It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greys are not Aliens.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
Sorry to burst your bubble here but there are serious holes in this theory.

-the Roswell crash debris had beams with hieroglyph type writing, unless we changed our language system completely in the future, but I see no reason to downgrade to hieroglyphs.

About this one who is to say English or any modern language will still be used in thousands if not millions of years . Its very possible most if not all will go the way of Latin and all the other dead languages.

Really a 1947 army soldier might have saw Arabic on the I-beams and could have described it as hieroglyphs. They just said Hieroglyphs because it was symbols they didnt understand or reconize.

The description of them as "Hieroglyphs" didnt come from any scientist trained in linguistics.

[edit on 2-11-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
True, but I heard multiple reports that state to have seen something closer to hieroglyphs than any currently known language.

Bob Lazar described hieroglyphs as well.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Lazar described hieroglyphs too? Hmmm I didnt know that interesting

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The hill case is a good point GrOuNd_ZeRo, but I don't agree with the others you brought up.

I don't think the language thing really dismisses the possibility of Greys being the future of humanity. If they are from the future, who knows how far off they are.
If you think it is unlikely that Humanity could 'downgrade' to hieroglyphs why would it be more likely that an advanced race would use them? I don't think that language would prove or disprove anything.

Time travel hasn't been proven and neither has breaking light speed or any other type of travel that a ET might use to get here.

I don't feel that other species are relevant in this subject. If Greys are us in the future it would mean nothing in regards to other species. I do find it odd that there are all these humanoid species though. It has taken the Earth more than 4 billion years to produce humanoids. I think the odds are greatly against the same thing happening on another planet.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   

If you think it is unlikely that Humanity could 'downgrade' to hieroglyphs why would it be more likely that an advanced race would use them? I don't think that language would prove or disprove anything.

I would not consider using hieroglphs to be a downgrade by any means. The use of hieroglphs may be the future as hieroglphs often tend to not only represent letters but entire ideas and concepts with only one hieroglph.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
What about the gap in our DNA though? what about the Sumerians appearing out of no where? what about the Annuzazi indians disapearing into thin air?

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012

I would not consider using hieroglphs to be a downgrade by any means. The use of hieroglphs may be the future as hieroglphs often tend to not only represent letters but entire ideas and concepts with only one hieroglph.

Im only fluent in English and man does it have its flaws. I would think all current written languages have their flaws and could be much more efficient. I know written Chinese could stand to be a tad more efficient.

I could invision humans dropping or evolving current written languages some time in the far future into a more efficient and perhaps global one. Just the fact that a single written language would break the language barrier makes it very possible for some time in the future IMHO.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
we are saying the same thing just using different words.
A hieroglyph or what we percieve to be such can do exactly what you are saying.
The use of hieroglyphic type writing can be extremely detailed and poignant.
Although the chinese have something in the neighborhood of 1000 glyphs each one is specific when used properly. Check with Byrd, she can tell you how glyphs worked for ancient eygyptians. Our major problem was / is translating them from one language into another into a third or forth language.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   

-Time travel is not something that has been proven to be possible, and if it were possible, why don't we ever see or meet time travelers and why do they never disclose they were from the future, ofcourse there is Titor, but his claims are...yeah...

Time travel works, all you have to do is achieve a significant velocity near the speed of c

[edit on 3-11-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
I find it funny that an alien from a far off planet would of evolved as we have, into a humanoid form. The odds of life being out there that are humanoid seems to me to be very unlikely.

Since we don't have anything concrete to compare it against, we can't really say what life outside Earth would evolve like, humanoid or not.

All we can say is that it evolved in a variety of ways on Earth, and the most success was humanoid, although that is contentious!

We have nothing to judge it against, and since all supposed witness reports, sightings and such state they are humanoid, that's all we have. That's not to say there aren't other intelligent lifeforms out there that aren't humanoid, just, it seems, they aren't coming here.

It does make sense, the physical humanoid form can perform a variety of tasks, thanks to our hands and digits, especially our thumbs. Perhaps humanoid is the Universal template for evolving species, maybe there is a template, a natural form, that aids evolution?

I remember reading somewhere a while back that Opctopus and squid would be the next species to intelligently evolve and become land-dwelling.

I'm glad I'll be gone by then, I think I'd die if I saw a giant octopus swinging from the trees coming towards me

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Well, just to let you guys know, i'm done with my semi-debunking of this theory and I will accept your theory as a plausible alternative to their origins, I did not mean to sound close minded or down right viscious but I figured every suggestion needs SOME criticism

I will follow this thread and add my 2 metallic circular objects now and then on the theory....

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The language assumptions come from assuming that English and the English alphabet would be the standard form of written expression for centuries to come. It's actually still pretty young as far as languages go. If the West "fell" so to speak, and Asian/Arabic nations became the dominant nations on the Earth, a language hybrid of Korean, Japanese, Chinese and Arabic could end up being very much like heiroglyphics. And what if we discovered some secrets of the universe or meta-physics encoded in Egyptian heiroglyphs? They could well be incorporated into the language.

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
The use of hieroglyphic type writing can be extremely detailed and poignant.
Although the chinese have something in the neighborhood of 1000 glyphs each one is specific when used properly.

There's actually thousands of Chinese characters, and if you include the older forms, thousands more. You need to know about 3-4000 characters to read a newspaper without a hitch, and 5000+ to read more complex writings. And like kenshiro2012 says, character-based writing is often much more expansive in conveyed meaning than letter-based writing. A single Chinese character can imply up to 10 meanings, and suggest even more by poetic or allegorical association.

