It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you good enough to get to Heaven?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Maybe for some but not for others. I don't and don't want to. Do as you wish but don't tell others what to think or care.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

People will only enter heaven because they place their faith in the completed work of Jesus Christ to remove their sins.

Yes you do care, this is eternity we are talking about. This is the most important decision of your life.

Not everybody believes Jesus Christ can remove their sins though

Please don't try to instill your belief's in me.

Originally posted by I See You
Maybe for some but not for others. I don't and don't want to. Do as you wish but don't tell others what to think or care.

[edit on 13-11-2005 by ImJaded]

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded
Not everybody believes Jesus Christ can remove their sins though

Please don't try to instill your belief's in me.

So what exactly do you mean by this? I shouldn't talk about Christ? You have the right to believe or disbelieve what I say.

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

So what exactly do you mean by this? I shouldn't talk about Christ? You have the right to believe or disbelieve what I say.

I merely meant don't try tell me what I care about or believe in, U are entitled to believe in whatever U like at your own freewill, as I am. U tried to tell me what I thought was wrong

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded
I merely meant don't try tell me what I care about or believe in, U are entitled to believe in whatever U like at your own freewill, as I am. U tried to tell me what I thought was wrong

What if my beliefs require me to spread my beliefs to other people?

Would you try to force your beliefs of not forcing beliefs on others, on me?

It's quite the paradox we've got here.

[edit on 13/11/2005 by AkashicWanderer]

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by AkashicWanderer

What if my beliefs require me to spread my beliefs to other people?

Would you try to force your beliefs of not forcing beliefs on others, on me?

It's quite the paradox we've got here.

[edit on 13/11/2005 by AkashicWanderer]

good question. Although religion aside, if someone tried to tell U what to think or care about would U not nicely ask of them to not do so ?
Or should we all just go around arguing and trying to make people think/act/live as we do ?
Because in my experience, when one does try to preach their beliefs to someone who isn't of the same faith it just leads to an argument.

Probably why I am not religious to begin with, add that to the hypocrites who are preaching (and I do mean those I know personally, this is not directed to any of U) and well, I really don't care to be involved, honestly. Because they claim to be "good" and going to Heaven and frankly I'd rather not go where they are going because in my eye they are bad people (for other reasons). ie; hypocrites.
It's just how I feel, and U should respect that, as I respect your belief's in your religion/faith. Or at least just respect that I have asked U not to

is that fair ?

If U go to the other board called "Where do I go?" this may (or may not) give U a little insight as to why I feel as I do. I won't go into the story here, although it may relate to the topic, it explains a little about my "struggle" to grasp the religion I was born into.

I don't want to practice the religion I was born into, yet I don't really have a choice only because I love my mother and respect her more so than any person or being in this world and would not hurt her so as to claim another religion as my own. I know it's "my life" but I am already disappointing her in NOT practicing as is ...

anyway I do believe in God, I don't harm anybody, I don't steal, lie or cheat and I try help those less fortunate in any way I can, every day. Because it's just how I am
SO maybe I will go to Heaven just for being a good person, maybe not. I know I am one though and that is enough for me in this lifetime.

Let me stop before I really start rambling.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   

To be honest,No. Heaven as imagined by Some is a sort of resting place for those that are deemed worthy. At least that is what has been presented to me by people around me my whole life.

I do personally believe in higher states of existance, that as of it have not been or never will be properly defined.

if asked what i feel i would like heaven or my eternal resting place to be, i would describe different than has been presented to me in life.(if i could find the words to describe it.)

I have been an outsider in alot of ways much of my life, so not being part of any particular group doesn't cause me any personal shame or discomfort(well at least most of the time).

but in the end, though my own beliefs might be different, i accept the fact that i have made certain choices and am willing to face the possible consequences or benefits. it wouldn't seem fair to me otherwise.

Here is a Biblical description of what Heaven will look like for all who go there. (written by Brent Riggs www.seriousfaith.com)

1Corinthians 2:9 "However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him".

Do you think about Heaven every day as if it really, truly exists?

We go about trying to "get the most" out of our lives unaware or uncaring that this is only a whisper of our true existence. As I talk to people about this, it becomes apparent that most don't truly think of Heaven as a tangible destination but more of a dreamy concept that is of little consequence in our "real" life.

I often hear comments like, "it's scary to think about", or "I don't want the Lord to return yet, there are things I still want to do here" or "I just want to experience everything this life has to offer before going to Heaven". By far the most common response I hear is "I've never really thought about it all that much".

In truth, it should be difficult for us to get our mind OFF of Heaven. Let me ask you a question that might help stir your thoughts of Heaven today.
If you were told today that in one year you will inherit a beautiful estate and several millions of dollars, all free and clear, all yours.... do you think you would spend much time thinking about it over the next year? Do you think you would tell others? Would you plan for that day? Would you long for that day? Would you have a hard time NOT thinking about it?

