It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychedelic swirls and other strange details

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Recently ive been spending nights lying in bed thinking about how my brain works and thinking about all the odd little details which are usually to fast or obscure to pick out. Ill admit im usually stoned when im in this state of mind but ive been practicing it completely sober. I realized the more I think about how my mind works, the more im able to understand it and the more im able to use it.

Lately the practice has been paying off. After lying in bed for hours just staring at the walls and picking out all the unusual details ive discovered a technique to slow everything down so I can see all the details in my visual field clearly. Heres a list of all the odd details I pick out which were previously too obscure to concentrate on and describe.

1.) Psychedelic swirls (the only name I find appropriate for them) - The reason I list these first is because they are the most vivid and I find them the most interesting. For a long time especially when im stoned I see these circular psychedelic swirly things in the corner of my eye. They are multicolored and pleasing to the eye. At first I could only see them with my peripheral vision but after practicing I can see them head on and clearly.

The way they fade in and fade out is extremely interesting. Its like some sort of portal. When they are visible they are never static. They are always moving, its like they are spinning in circles but their movement is alot more advanced than just spinning. In a matter of miliseconds they disappear. These things never move from one place to another, they just appear and disappear in the same position they appeared in. They always seem to last the same length of time too. Unlike the dots and shadows I see these in daylight more often than darkness.

2.) Tiny colorful dots - These appear the most, they appear like the swirls but unlike the swirls their duration varies and the move from one place to another. These things are one color but appear in different colors. Most commonly I see blue ones but ive also seen red and green. These are the easier than swirls to concentrate on because they appear the most.

The swirls only seem to appear when im not expecting them but the dots appear so often they appear alot when im thinking about them so I have the reflexes to concentrate on them. Mostly the dots appear in my peripheral vision but sometimes they appear right in front of me. I noticed some of them are static appear and quickly dissapear in the same spot they appeared in.
Others move from one place in the room to another then disappear. The dots are also pleasing to the eye. Its like looking shining a laser pointer on the wall but the dots are alot smaller and even the red ones arent the same kind of red as your average laser pointer. Plus these dots appear in mid air, they dont need to be on a wall to be visible.

The more I practice and concentrate on these things the more I see them, Im able to see these things when im completely sober, although smoking weed intensifies them and I can see alot more of them.

3.) Shadow smears - Last but not least are the shadow smears. These are like shadows that move across the room but like the dots they dont need a wall to cast themselves onto. The first time I saw these I was sure there was a ghost in the room. These appear alot more than the swirls but not as often as the dots. The reason I saw they look like shadows is because they usually come in black but ive seen white ones too. Its very hard to visualise a white shadow until youve seen it for yourself.

But like I saw they arent really shadows because shadows need a wall or something material to cast themselves on. These things appear in mid air. These things vary in size, they are usually fairly long, about a foot long. They are enormous compaired to the dots and swirls. They are also completely uncomparable to the dots and swirls because they are not psychedelic colors they are more like shadows and they dont just move in straight lines like the dots, they have unpredictable ways of moving. If I caught one of these things on camera, people would say its a ghost. These only appear in the dark, ive never seen them in the daylight or artificial light for that matter. I think they are there all the time but our perceptions are heightened in the darkness.

They are three of the unusual details I pick out in my field of vision. Obviously these things are not physical but they are physical enough for me to view with my field of vision.

Ive been practicing calming my mind and observing everything that occurs in my field of vision for about a month now and things are getting more intense by the day. Im starting to see things I never knew where there before. Also im realizing that certain things I would have classified as hallucinations are just as real as you and me.

On a more disturbing note im starting to hear voices too but not very pleasant ones. Usually I dont hear the same voice twice in a row but one voice comes back and its pretty scare sometimes. It scared the crap outta me the first time because it sounded so real. It was like the voice of a woman whispering. This voice always seems to come from the far left corner of the room, somebody that didnt know would think there was actually someone in the room.

