It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How strong is your (other gender) side?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I find this an interesting topic because ... well, I like to study people.

I am a woman and I have a very strong 'male side'. Along with the normal female traits of nurturing and caring, I'm a leader, I have controlling tendencies, I own power tools. I just built a bird feeder yesterday. I design stuff, I like to fix things. I'm not a 'girlie girl' at all. Never wear dresses or (gasp!) heels. Don't own any. I'm said to be a 'strong' woman. I worked in engineering and got along famously with all the men. I get along with men. I don't play the 'female games', or use my feminine wiles or whine (much) or nag. I'm simple. I'd say I'm 60-40 Female-Male

My husband (who is a man) has a very strong 'female side.' Along with the normal male traits of competency and being a great provider, he's sensitive, caring, respectful, attentive, perceptive and complex. He has no interest in sports (Thank God!) and he gets along great with women. Most of his friends are women. He's a homebody. He's probably 70-30 Male-Female

I think the fact that we cross the gender lines is one of the reasons we get along so well. We understand each other.

And I was wondering... What are your thoughts on this? How strong is your (other gender) side? How does it play into your relationships? And can you 'build' your other gender side. Is it a good thing to do?

Thoughts?

[edit on 2-11-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
no offence but i must say that this is the most random question i've ever seen.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrisamatic
no offence but i must say that this is the most random question i've ever seen.

Maybe when you grow up and actually have a relationship and have the occasion to think about such things, you'll understand.

I could always ask... "What do I do with my love life"? No offense.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
hey i said no offence. i'm not saying its wrong or bad in any way. i'm just saying that it's a really weird question to answer. thats all. i've never been in that position so i'm trying to understand how to answer it.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Well, then what was your intent? What was your purpose in coming n here with a 'random' statement?

See how saying "No offense" really doesn't help when you're saying something kind of offensive? If you had something to say pertaining to the question I asked, then I can understand adding "'by the way, that's a pretty strange question", but you had nothing, so just came in here just to tell me how 'random' the question was. Why waste your time? What's that mean anyway? A random question? Never mind.

Like I said, if you had been in several long term relationships (like I have - the current one being 15 years), you might have a clue.

And now, thanks to this stupid conversation we're having, no one will likely answer the question at hand, which I was really curious about.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
look, sorry ok? the whole reason i said it was because i didn't understand and i was hoping for an easier explanation. the words came out wrong and i apologise. hey its ok for you. at least you're with someone who loves you. i'm helping the person i love to get my best mate who she's in love with. i'm not a nasty person and i'm hoping you will be able to see that. i didn't come on this site to cause arguments.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
hello hello

I'm not sure how to guage it other than through stereotypical comparisions... but using that I'd say I've got a mix of the two how much though? dunno!

how is it really a strange random weird question? I mean hello, we be on teh intarnet on teh webforams!!!!!!!!

its a question I need to think more about apparently, I mean what defines femine?

If you care for someone, feminine?

Talk about feelings?

if I am 50-50 does that make me a hermaphrodite?

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
dope pic, lyseric!

I've always been a tom-boy. Having brothers and being too into basketball will do that to a chick. As I grew up I kinda over compensated by being really flirty and kinda boy crazy which was easy cause I was always around a lot of boys cause I could hoop.

But, in the way I dress and carry myself, I'm not girlie at all unless I'm going to church, then I got the heels and tourture chamber stockings on and maybe a lil lipstick.

I'll say I'm 60% female and prolly 40% male. That seems crazy....oh shoot not another identity crisis I'm getting too old for this--thanx BH!

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrisamatic
look, sorry ok?

No problem. I apologize for being so harsh. Guess that's part of my masculine side coming out.

I do hope you realize that, especially on the Internet where people can't hear you or see you, if you feel you have to accompany a statement with "no offense" you probably shouldn't say it at all. Or at least if you do say it, sure as hell, somebody's gonna take offense.

Originally posted by Lysergic
its a question I need to think more about apparently, I mean what defines femine?

If you care for someone, feminine?

Talk about feelings?

That picture? That's hot!

Well, very simplistically, I think there's a scale. One end, Manly man, the other Girlie girl. (and I'm talking about heterosexuals here. Homosexuality adds another tangent to the equation.)

But a manly man is burly, hairy, deep voice, simple, Sporto, jock, never cooks or cleans, works (maybe too much) doesn't care about colors or art, hangs out with the boys, goes fishing, hunting, likes one kind of music, probably heavy metal, would die before seeing a 'chick flick', calls his wife 'baby', you get the picture.

A girlie girl speaks with a soft voice, has her hair AND nails done, has a 'wardrobe' that changes often, has 7 pairs of pumps exactly the same except for the color, calls 'pink' salmon. Likes all kinds of music, waxes, will wear jeans as long as they have a label, but she irons them first, she's hard to read, thinks that if you loved her, you'd know how she's feeling, loves romance books and movies, favorite activity: Shopping. You know, feminine.

Originally posted by Lysergic
I'll say I'm 60% female and prolly 40% male. That seems crazy....oh shoot not another identity crisis I'm getting too old for this

Sounds like we have a similar past. I was climbing trees then went directly to climbing boys!

It does seem crazy at first. But I believe it's good to have a balance in all things.

[edit on 2-11-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

new topics

top topics

join