It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could It be possible

page: 1

join
share:
Ox

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
It seems that science fiction writer Isaac Asimov and I share the same theory to the origins of mandkind..

Could it be possible that we are an experiment.. failed? successful or otherwise gotten out of control..

What if we became too powerful.. or too out of control.. too populated.. something went wrong? we chased off the ones who brought us here? what if this is possible?

Would you return to somewhere when youve been chased off by threat?

If you have any insight I'd like to hear it.. agree or disagree? Id like to hear it?

Thanks.. jeff

And if this is a duplicate threat feel free to delete.. or move it if in the wrong place

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I know what you mean and its kinda weird cos I made a similar thread today. My biology teacher gave me some info on it today. Check it out

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ox

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Interesting thread.. Yeah.. it makes you wonder doesnt it?

Actually I saw a short movie when I was in highschool.. called.. ahh.. something like "5 mintues til midnight" It was about evolution .. saying that if time was just one day.. people would have only been here for 5 minutes.. of that 24 hour time period.. interesting when you think about it.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I for one don't believe that. But when you are talking about and arguing with something like this, you get into religion, of course everything is based off peoples own beleifs, and mine are that God created us, but everyone has their own views and theories.

Ox

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Thats true.. everyone does have their own beliefs and theories.. and I welcome them all in my threads... And I thankyou for posting..

My original post was suggested as a question. of it is possible

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
wow, a thread where all opinions are welcomed! you are to be commended!

i, too, believe that god is the answer to your question. however, as that is my faith, and therefore by definition, unprovable, i have to admit that your theory is quite plausible.

but here's what you have to ask yourself: eventually, all questions about evolution and creation lead back to one question....how did it all start? the big bang theory is all well and good, but where did the material for the big bang come from? it had to be created somewhere, somehow. whats the answer? if aliens created us, who created the aliens?

just food for thought.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Ox,
This concept has been considered and even published in a book called Alien Agenda. Some say that aliens could be the scientists of our "ant farm" Others say that there used to be a race of human like creatures on this planets long ago and aliens interbred with this culture to produce us. Still others say that was a war, with a base on Earth and a base on the moon and humans were made to harvest materials for one side or the other but humans were more intelligent then intended. I am not saying I beleive any of these ideas Im just stating what theories are out there.
Its definately nothing to rule out though.

Ox

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Great posts... And yes I like to hear all sides and opinions.. Personally I'm not a big believer in "god" but if you are then you are and that's your choice and I welcome it..

Just a thought though.. Sometimes.. sadly.. Some people are born with a genetic "defect" (so to speak).. What if it's not a "defect" at all.. but evolution.. We as the human race only use.. I believe 10% of our DNA?.. What if these "defects" are our bodies using different DNA strands to build us? Something forgotten from long ago? or hidden that we havent found yet?

Let me know what you think..

Jeff

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Not sure, it's an interesting concept, but when I see kids with down's syndrome, and mental retardation, I believe that to be a "defect." No offense intended, but I'm not sure what good we as a race would be if everyone had some sort of defect like the one's mentioned. But who knows, things would be alot more peaceful, that's for sure!

I agree with what was said about creation, matter has to be created before it can adapt and change.

[edit on 3-11-2005 by GaMbLeR]

Ox

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
No offense taken..

Ok.. good point on the down syndrome thing.. but think.. what if it's a partial.. change.. or evolution.. Sevants (Spelling) who usually have a younger mentality than people their age.. Can recall enormous amounts of information, calculate in seconds what you and I can calculate in minutes or more.. faster than calculators can.. Think about that for a minute.. What about these "Crab people" who's hands and feet form like claws.. What if that's a .. I hate to use the word mutation. but what if it's some hidden DNA or suppressed DNA coming out?

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Ox

posted on 3-11-2005 at 09:29 AM
No offense taken..

Ok.. good point on the down syndrome thing.. but think.. what if it's a partial.. change.. or evolution.. Sevants (Spelling) who usually have a younger mentality than people their age.. Can recall enormous amounts of information, calculate in seconds what you and I can calculate in minutes or more.. faster than calculators can.. Think about that for a minute.. What about these "Crab people" who's hands and feet form like claws.. What if that's a .. I hate to use the word mutation. but what if it's some hidden DNA or suppressed DNA coming out?

GaMbLeR

posted on 3-11-2005 at 09:15 AM
Not sure, it's an interesting concept, but when I see kids with down's syndrome, and mental retardation, I believe that to be a "defect." No offense intended, but I'm not sure what good we as a race would be if everyone had some sort of defect like the one's mentioned. But who knows, things would be alot more peaceful, that's for sure!

I agree with what was said about creation, matter has to be created before it can adapt and change.

Those are both interesting but here is a moment to think about. I was told by my grandfather a year before he died that what if god looks at the "disabled" or "handycap" people as the "better" people and we are the defected ones.

Interesting

[edit on 3-11-2005 by texmiller]

Ox

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Also a possibility.. If you believe in god

Good point.. thanks for the post

top topics

join