It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 Will Remain Top Secret

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 05:03 PM
link   
President Bush has renewed the exemption for Area-51 to disclose secret projects. What really is disturbing though is that the order exempts the base from disclosing how it disposes of toxic materials. The article sites a lawsuit against the US government that 2 people died allegedly from exposure to hazardous materials.

In their 1994 lawsuits, Frost and Kasza alleged that their husbands were exposed to hazardous and toxic materials while working at Groom Lake, which sits along a dry lake bed in Lincoln County, about 90 miles north of Las Vegas. The area is in a no-fly zone and closed to the public.

www.ktvu.com...

[Edited on 9-18-2003 by William One Sac]

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 05:12 PM
link   
What's great is the fact the USAF still denies the existence of Area 51.

Some of those "chemicals" probably don't even exist yet.
Bush is probably designing his own new chemical arsenal.
I find it ironic that to have access to Area 51 you must have the President's permission, yet, the President himself cannot go.

Just thoughts,
- Tassadar

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 06:21 PM
link   
The prez can't go to area 51? I thought he was the boss of that place.....

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I thought the government finally had to acknowledge the existance of Area 51 during the court case of the former employees that sued because of improper toxic materials handling. (sorry for the run-on.) at any rate, that just sucks. I can understand they need to develop top-secret stuff somewhere. fine. but don't endanger your employees and the environment by not following the same standards that every other producer of toxic chemicals must follow.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The government has acknowledged the existence of the Groom Lake installation but has not disclosed what it does at the facility.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 01:37 AM
link   
How can they keep evidence from the case? If any one works for a newspaper please write an article up about this. The people need to know.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I work with some of the people who investigated this claim for the AF. While they are NOT going to go on record to say so, the general feeling I get on this is that the widows claims are 100% justified. Although there have been improvements on PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) at Area 51, it is still a rather hazardous place due to the exotic natures of the materials that they work with.

It is rumored that the AF is now collecting semen samples from people who work in this area, and recommending that workers recieve vasectomies after working there to reduce the chances of birth defects. (I have no way of confirming this, but heard it from a very interesting source)

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Thats VERY interesting. If one refuses, how could either party argue it in court? I would lean towards it not getting that far though.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The government did make the mistake though claiming the base didn't exist before the court hearing. On the other hand if they claimed it did exist and said publicly we need the secrecy and security they wouldn't have half the interest in the base that they have now.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I still think that Area 51 is a "fake" secret base..
Oh I know it's there and it's real.. but I think it's just there to keep the peoples attention on it, so that they don't focus on the real secret bases

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by EWom
I still think that Area 51 is a "fake" secret base..
Oh I know it's there and it's real.. but I think it's just there to keep the peoples attention on it, so that they don't focus on the real secret bases

yeah, i agree with that

at a time, it may have been a secret base, but after it started attracting attention to it, they probably moved everything to another base.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 11:30 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Not suprising, Remember the base at Groom Lake has alwase been Top Secret. It is my understanding that Area 51 was created to hide the Dreamland base at Groom Lake. You can see Area 51, it starts at the sign that says: Use of Deadly Force is Authorized. It's the Dreamland Base that the US government is trying to hide.

Tim

Ace

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 01:21 PM
link   
someone enlighten me
the base excists for how long now ??!!
why wasnt there ever a attack planned on it by a country which the USA is at war with like Iraq

new topics

top topics

join