor. I think I jumped from a moving car or something.

The next morning I wondered how my dream included the fall, the timing was perfect.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberianHusky
I have a super amazing ability to predict what song is going to play next when my CD player is in random play.
Yeah, I know... wow. But it seriously is a strong feeling I get once in a while so it's not like I just get a lucky guess every so often. I start singing a song in my head seconds before the current song is over, and next thing you know the song I was just thinking about is playing. This happens on my 6-disc changer as well, just in case you thought I only had like a 1 in 15 shot.

But alas, this is the only real psychic ability I've discovered in myself.

Same thing here. I have an MP3 player in my car that's always on random, sometimes with 200+ songs per disk. But a lot of times if I simply think of a part of a song, it will be the next song that comes on. And this happens way more often than it should by pure chance alone. Not only that, but like you said, I'll start playing the song in my head of the next one that's about to come on. It's really weird. I can't help but wonder if I'm predicting the song that's going to be on next, or if I'm influencing the player to play that particular song.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
That's strange, I've never heard of any cases like that before. You should start keeping a log of these events, so it will be asier to track when it hapens, and possibly what you did/ate/saw before you went to sleep (or experienced this).

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Hey , it's funny tho see you guys talking about that . Lately I've been expericing something like that . While playing Resident Evil 4 I know in wicht part of the stage I'm going to apear . I'm not always right , but I was surprised when I kept getting right several times in a roll ( note that there is 4 diferente locations per stage )

new topics

top topics

join