It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran inaugurates turbo-prop engines factory for aircraft (pictures)

page: 1

join
share:
NR

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Those engines seem to be for Ir.an-140 and other types of jet aircrafts. Some good pics and worth checking out.

[edit on 2-11-2005 by NR]

NR

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Pics updates, so what do you guys think of us building our own jet engines? sure we may not be as advanced as those from U.S or UK but atleast were trying and getting better at it each time.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The real innovators were the British and the Germans. They both created jet engines from scratch at about the same time. The Soviet got the engine for the Mig-15 from Britain and the United States also got engines from Britain. Both countries got technology from the Germans. The Iranians more than likely copied Russian, Chinese, and American designs.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by NR
Pics updates, so what do you guys think of us building our own jet engines? sure we may not be as advanced as those from U.S or UK but atleast were trying and getting better at it each time.

I thought you said they were turboprop...which is it prop or jet?

As for the engine...its alright.

Ya know, I kinda wonder what position Russia will be in in 20 or so years...Since they make much of there money from selling there Aircraft to virually any country with money, since it seems like the majority of the nations it sells its stuff to are taking it and basically reverse engineering it, and making there own so they are more self sufficient, but within a little over a decade they will no longer have much interest in Russia's aircraft because they all can make there own. right?

oh, BTW...The way Iran is currently acting I'm not sure theres much point for R&D, they should be quickley buying as much military aircraft as possible...if they keep up there attitude that is.

NR

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   

One of them were for airline planes and for Ir.an-140 which serves as our AWACS.

oh, BTW...The way Iran is currently acting I'm not sure theres much point for R&D, they should be quickley buying as much military aircraft as possible...if they keep up there attitude that is.

I think were going to buy more russian aircrafts this year most likely Sukhois which we are very interested in Su-27. But working on R&D is also important for future outcomes and with Shafagh coming out within 2 years.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by NR

Great! Your science and engineering, and industry in general, seem to be doing good stuff.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by NR

One of them were for airline planes and for Ir.an-140 which serves as our AWACS.

I think were going to buy more russian aircrafts this year most likely Sukhois which we are very interested in Su-27. But working on R&D is also important for future outcomes and with Shafagh coming out within 2 years.

prop or jet? I wasn't asking what aircraft there gonna go on.

Also...My second statment basically meant that you will likely be in a war within a couple years.

NR

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   

My second statment basically meant that you will likely be in a war within a couple years.

oh so you changed it within months to years now?
another one of your dreams. Go back to sleep now....

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I agree. I think if things continue this way, Im sure theyll be facing cruise missiles very soon...

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Congrats on your new factory!

There is one small problem though, they are not "jet engines" as we think of them now.
Conventional jet engines produce thrust from burning gas's, these gas's shoot out the back of the engine very fast, causing a forward thrust. They are fast, powerful, but not very fuel efficient.

A turbo prop engine has what is "like" a jet engine, but the power produced is used to turn a shaft which in turn, turn a propeller. One can identify these by the blades of the prop being narrower than "regular" prop engine props. Also, typically, they have more blades.

It's claim to fame is good power and more efficient fuel use-especially at cruising speeds-around 500mph.

Here is a link explaining jet engines, turbo jets, and turbo prop engines:

inventors.about.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by NROne of them were for airline planes and for Ir.an-140 which serves as our AWACS.

Pray, you tell me where the radar for the "Iranian AWACS" that you speak of is sourced from ?

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Interesting pictures. What is the capacity of this factory and will they be looking toward the export market? Where are they at and are they offering tours? Any idea if Iran is going to enter the passenger aircraft market?

Sep

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
Interesting pictures. What is the capacity of this factory and will they be looking toward the export market? Where are they at and are they offering tours? Any idea if Iran is going to enter the passenger aircraft market?

The plan currently according to what I read is that there is going to be 1,200 engines produced in the next "few years". These are going to be put on 80 models of Iran-140, a civilian aircraft which carries 52 passengers (there have been plans for AWACs but I haven’t seen anything specific just yet). Sudan has ordered a few aircrafts already, off the top of my head and other neighbouring countries with small budgets looking for small aircraft may also be interested.

[edit on 5-11-2005 by Sep]

NR

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
These engines will also make our production of our own cobra attack helos in fast rate. Its too bad we dont have the AWACS versian of Ir.an-140 out yet but i know for sure our navy will be getting alot of those.

[edit on 5-11-2005 by NR]

Mod edit: English please.

[edit on 5-11-2005 by intrepid]

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by NR

A very good idea my friend... the engine doesn't look special, but does it have to...??? It's basic, and doesn't it always feel better to fly with your own engine... "Made in Iran"...
besides it will get cheaper on the longer run... The spare parts are also easier to get...

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
HAHAHA, yeah very nice work with Iran, they're on their way to entering the Global market for engines.

Also, what I was just laughing at Russian engines. Remember, on most Large Russian aircraft, they have to stay in place for about 2 mins with engines at full power before takeoff, just to make sure that the Engines can handle full power.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
Also, what I was just laughing at Russian engines. Remember, on most Large Russian aircraft, they have to stay in place for about 2 mins with engines at full power before takeoff, just to make sure that the Engines can handle full power.

Shattered OUT...

I thought the reason for the full power runup was to make sure that the engines stayed in place. By that I mean attached to the aircraft.

I am not a big fan of Iran, but I wouldn't mind seeing them get a nice piece of the smaller airline and cargo aircraft market. History has shown that once countries start trading on the world market they tend to stabilize politically. This would be a good thing.

top topics

join