[edit on 2005-11-3 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrOuNd_ZeRo
Well, just to let you guys know, i'm done with my semi-debunking of this theory and I will accept your theory as a plausible alternative to their origins, I did not mean to sound close minded or down right viscious but I figured every suggestion needs SOME criticism

I will follow this thread and add my 2 metallic circular objects now and then on the theory....

I think criticism should be welcome in all theories and you made some very valid ones like the Barney & Betty Hill one.
IMHO I think it adds to the thread seeing the other sides of a theory.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
VelvetSplash, you make some very good points. Here is one reasons to my thinking that the humanoid form would be unusual for aliens to take form in.

The line of animal evolution on our planet began in the sea with invertebrate creatures. Some where a division was made and there was invertebrate and vertebrate species.
Imagine how life would of turned out on Earth if vertebrate species never came to be?

Originally posted by VelvetSplash
I remember reading somewhere a while back that Opctopus and squid would be the next species to intelligently evolve and become land-dwelling.

The Octopus is a very interesting creature. I've seen them eat sharks. Once I've seen an Octopus and fish being kept in separate tanks on opposite sides of the room. At night while no one was watching the Octopus would climb out of its tank, cross the room and climb into the other tank and eat the fish.
Yes, if it were not for fish sprouting nubs and coming to land for food I think that the octopi would of dominated land if allowed the time to do so.

But what would a Octopus like species look like if it made it and survived in the Jungle, or the desert. The appearance of our Alien would change quite a bit. But it wouldn't become a Humanoid.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Well, even the US Government is baffled why all aliens are humanoid, it could point to some form of inteligent design, perhaps there is a real creative force or maybe humanoids tend to get along with each other better...

I do agree that aliens should be RADICALLY different from each other...even the slightest difference would affect evolution in theory.

I'm happy I could bring some insights, I hate to sound like a debunker though but I just wanted to point out some stuff

i'm suprised Gazrok isn't replying yet...

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Certain body shapes might be ideal for specific jobs. For example take the shape of Dolphins a (mammal) they have a very good body shape for what they do swimming down prey like fish.

But back when the dolphins ancestors were still walking around on land there was a (reptile) called Ichthyosaurs which had a role pretty much just like the Dolphin

Though these creatures lived millions of years apart and were not the same species they evolved a very similar shape. Not to say other shapes havent come about for the same role but there is evidence that the same basic shapes can be repeated even though the species are not related.

I think there is a good chance on planets all over the universe basic things like Fur, Flight, Legs will pop up very often. Many non related animals on earth have separately evolved these things.I also think Photosynthesis will pop up alot in the universe

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   
GrOuNd_ZeRo, I have to thank you and everyone else on this thread for your contributions. I'm learning a lot from this thread and I'm sure others are too.
I think this is what Skunk Works is all about. We are thinking outside of the box and producing some interesting results. By looking at Greys at a different angle than what we are used to we are learning a great deal about ourselves.

ShadowXIX, that is really cool how Mammals and reptiles have evolved in similar ways. To me it makes a alien humanoid form more believable.

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I also think Photosynthesis will pop up allot in the universe

I agree. I believe that Photosynthesis is essential to kick starting the food chain. Where else will original and unlimited food sources come from?

And how far can plant life evolve in the right conditions? I was looking at this website earlier today.
sprott.physics.wisc.edu...

What about an entire planet of immobile, silicon-based "trees" that communicate with each other via electrical signals?

To be honest I'm not sure we humans have the imagination to truly come up with what something totally Alien might look/be like. Our movies often use bug like creatures or something else that resembles something on Earth. If we are being visited by all these different Humanoid Aliens... that really has to say something about life that we don't know about yet.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   

And how far can plant life evolve in the right conditions? I was looking at this website earlier today.
sprott.physics.wisc.edu...

What about an entire planet of immobile, silicon-based "trees" that communicate with each other via electrical signals?

I never reallt thought too much about possible plant dominated worlds. Its a interesting concept and indeed possible IMHO.

It got me thinking though

Think of a world dominated by plants. Most plants on earth react to stimuli but move and react very slow with the exception of a few plants like the venus fly trap for example.

I got the picture of a planted dominated world complete with predator and prey plants. But the chases take place on a different time scale then one we are use too here on earth. Say a chase between a prey and predator plant plays out over the course of a week or a month but only covering a few meters. For a plant that lives many hundreds of years that might seem like a few sec chase between a cheetah and a antelop here on earth. Time is relative after all

I have to agree chances are there is life out there more alien then we could ever dream. I wouldn't be shocked though if we ran across some basic shapes we would reconize here and there.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 05:52 AM
link   

The odds of life being out there that are humanoid seems to me to be very unlikely.

Not really umbrax when you think of it all life stems from the same source. In order for life to exist as we do we need our environment. Because all life stems from same source its probable there are other environments such as ours. Then life would follow the same or similiar path of development. So it actually makes the whole thing possible there is life "out there" like ours...

So what if these aliens are not aliens after all, but are actually us in the future.

I agree it certainly is an option... once again pictures of helmeted beings on caves in Australia.. modern or future astronauts? and artifacts dug up of small plane like objects, and mechanical thingys... then there is Atlantis. Futuristic peoples of advanced technology. Maybe we will in the future have access to the stargate....

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I have just unsubscribed from this theory... I am not going there... uh uh this thought does not exist...this is not our future..no waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay am I ever going to wake up next to THAT in the morning.... especially with all those dingly dangly bits....

Edit to remove pic.

[edit on 5-11-2005 by intrepid]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join