It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Much More Can Spielberg Tell Us?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
Every now and then someone is born who makes a real difference with a gift for the world, music, inventions, art, literature, science, politics and movie directors.

The person takes the current "standard" and raises the bar, ventures forward and makes the next move. Unique often ignored during life but celebrated in death...sadly.

Spielberg is one. A brilliant mind.
[edit on 4-11-2005 by Mayet]

plz proove to me how Spielberg is a gift for the world,
I'm genually interested

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I am not going to get into a "prove it" argument with you just because you don't feel the same way I do....please re read my previous reply for reasons why I believe the man has a gift for the world....

You really just have to look at the gift of art he has left for us. The stories he has told, the magic he has bought us.....

Just as Einstein can bring a gift to us, so can an artisan....

Its an individual thing though. If YOU don't feel he has bought a gift, you don't have to open it................You can leave that with the other unopened gifts for the world. Someone else will discover the gift you don't want. One mans trash is another mans treasure....

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
I am not going to get into a "prove it" argument with you just because you don't feel the same way I do....please re read my previous reply for reasons why I believe the man has a gift for the world....

I dont want an argument, i only wanted you to enlighten me,
its a real passion of mine to discover amazing thought and amazing ppl,
i suppose its better to research yourself.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I did not start this thread for bashing of anyone, but as usual, it has turned into that.
If people can find such negative character, ethnicities, foibles of a wonderful human such as he is, then Mayet and I agree totally..as usual [*-*]
When g-d gives us a gift of a man who can makes ue really THINK and cry, it is time to thank him.
Ask any person who was a child when ET and CE came out what they think of those 2 movies, perhaps out of the mouths of babes can we see the majic and positive influence he is..
Drew Barrymore is an adult now.. Could it be there is such an interest in et/ufo because if Steven for the now adults?

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I am not insulting you or picking on you iamiam

I am just saying that people that i think that have a gift for the world may not always be people you think or the person next to you thinks are a gift.

Some would say Hitler had a gift for the world...Others recoil from the tohught and spit on his gave....rightly so

Iamiam have you seen many of spielbergs films at all. have you watched close encounters closely at all? If not pop down the dvd video store and grab it and then sit back and analyze what you have just seen....

If so what did you think of the concepts that speileberg bought to us for the first time ever without ridicule....

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
In the vein of Speilberg being a genius, a thought came to me as far as the et movies and schindler's list, I think his choice of actors he chose to play these parts.

Liam Neeson was spectacular as the german officer in SL.
Francois Truffat was awsome as the french professor in CE and Richard Dreyfuss was remarkable.
In ET, Drew Barrymore was great and the Kid played by Henry Thomas, an unknown kid from Georgia.great..
In Taken, Dakota Fanning, another unknown kid from Georgia
Eric Close as the alien was at his best..
Notice, he did not have any high $$ actors in any of these films, but the settings and the characters they played are a big part of Steven's secret to success.
Mayet:Have you seen Taken?

interesting link..www.spielbergfilms.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Hi All,

I believe Steven Spielberg to be increadibly gifted. The movies and television shows that he has had a hand in, have an air to them that rarely fails to entertain and spark the imagination.

iamian, his films(the ones he directed and produced) are some of the most talked about, highest grossing films of all times. I will list a few of them for you:

1. JAWS (1975)
  2. Close Encounters Of The Third Kind (1977)
  3. Raiders Of The Lost Ark (1981)
  4. E.T. (1982)
  5. Gremlins (1984) This movie made $148 mill. A brief summary plot on what Gremlins is about.
  6. Back To The Future (1985)
  7. Jurassic Park (1993)
  8. Men In Black (1997) This movie made $250 mil here in the US and $338 mil overseas. A brief summary of the plot Men In Black
  9. Taken (2002) This was a very popular mini series that came on television.

This is just a few of his most popular and memorable films. The entire list of his movies (both directed and produced) can be found here: Steven Spielberg Films. Please click on the "about" tab in the links to see how much money each movie made, and how many awards were won.(This list includes international sales when applicable) Some of his movies were popular, but did not do well in the theaters. And you know you have made it to the big time when your name is a Wikipedia subject! (
) Steven Spielberg

Now, back to the question of how much Mr. Spielberg may or may not know about aliens. I found this story which I have read about a year ago called A Young Steven Spielberg Meets The President. Basically, it is a story about how President and Mrs. Regan watched a screening of E.T. at the White House, which was presented by Mr. Spielberg himself. The story of what happened has not been validated or confirmed by Mr Spielberg, but that is not from lack of trying as the story relates.

