It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Change Solution......Let's Jump For Joy!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
There's no reason to be concerned about Climate Change and any type of cataclysmic disaster happening on Earth. Where there is a will there is a way and through the unique ingenuity of mankind's combined intellect, a solution to global climate change has been found....

World Jump Day
July 20th, 2006

www.worldjumpday.org...

Yep...the problem is solved. All that is necessary to alter earth's changing climatic condition is to "nudge" the earth just a little. By altering the earth slightly, we can effect a negating effect against the current trends which are obviously leading us towards very unfavorable environmental conditions. By participating in Jump Day, we can surely be assured of sunny days and clear, star-lit nights.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I'll got out on a limb 'pre-google' and say B.S.

Yup debunked from: straightdope.com(The Classics)

Just for fun, however--after you've been doing this job for a while you get a pretty bizarre notion of what constitutes a good time--suppose 1,000,000,000 Chinese, give or take 27,000,000, were somehow to materialize atop chairs without their having to elevate themselves thereto. And suppose they jumped off.

Having performed astonishing feats of mathematical acrobatics (requiring the entire afternoon, I might note--sometimes I can't believe the crap I spend my time on), I calculate that the resultant thud in aggregate would be the equivalent of 500 tons of TNT. Not bad, but nowhere near enough to dislocate the earth, which weighs 6 sextillion, 588 quintillion short tons. I refuse to even discuss what would happen if all the Chinese yelled at the top of their lungs.

A good read.

BTW your link isn't working for me.

join