It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Wilson For President: A real Man, A real American

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   

This guy has been put through the ringer from top officials in this current administration for speaking the truth.
Also see BH's thread on Wilson's 27 days of hell

From not confirming the reports in the forged documents about uranium coming from Niger (which was the biggest deal for going into Iraq), to having his wife outed and put into danger, this man is still kicking and not bending over like Libby has for this administration.

How we've come to know Joe Wilson IV

First let's talk about his Work Backround:

For 23 years, from 1976 to 1998, he was career foreign service officer and ambassador.

In 1990, as chargé d'affaires in Baghdad, he was the last American diplomat to meet with Saddam Hussein. (He was also a forceful advocate for his removal from Kuwait.)

After Iraq, he was President George H. W. Bush's ambassador to Gabon and São Tomé and Príncipe

Under President Bill Clinton, he helped direct Africa policy for the National Security Council.

It was his experience in Africa that led him to play a small role in the effort to verify information about Africa's suspected link to Iraq's nonconventional weapons programs. (Taken from his op/ed article)

Chris Matthews reporting on this subject

In February 2002, the CIA sent former ambassador Joseph Wilson IV to the African country of Niger to check on reports that the Iraqis tried to buy yellowcake uranium to make a nuclear weapon.

Wilson was known for his showy bravery. As the acting U.S. ambassador to Baghdad in 1990, before the gulf war, he had sheltered hundreds of Americans from becoming potential hostages.

When Saddam threatened to execute anyone who did not turn over foreigners, Wilson met with reporters wearing a hangman’s noose rather than a tie. The message, Wilson said, was:
“If you want to execute me, I’ll bring my own f--king rope.”

Retired from the Foreign Service to become a business consultant, Wilson, an experienced Africa hand, eagerly took on the CIA assignment to poke around Niger. (He accepted no pay, other than expenses.)

After drinking mint tea and talking to Niger officials for about a week, Wilson concluded that the reports of Iraqi uranium purchases were almost certainly bogus.

Wilson’s report seems to have vanished into the bureaucratic maw.

In his January ’03 State of the Union address, President Bush, citing British intelligence reports, repeated the charge that the Iraqis were trying to buy uranium from Niger.

The warning was one in a series of dire pronouncements from top administration officials.

Beginning in the summer of 2002, Vice President Dick Cheney and national-security adviser Condoleezza Rice had repeatedly averred in speeches and TV interviews that Saddam was intent on building an atom bomb.

More

Then on July 6, 2003 Joe Wilson wrote an OP/ED article in the NYT, here is a snippet of what could of possibly made his wife 'fair game' according to Rove.

Did the Bush administration manipulate intelligence about Saddam Hussein's weapons programs to justify an invasion of Iraq?

Based on my experience with the administration in the months leading up to the war, I have little choice but to conclude that some of the intelligence related to Iraq's nuclear weapons program was twisted to exaggerate the Iraqi threat.

Now about the enriched uranium aka yellow-cake going to Iraq, he states:

Given the structure of the consortiums that operated the mines, it would be exceedingly difficult for Niger to transfer uranium to Iraq. Niger's uranium business consists of two mines, Somair and Cominak, which are run by French, Spanish, Japanese, German and Nigerien interests. If the government wanted to remove uranium from a mine, it would have to notify the consortium, which in turn is strictly monitored by the International Atomic Energy Agency. Moreover, because the two mines are closely regulated, quasi-governmental entities, selling uranium would require the approval of the minister of mines, the prime minister and probably the president. In short, there's simply too much oversight over too small an industry for a sale to have transpired.

And now for those documents that he thinks were forgeries:

(As for the actual memorandum, I never saw it. But news accounts have pointed out that the documents had glaring errors — they were signed, for example, by officials who were no longer in government — and were probably forged. And then there's the fact that Niger formally denied the charges.)

Read more of his op/ed here

These are the politics of truth my friends, you go against the grain of a powerful group of corrupt, un-American, machevellian people in the white house and you could potentially put one of your loved ones in danger.

