It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No military action against Iran by UK and U.S

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
NR

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
oh yeah were gonna get attacked this year or soon enough but sorry to ruin your little fun there will be no military action against us and the bush lovers are crying their pants off right now and we all know which members they are on ATS

Blair rules out military action against Iran.

The UK foreign secretary says military action is still inconceivable against Iran and he hopes diplomacy can solve deadlock over its nuclear programme.

US military action against Iran "not on agenda"

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Yeah, you can say that now, but just wait until Israel attacks Iran.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
If you know history, you'll know that its rather common for the leaders of the US and recently also the UK to say that they won't attack another country. Its done to keep the people happy.

What happens then is that a cataclysmic event happens(Pearl Harbour, 9/11, ...) and then they have an excuse to attack.

They are probably going to wait untill Israel starts a full fledged war with Iran or somehow Iran gets tricked into attacking Israel or maybe even iraq.

[edit on 2/11/05 by thematrix]

NR

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs
Yeah, you can say that now, but just wait until Israel attacks Iran.

hmm i seem to be smelling some things that can also beat Israel itself. *cough* Shahab-3B, Fateh-A110, NAZEAT6 , NAZEAT10, Zelzal 2,

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by NR
the bush lovers are crying their pants off right now and we all know which members they are on ATS

Uhmmm, that would be the guys with no pants on right?

Let's not leap for joy yet. I don't expect that the decision makers would tip their hands completely and let us in on all their plans. As metionioned above, the real wild card has yet to be played. Let's just wait and see what happens with Israel for now. That's sort of off the radar since it was leaked out that Iran's uranium enrichment capabilities were poor at best.

NR

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Tell me what can Israel do? you expect a country small as palestine with 6mill people be able to do one damage to us?

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I don't know, go as Iraq what Israel likes to do to nuclear reactors of neighboring countries. They like to call it "Kicking things off at the reacator".

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
The President of the United States said that diplomacy was the first course of action for Iraq, he also said that he did not intend to nation build. We all have witnessed recent history and know the opposite is true.

Its hard to say what the USA will do, but I would never put it past them to attack Iran with our without any provocation.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
There can be no major military action because the US army is tied up in Iraq. The only thing that can really be done is massive airstrikes, and they give no guarantee of success.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Thank god they postponed the nuclear winter for a while.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
By the way I like the avatar NR.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NR
Tell me what can Israel do? you expect a country small as palestine with 6mill people be able to do one damage to us?

Isreal has a better military then Iran, plain and simple. They probably have the best military man for man in the world. They also have US equipment which is far superior to anything in Irans arsenal. So you have a Shahab 3? So what? Isreal has nuclear weapons...RIGHT NOW.

NR, to borrow a phrase from the movie Top Gun, "your mouth is wrighting checks that Iran can't cash."

Iran would be taken by Isreal, much less the US.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Isreal wont be laughing after Iran drops a nuke on them, Iran wont be laughing when the U.S drops a nuke on them, the world wont be laughing when North Korea goes on a power trip and nukes the planet. The future generations wont be laughing when theyre born with three nipples, no eyes, arms for legs and feet growing out of their foreheads.

The moral of the post, the only thing Isreal will gain by attacking Iran is a nuclear apocalypse. I think I can speak for the rest of us by saying there are more environmentally friendly ways of solving problems between countries.

Soon enough humans are going to have to pull their heads outta their asses and see the big picture. War only contributes to the destruction of this planet and every living organism on it.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by drinkinlikeafish
The moral of the post, the only thing Isreal will gain by attacking Iran is a nuclear apocalypse. I think I can speak for the rest of us by saying there are more environmentally friendly ways of solving problems between countries.

Except that Iran doesn't have nukes...yet.

So the moral of the story is false.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Any country striking another first with nuclear weapons loses all its friends, allies and prospect of any support the world over (except for the war-perv nutter crowd) and brings a whole heap of serious trouble on itself.

If Israel were to strike Iran with a nuclear weapon on the basis of the current mere suggestion and rumour I would expect the world would not lift a finger when the Pakistanis subsequently just supplied Iran with a retaliatory capability.
......and, as a multi-million murderous state, she would be getting only what she deserved.

Similarly if Iran were to strike Israel with a nuclear weapon she would end up standing alone as the world watched her agony in the inevitable retaliation.

This whole scenario is simply absurd.
It isn't going to happen.
No one is going to 'nuke' anyone.

(and yes, Iran doesn't have 'the bomb' and by the best and most recent US estimate is at least 10yrs off of having one even if they are trying to get one.
Funnily enough Israel's existant nuclear bombs are to be utterly ignored in this and are just great in some folks eyes. )

[edit on 2-11-2005 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
NR,

Not on agenda means not right now......My main man G W Bush has a saying of his own.......and we have all heard it before...."all options remain on the table" or "I am not taking any options off the table"

and BTW

one country i would hate to fight would be Israel.....they have virtually everything we (the US) have. and the smaller the dog the bigger the bark.

sminkey pinkey.......i am anti EU.....so i love your avatar!!

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by NR

I don't know-why don't you ask Egypt, Syria, Jordan...you get the idea.
Sure, Iran has a decient military.
Can Israel invade-no.
Can they flatten every building in Iran-conventionally-no.
Can they take out Irans Nuclear program-above ground or not-you bet ya.
Can you say bunker busters-they just got a whole load of them-the big ones
Can they shot down the Iranian air force-YES-look to Syria for that answer-can u say bakaa valley.
Can they shoot down most of Irans missles-yep.

Lets not forget, to get to Israel, Iran must fly by the US troops and ships in the gulf.

Sure, Iran has a spy satalight, but Israel will be given the full use of all of the US's-yeah-y'd be SCR__D!.

[edit on 11/2/2005 by mrmonsoon]

[edit on 11/2/2005 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Except that Iran doesn't have nukes...yet.

And Isreal hasnt attacked Iran...yet.

So the moral of the story remains hypothetical.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Any country striking another first with nuclear weapons loses all its friends, allies and prospect of any support the world over (except for the war-perv nutter crowd) and brings a whole heap of serious trouble on itself.

Even after Hiroshima the US still has its little pets like Great Britain.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by drinkinlikeafish
And Isreal hasnt attacked Iran...yet.

So the moral of the story remains hypothetical.

But even if Isreal nuked Iran, Iran couldn't nuke them back. So it is a moot point.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join