It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resurrection

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by scienceguy94...that the time from when you die to the time you are ressurected you are not aware of the passage of time. Its alot like when you go to bed at night; to you it seemed like almost no time has passed. as soon as you go to sleep you wake up. So it seems that eons might pass from the time you die and the day of ressurection and it is only like a minute of time to you.
SG94,
YES! you got it right! Now do not forget it.

I wonder how God can manipulate space and time. i think that everybody gets rewarded for thier good deeds and punished for the bad. have started a new thread abotu this to work this idea out.
Remember what I stated earlier. God lives in the realm of "eternity." He is not manipulating anything here. When your dead your simply that.. dead.

Your reward is DEATH or ETERNAL LIFE. If you are in the book of life you are judged on the righteous acts only. Because all your sins have been forgotten. The wicked are already judged they are simply destroyed and rewarded eternal DEATH. They cease to exist.

[edit on 3-11-2005 by GameSetMatch]

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Let's see...

Eternity of simply worshipping the one who made me (no fun stuff allowed in Heaven)...

or ceasing to exist...

Option B please....

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Let's see...

Eternity of simply worshipping the one who made me (no fun stuff allowed in Heaven)...

or ceasing to exist...

Option B please....

Like walking around in flowing white robes in clouds?
The way I see option b is that during the beginning of the world to come which will start 1000 years after the arrival of the messiah. During this 1000 years We will seek god because knowledge will be like science is today. In my imagination heaven or the world to come would more resemble the city in star wars with crystalline buildings more than flying around with harps(my speculation). There will be no death in the world to come; not that there will be natural humans its just that we will instantly transformed into immortalwhen we pass.
Alot of our preconcieved notions of heaven are man made such as harps and praying all of the time. sounds pretty boring.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Let's face it...without strife or conflict, we as human beings would be completely bored! The idea of heaven is therefore flawed.

Think about EVERY form of entertainment...it involves conflict. Whether watching conflict in a movie, or playing a board game, or a sport, etc. Its about winners and losers. So, what happens at a baseball game in heaven? Do both teams win? Nobody bothers to think about the details of what heaven would be like...and yet they SO want to go there...

It's amazing... The human being will strive at all costs to remain alive, despite the trials and tribulations of it all...yet, strives to go to a place free of all of that conflict as well? It simply doesn't make sense. We would not survive (or be happy) in the heaven that most envision...we'd be bored out of our minds....

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Let's face it...without strife or conflict, we as human beings would be completely bored! The idea of heaven is therefore flawed.

Thats an awesome question. maybe a prophet will answer this someday.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   

The act of being bored comes out of an egoic sense of insufficiency in the present moment. When one is bored the present moment becomes a means to an end, and a strong psyhological need for the next moment is created. When one is bored one goes in search for another moment, more interesting, more stimulating, a moment that offers you more than this moment.

In heaven the ego does not exist. There is no sense of insufficiency in the present moment. The present moment is accepted, and deep peace develops.

Think about EVERY form of entertainment...it involves conflict. Whether watching conflict in a movie, or playing a board game, or a sport, etc. Its about winners and losers.

That should give us an insight into the current state of the human psyche.

So, what happens at a baseball game in heaven? Do both teams win?

To me heaven isn't a place, but a state of mind.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   

To me heaven isn't a place, but a state of mind.

Heaven in the bible refers to the sky and stars see hebrew word shmayim. What you are talking about is olam haba ; the world to come.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join