Here is another site that I found that deals with presidents and UFOs with an article called Jimmy Carter and Steven Spielberg . What is interesting to me about this write up is this quote:

...NASA declined the offer to reopen the UFO can of worms, and Carter’s Science Advisor was told this. Meanwhile, however, behind the scenes, NASA was busy. While they claimed having no role in investigating UFOs, at the same while time they were telling President Carter they wanted no part of the UFO scene, they had written a letter to Spielberg trying to talk him out of releasing the movie Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

Spielberg was receiving indications that the government itself didn’t want the movie released to the public. It was something that bolstered his faith that there was some truth to all the UFO stories, despite the fact that he had set up the movie as a work of fiction.

"I really found my faith," stated Spielberg, "when I heard that the government was opposed to the film. If NASA took the time to write me a twenty-page letter, then I knew there must be something happening."

This is actually the first time that I have read anything about Mr Spielberg having any interaction with a president other than president Regan. The article talks about that too.

I also found an open letter to Steven Spielberg from Stephen Bassett. Mr Bassett is the founder of Paradigm Research Group, whose main goal is disclosure from the US govt. He is the host of the X-Conference which is held annually. Here is a quote from the Open Letter To Stephen Spielberg

...Only one action remains to complete the compelling parallel
nature of these projects ten years apart. It has long been
rumored you are convinced of an extraterrestrial presence
manifest about the planet. Thousands of good people have worked
for decades to bring this truth to the American people. As you
did in 1994, once again we need you to come forward and stand
personally for what you believe.

Respectfully,

Stephen Bassett
Executive Director

(Here is a link to the original letter posted on Mr. Bassetts other site X-PPAC ) There is no indication that Mr Spielberg has ever responded.

However, he recently was at the International UFO Symposium that was held in Italy. Here is a quote from an article written Oct 10, 2005 called International UFO Symposium underway in Italy

...Famous American film director and producer Steven Spielberg, the author of the featured “E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial” (1982) movie said in a TV interview to the symposium participants that he was not so sure of the existence of extraterrestrial civilizations as he was twenty years ago.

I am not even sure what he means by this. I am not sure how much he does or does not know, but it is indeed an intrieging thought that he may be using films to acclimate people to certain ideas about aliens. I certainly believe that the media in general generates "fictional" stories" to get the public used to an idea, situation, or state of being. To go into examples of this would disrupt the flow of this thread so I wont do so here. (Hhhmmmm... another conspiracy topic perhaps?!
)

I do believe that it would be in his best interest to keep any knowledge he may have to the realm of story telling. Even as a billionare, he has much to lose by going public on a topic that the mainstream news still treats with disguised ridicule and disbelief.

[edit on 11/4/2005 by sylvrshadow]

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I have seen the last few in the series.. I started watching just before her mother met her father... so I missed the first ones that bought the story up to date. but even watching the ones I did I picked it up easily bcause it fit in with my own ideas.

The problem was we had an influx of alien stuff at the same time with the 4400 starting at same time.. and the only tv show I watch usually is HOUSE ..man I love that guy...Hugh Laurie... *giggles, I thought he had such a lovely American accent and I was bowled over at the emmies to hear him speak the Queens english as a Brit... well he can speak to me in either accent...
.. anyhows enough digression

I was watching house one night when taken came on and I started watching Taken and stuck with it..i hate TV usually it makes me feel so sluggish and zombified...

I will eventually get the whole series on DVD but with six kids I can barely afford to feed them let alone entertain them so..meh....

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Sylvr;

Thank you very much for all that interesting information..
I have heard the exact quote for Reagan to Speilberg is "what would happen if the world knew how real that is? 'So, I imagine that was not the only discourse they had, as Reagan publicily spoke of extraterrestrials in at least 3 speeches..I am sure Steven got some really good ideas/truth/ from Reagan?
His kidney ailment was vey mysterious, and kept low key, cause of it unknown! Given to him? Wonder if it was a warning?
Knowing he is obsessed with the war, maybe an instant re-incarnation of the war-dead as Cayce teaches us, perhaps he is tapped into periods of WW2 and after?

Mayet;

I am a TV addict,no kids and I use it for background noise, BUT there will be all of a sudden, it seems there is a message for me, and then I look up and for all the Bob Dylan music commercials..
I taped Taken and it took 3 tapes to get it all.
for both of you..

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I posted this in the 'Movies' forum in BTS, but I think it's very relevant to this thread. The plot for Indiana Jones IV: The Order of the Quest really makes me wonder how much Spielberg really knows.

You might want to read. It's ATS heaven!!

www.mrindianajones.com...

Peace

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I posted this in the 'Movies' forum in BTS, but I think it's very relevant to this thread. The plot for Indiana Jones IV: The Order of the Quest really makes me wonder how much Spielberg really knows.

You might want to read. It's ATS heaven!!

www.mrindianajones.com...

