It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The White House; A War Time Bunker?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
www.capitolhillblue.com...

capitolhillblue.com
Senior aides describe Bush as increasingly “edgy” or “nervous” or “unfocused.” They say the President goes from apparent coherent thought one moment to aimless rambles about political enemies and those who are “out to get me.”

“It’s worse than the days when Ronald Reagan’s Alzheimer’s began setting in,” one longtime GOP operative told me privately this week. “You don’t know if he’s going to be coherent from one moment to the next. What scares me is if he lapses into one of those fogs during a public appearance.”

Aides say Bush, who has always had trouble focusing during times of stress, is increasingly distant during meetings, often staring off into space during discussions on the nation’s security and other issues.

Card has responded to the crisis by cutting back on the number of staff members with direct access to the President and jumping in to answer questions when Bush’s mind wanders.

“Some people say Karl Rove is ‘Bush’s brain,’” says one increasingly-concerned West Winger. “Well Andy has become the President’s voice. He’s there to speak when the President seems unable to find form an answer.”

Bush’s mental state is a hot topic on Internet blogs and has increased since this web site disclosed last year that the White House physician had placed the President on anti-depressant medication – a story the administration never denied. Others, including prominent psychiatrists like Dr. Justin Frank of George Washington University, wonder if Bush, an admitted heavy drinker who claims he quit without any professional help, is hitting the bottle again.

An increasing number of mainstream media outlets, including Newsweek, The Washington Post and the New York Daily News recently confirmed our earlier reports about Bush’s temper tantrums.-

But who can blame him? Really, if i had so much on my plate i'd be acting just like him.

Is this worth being president? I'd have to pass.

Mod Edit: Fixed Link, Quote Tags.

[edit on 3/11/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
www.capitolhillblue.com...

Sorry,
here is the link...

See? I can get that way too...

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Funny Dg that you bring the issue, Bush should no be afraid that somebody is out to get him is obvious that the one they want is Cheney and Rove

We all know Bush is turning into a nut case.

[edit on 2-11-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I love your Avatar, Marg.

Really, who wouldnt be frantic? Did you read the entire article? I guess he's been using lots of profanity y alcol.

They couldnt pay me enough to work there....

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Thanks Dg I like yours too, you know Bush has been all alone the sitting duck in the white house is so obvious now that is not joke.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
What's the cause of his lapses,just stress,Id imagine he could have some good drug prescriptions from White House docs,maybe's he's back on the bottle if he was really off.

Ive watched a speech of his to a private group and he was lisping and slurring words and just looked half there.You are right though with his full plate id be hittin it pretty hard.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I have no insider info here.
But, judging from IRL people I know, I can say stress alone can cause all the things that seem to be affecting W.
Not everyone is equipped to handle stress well.
I also think if he were drinking again, he'd have even less of a grip on things than he has.
He probably knows he's in over his head, and that adds to his stress.

Like dg said, I wouldn't want that much stress for anything in this life

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Well yeah,i cant disagree,im not really sure how the guy sleeps at night and i dont say that as a shot against him.I was thinking along the lines of a prescription to settle nerves or mild sedatives for sleeping might cause similiar symptoms.

He sure does seem to fall alot as well and choke on pretzels and smash his face on coffee tables etc but that could be excuses to cover up for the bruises from Laura putting him to sleep with left hooks.

[edit on 3-11-2005 by jimstradamus]

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I dont know why i cant edit in a picture without it deleting the rest of the post but anytime i see this picture i smile inside.

new topics

top topics

join