It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resurrection

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Is it true that when you die, the next thing you experience will be being alive again in a new body?

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I can't say whether or not this is true (personally, I don't believe so, but I have no evidence either way), but what you are describing is called Reincarnation This is a common theme in several Eastern religions, such as Buddhism.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by scienceguy94
Is it true that when you die, the next thing you experience will be being alive again in a new body?

Do you remember your last body??

G

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I find the run and return system to be most interesting. As well as the kabbalah like thought of we live multiple lifes to learn a lesson from each one at the end of the cycle all our memories come back to create a pure being. I still have a very difficult time imagining a life outside of duality. It seems it would be nothingness.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reincarnation is not what i meant. when you die you find yourself in your eternal resurected body. I am taking this from the bible because the bible does not say your there is a world you enter when you die. it only speaks of dying and ressurection.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The thing I want to know is:- At the end of days/ Judgement day when God judges everyone (living and dead) to see whether they go to heaven or hell. Where are the dead peoples souls kept while they're waiting for judgement? They cant be in heaven cos they need to wait and be judged.

Ressurection means to be brought back in the SAME body not another(reincarnation)

G

[edit on 3-11-2005 by shihulud]

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud
The thing I want to know is:- At the end of days/ Judgement day when God judges everyone (living and dead) to see whether they go to heaven or hell. Where are the dead peoples souls kept while they're waiting for judgement? They cant be in heaven cos they need to wait and be judged.

Ressurection means to be brought back in the SAME body not another(reincarnation)

G

[edit on 3-11-2005 by shihulud]

I think the soul sleeps. heaven is not actually where you spend eternity. It is the world to come. heavens in the bible talked about the skys and planets. jesus even talked about the kingdom of God. So when we die the next thing we see is the judgement.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   

The righteous will have already been resurrected when Christ returns. The 144,000 end time Christians the last living Christians will be transformed in a twinkling of an eye and caught up with the resurrected Christians from the past in the air with Christ. The bodies of the Christians are transformed into the body as it was intended to be. Your body will be much different than what you have today. Because the body you have come to know today is from a WORLD OF SIN. Sickness, deformity, blindness, etc... no more. Your body made new will be different, but you will know it is your body. You will be well over 12 feet tall your mind will be pure and like that of a child. You will run and travel like angels and never tier. It will be most exciting will it not. Yes? Please be apart of this.

The wicked will be resurrected after the 1000 years in their SINFUL bodies. It is not going to be pretty... satan will give one last shot and attempt to take on the New Jerusalem [NJ that descended from heaven] by force with the fallen when... End Game; Fire and Brimstone rain out from the heavens utterly destroy all the wicked and consuming death. The righteous will be able to walk out onto their ASHES! Game Over.

Game Set and Match. Winner The Lord thy God. Amen.

[edit on 3-11-2005 by GameSetMatch]

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by GameSetMatch
The righteous will have already been resurrected when Christ returns. The 144,000 end time Christians the last living Christians will be transformed in a twinkling of an eye and caught up with the resurrected Christians from the past in the air with Christ. The bodies of the Christians are transformed into the body as it was intended to be. Your body will be much different than what you have today. Because the body you have come to know today is from a WORLD OF SIN. Sickness, deformity, blindness, etc... no more. Your body made new will be different, but you will know it is your body. You will be well over 12 feet tall your mind will be pure and like that of a child. You will run and travel like angels and never tier. It will be most exciting will it not. Yes? Please be apart of this.

I think you need to take your medication now, a 12 ft new body ha ha. Sorry to tease but I thought religious beliefs were bad enough but this, where did you get this info?

The wicked will be resurrected after the 1000 years in their SINFUL bodies. It is not going to be pretty... satan will give one last shot and attempt to take on the New Jerusalem [NJ that descended from heaven] by force with the fallen when... End Game; Fire and Brimstone rain out from the heavens utterly destroy all the wicked and consuming death. The righteous will be able to walk out onto their ASHES! Game Over.

Just one thing IF this is the way things happen why doesn't Satan read the bible, get some pointers and do it all differently than what it says and WIN WIN WIN. Or does Satan not have free will?

G

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Where are the dead peoples souls kept while they're waiting for judgement? They cant be in heaven cos they need to wait and be judged.
Opps I did not even answer your question... The dead soul is nothing more than in the grave. They are nothing; their thoughts parish; They know nothing, hear nothing, see nothing, speak nothing. They cease to exist. Untill resserrection the last day for the wicked. For the righteous before the 1000 years at Christs return.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
[quoteThe righteous will have already been resurrected when Christ returns. The 144,000 end time Christians the last living Christians will be transformed in a twinkling of an eye and caught up with the resurrected Christians from the past in the air with Christ. The bodies of the Christians are transformed into the body as it was intended to be. Your body will be much different than what you have today. Because the body you have come to know today is from a WORLD OF SIN. Sickness, deformity, blindness, etc... no more. Your body made new will be different, but you will know it is your body. You will be well over 12 feet tall your mind will be pure and like that of a child. You will run and travel like angels and never tier. It will be most exciting will it not. Yes? Please be apart of this.