Other times its random mens voices and very rarely womens voices. With practice ive started to make out what the voices are saying. Sometimes the sentences are put together in a mixed up way and make no sense at all but the short ones with not many words are understandable. Ive realized alot at least 50% of the time the sentences relate to what im thinking about. The disturbing think about all this is sometimes I hear words that I dont even understand and when I look them up in the dictionary I realize they relate to what I was thinking about. When I understand the sentences I realize, nearly all of them seem to be negative or neutral towards me. A few times ive heard sentences complimenting me or expressing respect towards me though. In these cases I send thoughts of respect back just incase there are actually entities communicating with me. The negative ones seem to taunt me or try to trick me. As disturbing as that sounds I find it more amusing than scary. I dont know where these voices are coming from but I get the impression they pose no threat to me.

I cant think of any sentences at the moment but im going to start writing them down.

Im posting this to share my experiences with the rest of you. If you are interested in what I am saying and want to experience, to start off id suggest lie in bed concentrating on every little thing in your field of vision. With practice you will be able to do it completely sober.

Personally I dont know anybody that can percieve these things to the extent I do. Alot of people tell me they see the dots and shadows from time to time but never as extreme as im describing.

Are these signs of extra sensory perception or am I just going insane? I know the answer myself but id like to hear other peoples opinions on this.

removed drug reference

[edit on 2-11-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Im going to make drawing of all these things. Ill describe the sizes to put them in proportion for you.

The swirls are usually the size and shape of a large coin about 3 times the size or a US quarter.

The dots are alot smaller about a quarter of the size of a laser pointer dot.

The shadows vary too much to describe the size. They also seem to morph.

I think I should add at the time of writing this I just spotted some small dark shadows moving from side to side in my lower right peripheral vision. Also I said before I never see them in artificial light, well I just did.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Funnily enough, it seems just writing this post has intensified my perceptions of these things. Im completely sober right now and im seeing it almost as clearly as if I was stoned. Maybe putting it into words made it register in my subconscious.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Heres another few details I forgot to mention, they come to mind because I can see them right now. Ill remind you im completely sober right now, I havent even drank in a week.

4.) Static - I always see static when im stoned, I see it on every physical object. Its not unlike the static you see on a TV screen thats not tuned into a channel, the only difference is the color. On a TV the static is gray, this static is more bluish purple. Its interesting because it makes to world look 2 dimensional. It joins the objects together and makes everything look flat. When looking at the world with static its as if im looking at a television screen. The static makes it look like im looking at a 2 dimensional world but I have the impression its 3D.

5.) Energy waves - I can also see energy waves flowing through my field of vision. Every object seems to give off an energy wave. If youve ever looked at the carbonmonoxide coming out of a car exhaust pipe or heat rising from the ground, thats what it looks like but unlike heat and gas it doesnt just rise. It flows in all directions.

Im pretty sure this is extra sensory perception. Im very careful about who I talk about this too seeing as many people have been labeled schizofrenic and thrown in the looney bin for talking about similar things.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I have also seen things when i've been stoned...but tbh mentioning that has kinda debunked your story m8, sorry.
Drugs and seeing lights and stuff don't mix to prove paranormal activities

Could i be remote viewing. LoL i doubt it

No doubt man u are defo seeing these things, but what they are remains in my judgment as a kinda mystery

Shamans and other tribes 4 centuries have used drugs in order to contact and connect with higher entities, so no doubt there are traces in history of these things happening. Some say some drugs open parts of your brain up to be able to see these things. Then the sceptic will of course say hes tripping and hallucinating ! So tbh it's a hard one to call

removed drug reference

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
You missed what I was trying to say. Yes it was the weed that opened me up to this but I stated that after practicing enough im able to see it when im completely sober.

Heres something for the skeptics to ponder on. If all of the above mentioned is just my imagination, why is it when I listen to the sentences from these voices I hear words which I never understood and when I look them up in the dictionary they relate to what im thinking about. Maybe my subconscious knows the meanings of the words and echos them in my mind in relations to my thoughts, if thats the case im just as interested because that would mean ive found an alternative method of communicating with my subconscious. Im not trying to prove anything here, im simply sharing my experiences with the rest of you.

Im not gonna hide anything, I admit ive taken almost every hallucinogenic substance known to man. Psilocybin, mescaline, salvia, '___', ive dont everything except for '___' and Ayahuasca but never have I been able to see anything that I saw while under the influence of these substances when im completely sober. It took weeks of practice to accomplish this. Its been at least a month since ive smoked any weed, the THC has completely left my system so theres no chemicals influencing my perception of these things.