And yet that is a paupers portion compared to the unimaginable joys and treasures our Lord is preparing for us the day we meet Him face to face.
Spend some time thinking about the reality of our life in Heaven:

• Most everything we truly love is either in Heaven, or will end up there: our Christian brothers and sisters, our saved family members, Jesus, our Father, the Spirit. (Heb 12:23, 1Pet 1:4, Phil 3:20, Matt 5:12)

• No tears, no sorrow, no pain, no regret, no sin, no temptation, no unending struggling with your flesh - the battle with sin will be over. You will live in perfect holiness, pure and sin-free for all of eternity and it won't be a desperate battle to win, it will be the simple nature of our existence (Rev 22:3-5)

• An eternity of never ending blessing and enjoyment in God's presence where everyday will be a new day of discovering God's goodness

• After a million million million years we won't be one day closer to the end or closer to exhausting God's capacity to surprise us with His greatness, creativity or love

• We will eat and drink for pleasure, not for sustenance (Rev 2:7)

• Unimaginable beauty and experiences beyond anything we could ever begin to dream of ("no mind has conceived")

• We will experience and explore God's new Heaven and new earth, all remade to perfection by God. If you think there are beautiful scenes on this earth, they won't compare with God's recreated Heaven and earth (2Pet 3:11–12)

• We will be in the direct presence of God the Father and Jesus our Savior... we won't have to be insecure about our relationship with Him anymore

• We will have a perfect body that never grows old, is never sick, is never injured or in pain (1John 3:2)

Do these truths excite you? If they are really true, we should have trouble NOT thinking about them. As Christians, our hope lies in our eternal destination that has already been decided, secured and prepared.

If Heaven is not "real" to you, ask the Lord to show you why.
• Is it because you have a lack of knowledge concerning what the Bible teaches about Heaven?

• Is it because you have embraced some myths about Heaven such as:
o It will be boring because all we do is sit around and have church
o We will float on clouds and play harps
o We stand around the throne of God and sing praise music for all eternity
o It won't be any fun
o We'll be God's robots for all eternity
• Is it because you are to consumed with what THIS life has to offer?

o Where is your treasure? In this world or in Heaven? Where are you investing your time and resources?
o Do you love the things and pleasures of this world so much that Heaven is not enticing?
o Are you so consumed with the pleasures of this life that it leaves no time or room to long for Heaven?

Are you still lost in your sin and not sure if you will even go to Heaven?

[edit on 11/14/2005 by just me 2]

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by just me 2
I'm taking a poll!
How many people believe that to get into Heaven, you have to be a good person?

Although being a "good" person is certainly necessary in order to pay off our accumulated Karma, we must do a lot more to get into heaven.

(Matthew 7:13-14) “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Although being a "good" person is certainly necessary in order to pay off our accumulated Karma, we must do a lot more to get into heaven.

The only thing you must "do" is to repent of your sins, and trust (believe) in Christ by Faith.

Mark 1:15, Eph. 2:8-9, John 3:16

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   

The only thing you must "do" is to repent of your sins, and trust (believe) in Christ by Faith.

Mark 1:15, Eph. 2:8-9, John 3:16

I don't know about you, but that doesn't seem like a narrow gate, nor does it seem like a difficult path. If anything it seems like a wide and broad gate.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I don't believe I'm good enough to get into Heaven. I don't think anyone's good enough to get into Heaven.

You need to find someone who will pay your way in.

Fortunately, I found Him.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I don't know about you, but that doesn't seem like a narrow gate, nor does it seem like a difficult path. If anything it seems like a wide and broad gate.

If it is so easy, when was the last time you repented of your sins?

Matthew 7:13-14 "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."

Considering the fact that appx. one third of the world's population are Jews, one third Muslims, and the last third are Christians. (There is a small percentage of other religeons, but it is a small minority.)
So, in other words, only a third of the billions of people on planet earth are on the narrow path. Seems like only a few to me in comparison to the ones who are on the broad path.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   

If it is so easy, when was the last time you repented of your sins?

Approximately 20 seconds ago.

So now can we agree it is an easy, and wide path to walk?

It is not about numbers, but about the path itself. Does it involve self-sacrifice for humanity, or is it as easy as 1-2-3?

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   

It is not about numbers, but about the path itself. Does it involve self-sacrifice for humanity, or is it as easy as 1-2-3?

You said it's not about numbers, remember?

Christ sacrificed Himself, so I don't have to.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Christ sacrificed Himself, so I don't have to.

As long as you believe this is the narrow and difficult way to life, this is fine

Personally I do not.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Considering the fact that appx. one third of the world's population are Jews, one third Muslims, and the last third are Christians

Thats wrong. One third Jews? 2 billion Jews? HAHAHAHAHA....

No....

I think you'll find that Hinduism is by far larger than Judaism. I reckon the Buddhists would have a good shot at beaten them too. Haven't checked the numbers, but I don't think there are that many Jews at all.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
I think you'll find that Hinduism is by far larger than Judaism. I reckon the Buddhists would have a good shot at beaten them too. Haven't checked the numbers, but I don't think there are that many Jews at all.

You are correct.

Statistics of Top Ten Organized Religions of the World

Christianity - 2.1 billion - 33.0%
Islam - 1.3 billion - 20.1% - 20.1%
Hinduism - 851 million - 13.3%
Buddhism - 375 million - 5.9%
Sikhism - 25 million - 0.4%
Judaism - 15 million - 0.2%

A narrow and difficult path that few will find, indeed.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
One out of three people in the world are christian! On third of the world thinks I am going to hell? Those figure are refreshing, if that many people are of those other faiths then I'll bet I am going to heaven!

Doesnt the bible state somewhere only like 154 thousand people will go to heaven? That sounds like about the amount people that are the wise ones of the craft...

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   

One out of three people in the world are christian! On third of the world thinks I am going to hell? Those figure are refreshing, if that many people are of those other faiths then I'll bet I am going to heaven!

Why would you rely on what man thinks? It's what God thinks that REALLY matters!!!

Why would you think that you're going to make it?

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Am I good enough to get into heaven? I suppose that depends first on the existence of heaven, and second, on the price of admission being sufficiently good.

I have no reason to even suspect there is a heaven, but if I play a hypothetical that such a place exists, I then have no reason to suspect that the gatekeeper tallies up levels of goodness before letting you in.

For all I know, the universe exists for the sole purpose of manufacturing styrofoam cups.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join