There is something wrong with a welfare gospel.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I think you need to take your medication now, a 12 ft new body ha ha. Sorry to tease but I thought religious beliefs were bad enough but this, where did you get this info?
Good thing; I was going to say "near 18 foot" hehe, but I thought that was a stretch for most people.
Ahhh well. Pre-flood earth people where giant. Adam and Eve where over 12 foot tall. They where huge and beautiful. They lived 900 some years. The earth as you know is much much different than the earth prior and right after sin had entered it. You or I do not know what a earth is with out sin; all we know is a earth with sin.

Just one thing IF this is the way things happen why doesn't Satan read the bible, get some pointers and do it all differently than what it says and WIN WIN WIN. Or does Satan not have free will?
satan already knows his roll he has read the Bible more times than I. Even satan must bow before God he knows he already lost. He can only do what he is permitted by God to do. Most importantly satan can not change the plan of God. (period) as for free will I do not think he has this; because he is a fallen Angel not a human being that is mere speculation.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   

satan already knows his roll he has read the Bible more times than I. Even satan must bow before God he knows he already lost. He can only do what he is permitted by God to do. Most importantly satan can not change the plan of God. (period) as for free will I do not think he has this; because he is a fallen Angel not a human being that is mere speculation.

Then why go through with it in the first place if he knows he loses?. Why must Satan bow before God when God has no jurisdiction in Hell? Why also does God have a plan when he's omniscient?.

As for huge people before the flood where is he archaeological evidence?

G

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Good thing; I was going to say "near 18 foot" hehe, but I thought that was a stretch for most people.
Ahhh well. Pre-flood earth people where giant. Adam and Eve where over 12 foot tall. They where huge and beautiful. They lived 900 some years. The earth as you know is much much different than the earth prior and right after sin had entered it. You or I do not know what a earth is with out sin; all we know is a earth with sin.

You need to reread your text more carefully please. the giants described in genesis were the offspring of the sons of god with the daughters of men. Now you can interpret sons of god to mean anything you want but the book of enoch states that these giants were evil and ate humans.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   

G

skeletons from the 1800's don't count lets see some modern evidence!

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by shihuludThen why go through with it in the first place if he knows he loses?. Why must Satan bow before God when God has no jurisdiction in Hell? Why also does God have a plan when he's omniscient?.
When you speak I see in your words that you make satan out to be an equal until God. That is not the case. There is no Hell as in a physical place that satan rules from with a pitch fork and horns. That is a doctrine of man. Hell is simply the grave. Cease of living. Only God brings/allows life.

The plan is for us to know really; We live in the realm of "time". God lives in the realm of "eternity" void of time. Forgive me I do not know how else to explain this.

I am not going to do your investigation for you; I do not think you would even beleive anything that I would show you if I could. I do not have phisical evidance at my house or nor have I ever held a bone of a giant human in my hand. Look with no fooling its easy to see you mastered logic as you know it; There comes a time when you must leave your logical perceptions and hold firm on faith.

I know how this story ends. There is no more that I can teach you if you do not want to believe. This will turn into show me show me show me... How can I?

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Anything that I say here is my belief. Actually anything anybody says here is their belief, so no one can tell you what is true or not. There is a way to go beyond this, it is called Gnosis. Gnosis is to know through direct experience. It transcends theory, dogma and belief.

When the physical body dies, your consciousness shifts from the physical body (3rd dimension) and into the astral body (5th dimension). Depending on your spiritual advancement you will either stay in the astral, or go into the causal (6th dimension). Your personality is taken away from you at death and stays in the astral decaying. It is this part, the personality, that some psychics can make contact with.

After a while you will need to get another physical vehicle in order to continue your path. You will descend from the 6th or 5th dimension and enter your physical body. Slowly you will start to lose your memories from past lives, and start to gain your personality and egos.

This cycle will continue until you get off the wheel of Samsara.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Where are the dead peoples souls kept while they're waiting for judgement?

The Catholics call it "purgatory"
Though I'm more keen on the "defending your life" bit...and going off to the "past lives pavillion".

Oddly enough, I never really bought into the idea of past lives as a kid, until persistent dreams just seemed too real....dreams in which I was someone else, at another time...and seeming more like memories than dreams... They were snippets mostly, but interesting......

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   

reincarnation is not what i meant. when you die you find yourself in your eternal resurected body. I am taking this from the bible because the bible does not say your there is a world you enter when you die. it only speaks of dying and ressurection.

Sorry I misunderstood, but I think I see what you meant, now. What I believe is that after you die, there will be a transition time where you are without a body. This time will be between the time you die and the time of the judgment. Then after you are judged, you will be resurrected, and God will put you in the place you belong (heaven or hell)

Is that closer to what you were asking?

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
yes. this what i was asking. i think that the time from when you die to the time you are ressurected you are not aware of the passage of time. Its alot like when you go to bed at night; to you it seemed like almost no time has passed. as soon as you go to sleep you wake up. So it seems that eons might pass from the time you die and the day of ressurection and it is only like a minute of time to you.
I wonder how God can manipulate space and time. i think that everybody gets rewarded for thier good deeds and punished for the bad. have started a new thread abotu this to work this idea out.

<<   2 >>

join