What you said in my opinion is completely true. These substances open up your mind to things which are unpercievable in your normal state of mind.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Arawn,
Funny you should say that, I remember as a kid I used to press my hands against my eyeballs to see the psychedelic colors and almost every time at one point or another it formed images of volcanoes and other things and no I dont think I was remote viewing either.

[edit on 2-11-2005 by drinkinlikeafish]
removed drug reference

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Interesting. I look forward to the pictures of these things you see.

Even more so, however, I'm interested in the hearing voices part!!! I've always wondered about people who hear voices, so if you don't mind I'd like to ask some questions.

When you hear them, is it the same as hearing a real voice??? Or is it just more of like an internal dialog but from unknown origin???

If it is like a real voice or sound like any other would it be possible for them to actually make so much noise as to keep you from hearing other people actually talking to you or are real voices and sounds always able to be heard and recognized as different???

I get the impression that what you're doing is stimulating a psychadelic experience naturally within yourself using your method of meditation.

removed drug reference

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Interesting. I look forward to the pictures of these things you see.

Im gonna start working on them once I have time. Its impossible to draw a picture that resembles these things exactly because they are not just colors, they are more like lasers. The reason I describe them as lasers and not lights is because lights give off a sort of radiation, these are like concentrated lights that dont spread out.

Even more so, however, I'm interested in the hearing voices part!!! I've always wondered about people who hear voices, so if you don't mind I'd like to ask some questions.

Your questions are welcome. I cant talk about this much to your average person, when I do they listen but they always say the same thing: "Dont tell this to anybody else, theyll think your schizofrenic".

When you hear them, is it the same as hearing a real voice??? Or is it just more of like an internal dialog but from unknown origin???

At least 90% of the time its like an internal dialog but the voice that sounds like a woman whispering actually sounds like somebody in the room. Its scared the living crap out of me the first time I heard it. Aswell it always seems to come from the same corner of the room for some reason.

If it is like a real voice or sound like any other would it be possible for them to actually make so much noise as to keep you from hearing other people actually talking to you or are real voices and sounds always able to be heard and recognized as different???

Its hard to say because I only seem to hear them when im lying in bed at night so I dont hear real voices on top of them. I can tell you though the voice of the woman whispering sounds so real I get chills up my spine every time I hear it. Unfortunately I havent been able to make any sense of it. I cant even pick out words from it.

I get the impression that what you're doing is stimulating a psychadelic experience naturally within yourself using your method of meditation.

Thats the impression I have too. I see the brain like a labyrinthe of tunnels, most of these tunnels are blocked off but when you practice you can unblock the tunnels.

edit on 2-11-2005 by drinkinlikeafish]

removed drug reference

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   

16.) Discussion of illegal activities such as drug use, drug paraphernalia, hacking, etc. are strictly forbidden.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

First and only warning.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

16.) Discussion of illegal activities such as drug use, drug paraphernalia, hacking, etc. are strictly forbidden.

First and only warning.

Aren't about 90% of the topics discussed here about some illegal activity???

Among those, aren't a significant number of them dealing with Drugs and their effects to people who take them??? As well as their possible role in human history???

I only say this because we aren't advocating anyone take them, in fact just the opposite. All other references have also been done so only for reasons of background information or to more clearly explain the situation at hand.

Here's a good example of what I mean.
Tryptamines and God

EDIT: I won't even bother listing any topics that talk about illegal activities since I think that should be quite obvious.

[edit on 2-11-2005 by mOjOm]

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
This really isn't open for debate. If you want the topic to stay here, all references to drug usage will stop.

I don't know where you're reading, but 90% of the topics do NOT deal with illegal activites. :shk:

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I don't know where you're reading, but 90% of the topics do NOT deal with illegal activites. :shk:

Topics about Torture. Topics about Enron scandals, tax evasion, War Crimes, Terrorism, Murder, Rigged Voting, Illegal War, etc. etc.... All those activities are indeed illegal are they not???

I mean this is a conspiracy forum, which by definition practically makes everything said here a "Disscussion about illegal activities" does it not???

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm

Topics about Torture. Topics about Enron scandals, tax evasion, War Crimes, Terrorism, Murder, Rigged Voting, Illegal War, etc. etc.... All those activities are indeed illegal are they not???

I mean this is a conspiracy forum, which by definition practically makes everything said here a "Disscussion about illegal activities" does it not???

