It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you a Psychopath?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 03:43 AM
link   
This was sent by a mate via email to me.

Read this question, come up with an answer and then scroll down to the bottom for the
result.
This is not a trick question. It is as it reads.

No one I know has got it right.

A woman, while at the funeral of her own mother, met a guy whom she did not know. She
thought this guy was amazing. She believed him to be her dream guy so much, that she fell in
love with him right there, but never asked for his number and could not find him. A few days
later she killed her sister.

Question: What is her motive for killing her sister?

[Give this some thought before you answer then scroll down

Answer:

She was hoping the guy would appear at the funeral again. If you answered this correctly,
you think like a psychopath.

This was a test by a famous American Psychologist used to test if one has the same mentality
as a killer.

Many arrested serial killers took part in the test and answered the question correctly.

If you didn't answer the question correctly, good for you.

If you got the answer correct, please let me know so I can take you off my email list .

[edit on 3-11-2005 by Grimholt]

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 03:57 AM
link   
LOL.

Very interesting..
didn't spend a lot of time on it, but didn't get the answer either..
Maybe I should ask my wife? See how she does?

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I was thinking the same thing about showing it around to my mates at work.....but then what if one of them gets it correct ?

I'll then have to be nice I suppose

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Believe it or not the only person that got this right after I asked multiple friends and family was my own mother!! She got it right off the bat too and she isn't the type to ever guess the correct answer to riddles or logic puzzles.

I've always had my doubts about her sanity, but never thought it was that severe. Although, she is a Gemini, so perhaps she was just very in-touch with her evil twin that day. But I'm keeping an eye on her just in case!!! :-)

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Ok, don't alienate me ATS, because I dont have many friends left as it is, they all mysteriously died a while back...

In any case, I got the answer right, straight away, and I still cant think of any other possible solutions to the question. What are some of the answers you guys got? Because logically, I cant think why else she would kill her sister if we have to make a decision based purely on the information given us. Was she jealous of her sister for something unrelated to the man? We are given no info on her and therefore cannot come to such a conclusion...

Im not a psycho... really... Im not...

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
My answer was that her motive for killing her sister is because she caught her sister with the dream guy.

Then I was so angry for getting the incorrect answer that I banged my fist on the desk and I punched a hole in the wall. Nah, just kidding, I was not angry. I just scrolled down calmly to read the rest of the thread.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Oh wow, a friend of mine told me about this a year or two ago, and I've been doing it to a lot of people. Its amazing how many people actually don't have it spring to mind that she killed her to have another funeral to try to meet the guy again!

edit:
Its not the 'right' answer, there is no correct answer, its a test to see what you think is the cause of the situation and how you think. The reasoning being that a regular person would just be perplexed, by a pyschopath/lunatic would instantly think that thats a good way to operate. They'd see a connection between the cause and effect, whereas regular people'd never even consider it.

I don't know if its 'real' or not, and indeed, having the bit about 'its from a famous american psychologist', who's not named or anything, seems to smack of urban legend to me. So I snopesed around and found that it indeed is:
www.snopes.com...

I think there's a bit of validity to it tho, just because some people hit upon the 'she killed her ot meet the guy again' bit , and other people are just completely stupified and can't think why.

[edit on 3-11-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Figures that it's been snoped.

Still it will be forever freaky to one who will watch his mother with a more cautious eye

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
But I can imagine a lot of women thinking this way.

Like ufia, the first motive I thought of was revenge.

But then, I'm sort of revenge-oriented. I don't think in terms of "how can I manipulate a situation to get someone to like me?"

Instead, I think like a pirate: "You $%*&#@) troll, you got in my way!!!

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
LOL Thats really interesting, I didnt get it right though *phew* My answer was because she's crazy.
Really interesting though hehe

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I actually got it right after thinking about it for like 10 seconds.

Being able to think like a psychopath doesn't make you one IMO. I think it's a matter of reasoning and being able to put yourself in someone's shoes. I imagine detectives do that quite a bit, like to establish a motive.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I agree with amythest, this question is posed like a riddle, so naturally most people will try to figure it out. Considering there are so many intelligent people on this site I'm surprised more people didn't answer correctly. Isn't it true that most psychopaths have very high IQ's and have a tendency to lie? Ha Ha. I answered it correctly so I guess that knock at my door is the guys in the white suits for my trip to Bellevue

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I'm well after all..LOL

Thank you, it pays to test yourself everyonce in awhile.

new topics

top topics

join