Peace

I will read it..Seems he does/knows a LOT MORE as a public individual that the NWO does together..
Maybe he was chosen or voted to be the one to 'get out the secrets'
That does not seem far-fetched ot me at all.
Ya'll do not give this genius near enough credit..he is wiling to die to do these long list or truths..Even in Schindler's list he gave us a world of before that unknown wisdom.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 01:08 PM
link   
That read told me a lot..
Seems the female MATTERS a lot to these men.I do not doubt the Biltmore, but I have been googling the mansion in Virginia where is another meeting place..of a female who governs over a type of 'star child' which makes this look new agey to any outsiders..Seems they have orgies, and all sorts of debauchery..In this pamphlet I was give, I remember it all but for the name of the home..These are off-shoots for them to 'get down' in secret, as it is 'claimed 'to be a workshop for the star children.
If anyone knows of this, please post..I shall keep looking.
As far as the Jones movies goes, I did not see them, there is a fount of wisdom given here for any with discernment..that is THE KEY word when into all these types of interests and studies,, and also playing dumb is cooler.

Do not forget, the most deranged homo-pedophile-killer Crowley was invited or was a part of all this too.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
For what it is worth, when 'Taken' was previewed in the UK Daily Mail, they did mention that Spielberg had been given unprecedented access to very high level secrets and permission to use some of them in the programme.

I watched the series, trying to guess what was fact and what fiction. As far as I'm concerned, I could have believed it all to be true

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Englishman_in_Spain
For what it is worth, when 'Taken' was previewed in the UK Daily Mail, they did mention that Spielberg had been given unprecedented access to very high level secrets and permission to use some of them in the programme.

I watched the series, trying to guess what was fact and what fiction. As far as I'm concerned, I could have believed it all to be true

Thank you for that information..Parts of Taken were just like my real life and I 'know deeply' he has a really good 'in' on all of the Government secrets.
I have often wondered if Simon Wiesenthal has gotten some doors opened for Speilberg?
I just hope he stays healthy, as he has only one kidney left..

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Why are you still using Taken?

Steven Spielberg was only the executive producer.

It was written by Leslie Bohem, and directed by Breck Eisner, Félix Enríquez Alcalá, John Fawcett, Tobe Hooper, Jeremy Paul Kagan, Michael Katleman, Sergio Mimica-Gezzan, Bryan Spicer, Jeff Woolnough and Thomas J. Wright.

Source
An executive producer of a motion picture is typically a producer who is not necessarily involved in any creative or technical aspects of production. They generally handle business issues, and may be a financier of a movie. Some executive producers act as representatives of the studio or production company that is releasing or producing a film, occasionally being credited as Executive in charge of production.

Many times someone will receive executive producer credit because of prior involvement with a property that has been optioned into a film, even if they had no direct input into the production of the film itself. Some instances of this include authors of optioned works, people who had previously owned or currently own the rights to a property, or someone who had been producing or had been involved in the production of a previous version of a film.

He had very little involvement in it. He hardly got involved and just put money forward due to the fact he liked the idea.

Come on people...he didn't write it.
How did he have insight into how it would turn out? You don't get a final complete script, series, etc, they give you an over-view of the story and plot lines. With the amount of directors and writers it could have gone any different way...

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Odium;

Whatcha get to intense about?
Steven was the one credited for all the awards and adulations, and SURELY he had script access and provenance.
I do not care who wrote, I just care about what resonates with me.
Maybe the writers were in the Lodge too??who really know anything, unless they identify with it..geezzz

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
Steven was the one credited for all the awards and adulations

Not what my source seems to say.

See here

The fact is, you've not even bothered to look up anything you've said yet. The position he held on that series is one with little involvement. He went up and 'collected' the awards along with other members of the show. However they let him speak. Primarily because he financed it and secondly because he is seen as a legend in the industry.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium

Originally posted by siriuslyone
Steven was the one credited for all the awards and adulations

Not what my source seems to say.

See here

The fact is, you've not even bothered to look up anything you've said yet. The position he held on that series is one with little involvement. He went up and 'collected' the awards along with other members of the show. However they let him speak. Primarily because he financed it and secondly because he is seen as a legend in the industry.

Also Known As:
Steven Spielberg Presents Taken (USA) (complete title)
Runtime: 877 min (10 parts)
Language: English
Color: Color
Sound Mix: Dolby Digital

This tells me all I need to know..this is beating a dead horse.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Yes, well done.

Presents because he put the money forward to publish it. Probably because he knew it'd be a big earner and like any smart 'business man' wanted to make more money.

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Yes, well done.

Presents because he put the money forward to publish it. Probably because he knew it'd be a big earner and like any smart 'business man' wanted to make more money.

Smart move, huh?
He has to add to the Ulliminati coffers like all the rest//joke//

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join