I have to support you on this one mOjOm. This thread is about the things this guy is seeing, it isn't promoting druge use. I don't see any problem or policy violation with this thread.

To the original poster, have you been to a doc to discount any possible physical/mental disorders? This isn't a stab at you, it's just that in cases like this it usually boils down to some sort of disorder

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I agree with mOJOm, they are trying to determine if this guy is being affected by the drugs or not.
Sometime ago I bought a Paranormal investigators book (very expensive here) and the author says that if you take drugs like '___' or extasis you can have "gifts" like psychic people but temporalry. The problem is that they destroy your mind and you can get crazy with this.
In my opinion (and please drinkinglikefish, dont get offended, I did it myself before I was conviced that I had some hability on this), you have to go to your doctor, ask for a full check (if you can affor it of course, I know medicine is very expensive in some countries). Then after the doctors say "you are just fine!" go find a psychologue form a trascendental school, those guys normally knows lots about many schools and also help indigo children and the sort of paranormal things. They can help you, perhaps you have some sort of paranoia (the voices in your head) that could have been trigger by the drugs or alcohol and you dont know For example, I hear a voice on my head but is my own mind wich always want to "chat", its part of my personality and it shutups when I want
Get it? I also thought that I had paranoid when I started with all the paranormal activity recently (specially for my stress)
Hope you can figure out your problem..

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   

This really isn't open for debate. If you want the topic to stay here, all references to drug usage will stop.

Okay let's see if I can respond to this without mentioning.....them. I have never done.......them, not in my entire life, but I can still see some of the stuff you are talking about. Mostly when I close my eyes and think of nothing or try to astral project, I will see swirls of light and color, etc. They say that first you see just the light and shadow, and as you get more advanced in.. whatever, you will start to see colors too.

You might want to check out "When I close my eyes..." and "Anyone else see.."

So I have never personally used any......substances. I've never even smoked, and have never drank alcohol to the point of being drunk even. But if you close your eyes and just stop for a minute, you might see some of the stuff drinkinlikeafish has mentioned here.

Although I have also had a few friends who have used...... substances. And I feel pretty confident to say that it does seem to unlock something. Maybe not psychic powers as much as mental disorders. Like I know one person that says they hear voices and even see ET (Yes, ET from the movie) whilst completely sober. So yeah, I don't know what it is exactly, but there is some sort of Pandora's Box opening that...... substance use..... initiates

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
at Yarcofin! This reminds me of Harry Potter and... 'You Know Who'.

drinkinlikeafish; I think you have been doing You Know What far too much and probably for far too long. The only thing I could personally relate to your experience is the colours and swirls I get when rubbing my eyes, also, it could have something to do with those little amoeba or whatever that float around in the liguid film across your eyes that can often be seen.

Sometimes when I stare and concentrate on an object across a room for something like 10-20 minutes, the room feels as though it is thinning out, or being squashed towards me and I feel I could reach out and touch whatever object I was staring at even though it is some distance away. Perhaps your experience is something similar, except you see colours and stuff instead of a squashed room.

Im sure the mind can do funny things when it is asked to concentrate on something seemingly meaningles for an extended period of time; gets bored and starts messing with you

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   

In my opinion (and please drinkinglikefish, dont get offended, I did it myself before I was conviced that I had some hability on this), you have to go to your doctor, ask for a full check (if you can affor it of course, I know medicine is very expensive in some countries).

I could go to a doctor but whats the point? The doctor cant see through my eyes, although it would be interesting to hear the doctors response to what im describing. Like you said healthcare is expensive, I know a doctor though ill ask him about it.

go find a psychologue form a trascendental school, those guys normally knows lots about many schools and also help indigo children and the sort of paranormal things.

I wouldnt know where to start finding somebody like that. I suppose I could look on the internet for one in my area.

They can help you, perhaps you have some sort of paranoia (the voices in your head) that could have been trigger by the drugs or alcohol and you dont know For example, I hear a voice on my head but is my own mind wich always want to "chat", its part of my personality and it shutups when I want Get it?

Paranoia is percieving things you dont want to percieve, like things that are out to get you. For example a paranoid person on the run from the cops will see police everywhere, think helicopters flying overhead are after them. Paranoid person scared of rats will see rats everywhere etc. Its as if their fear manifests in their minds. In my case I dont see any of this as a problem, in fact I welcome it, the way I see it is its better to have it and be able to study it than to not have it and not have the chance to study it. Plus ive never been scared of hearing voices or seeing psychedelic swirls or shadows or anything like that so I have a hard time classifying it as paranoia.

I also thought that I had paranoid when I started with all the paranormal activity recently (specially for my stress)

Thats another statement that rules out what your describing. I can only really get into this state of mind when im completely relaxed free of thought and stress.

Hope you can figure out your problem..

Thanks for your concern but I see this as anything but a problem. Like I said its better to have it than not have it. It doesnt interfere with my daily life, on the contrary it livens my visual field up. Makes everything look a little more interesting. I see this as a gift more than a problem.

Heres an example, say somebody can see recently deceased people, alot of people might say thats a problem but I see it as a gift, if its negatively affecting just ignore it but sooner or later it will come in extremely useful, especially if you need to communicate with a dead relative or whatever.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Mostly when I close my eyes and think of nothing or try to astral project, I will see swirls of light and color, etc. They say that first you see just the light and shadow, and as you get more advanced in.. whatever, you will start to see colors too.

Thats exactly what im talking about although I mostly see this stuff with my eyes open. When I close my eyes patterns of what I saw during the day and other things emerge.

You might want to check out "When I close my eyes..." and "Anyone else see.."

Thanks for the links, the second one "Anyone else see.." is describing the static im talking about. That post backs up my opinion on it. In my opinion these things always there, they are part of this universe only most people cant percieve them in their normal state of mind.

Although I have also had a few friends who have used...... substances. And I feel pretty confident to say that it does seem to unlock something. Maybe not psychic powers as much as mental disorders. Like I know one person that says they hear voices and even see ET (Yes, ET from the movie) whilst completely sober. So yeah, I don't know what it is exactly, but there is some sort of Pandora's Box opening that...... substance use..... initiates

These substances definately do seem to unlock something, what I dont know exactly. Drugs affect different people in different ways. I was lying in bed staring at the ceiling and all of a sudden I was being flooded with religious imagery. I cant remember it clearly enough to describe what it was but I remember it was all completely religious. It was full of stain glass windows with jesus on them and the kinds of things youd see in the catholic church. I couldnt understand it because I havent gone to mass since I was about 10. My subconscious randomly spat out all this religious imagery. It was like a 2 dimensional hologram floating over me.

Mod edit: removed drug references.

[edit on 3-11-2005 by sanctum]

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   

drinkinlikeafish; I think you have been doing You Know What far too much and probably for far too long.

No offence but I can tell that statement is obviously coming somebody whos inexperienced and unknowledgable about what theyre talking about. The reason I say that is because even somebody who has only been using "You Know What" for a few weeks can use it to alter his normal state of consciousness.

The only thing I could personally relate to your experience is the colours and swirls I get when rubbing my eyes, also, it could have something to do with those little amoeba or whatever that float around in the liguid film across your eyes that can often be seen.

Pressing your eyes will give you an excellent example of how vivid these things are but it cant give you an example of how they manifest and move. Plus what im talking about appear, disappear and move around the room independant of what im doing.

Sometimes when I stare and concentrate on an object across a room for something like 10-20 minutes, the room feels as though it is thinning out, or being squashed towards me and I feel I could reach out and touch whatever object I was staring at even though it is some distance away. Perhaps your experience is something similar, except you see colours and stuff instead of a squashed room.

I can relate to what your saying but its nothing in comparison to what im describing. When I stare at an object for extended periods of time things around it become slightly blurred and it looks like an optical illusion. It seems to be caused by the eyes becoming tired.

Im sure the mind can do funny things when it is asked to concentrate on something seemingly meaningles for an extended period of time; gets bored and starts messing with you

You missed the point, I dont just stare at nothing and hope for something to appear. I concentrate on all the really quick and obscure details that are always there only they are almost unpercievable at first. When you practice you learn to slow these things down or speed your mind up so your can concentrate on them and observe them.

Note to sanctum - I cant fully describe what im talking about without making references to substances. Im not advocating the use of them im just explaining how I got into the state of mind that allowed me to see these things.
[edit on 3-11-2005 by sanctum]

[edit on 3-11-2005 by drinkinlikeafish]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join