He is very courageous, outspoken, very intelligent, and honest, and could be an ambassador for this country..oh wait he already was.

This man deserves to be president, he would make a better one then kerry and bush put together. And during the Gore/Bush election he donated $1000 to both parties, ask him which way he swings, he'll tell you neither.

*******Also watch this video of Joe Wilson and Sen. Schumer asking for the suspension of Karl Rove's security clearance due to the leak of CIA operative Valerie Plame.************

here

Or go here if you can't get the video to run:
here

Also Wilson has a site if you wish to visit, www.politicsoftruth.com...

[edit on 2-11-2005 by TrueLies]

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
We don't always see eye to eye on things, but what a way to turn the ship into the storm!

It's so funny that the entire Rovian defense for a partisan attack of outing Wilson's wife (might as well have sent a fish wrapped in newspaper) is to continue attacking him. Those without scruples just relish in their evil don't they?

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I believe he will be talking today on national TV about his ordeal so it will be nice to hear from the source.

I have to agree that all the national exposure will give him all the tools to become a household name if he wants to run for office.

So finacial help from dirty groups will not be needed. Right?

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
This man deserves to be president... ask him which way he swings, he'll tell you neither.

He should start a new grassroots party that takes no corporate money and take a run at 08.

His diplomatic experience and connections would get some serious thinkers into an administration and they could help restore some... oh let's see.... diplomatic relations with the rest of the world.

Who else you gonna vote for? A party?

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Joe Wilson is a liar with a political agenda.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Wilson's assertions -- both about what he found in Niger and what the Bush administration did with the information -- were undermined yesterday in a bipartisan Senate intelligence committee report.

The panel found that Wilson's report, rather than debunking intelligence about purported uranium sales to Iraq, as he has said, bolstered the case for most intelligence analysts.

www.nationalreview.com...

But now Ambassador Joseph C. Wilson IV — he of the Hermes ties and Jaguar convertibles — has been thoroughly discredited. Last week's bipartisan Senate intelligence committee report concluded that it is he who has been telling lies.

For starters, he has insisted that his wife, CIA employee Valerie Plame, was not the one who came up with the brilliant idea that the agency send him to Niger to investigate whether Saddam Hussein had been attempting to acquire uranium. "Valerie had nothing to do with the matter," Wilson says in his book. "She definitely had not proposed that I make the trip." In fact, the Senate panel found, she was the one who got him that assignment. The panel even found a memo by her. (She should have thought to use disappearing ink.)

www.captainsquartersblog.com...

This information came to the CIA from Wilson himself and wound up being reported to Vice President Dick Cheney. While Niger didn't actually complete the sale to Iraq, this demonstrated that Saddam Hussein attempted at least once, as did Iraq, to transact business with Niger for yellowcake uranium in defiance of the sanctions.

But go ahead with your attempts to get this guy to run for the Democrats. This guy is almost as good at lying as Clinton was. No...nevermind...nobody will ever be as good as Clinton, when it comes to lying!

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Still waiting for a Congressional Investigation on this guy.

He says his wife did not have anything to do with his mission to Niger. That is a lie

He allegedly "outed" his own wife in 2002. So to blame someone else for it is hypocritical.

www.wnd.com...

"He was a total self promoter," Vallely said. "I don't know if it was out of insecurity, to make him feel important, but he's created so much turmoil, he needs to be investigated and put under oath."

[edit on 6-11-2005 by Carseller4]

[edit on 6-11-2005 by Carseller4]

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
You got to be crazy to try and put the CIA in the whitehouse again.

posted on Dec, 17 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Gag Alert!

This is rich and so frailing humorous.
Joe Wilson revealed---->

At any rate, I applaud his support of the Iraqi war and regime change.

Joe Wilson: Bush Right to Attack Iraq

seekerof

[edit on 17-12-2005 by Seekerof]

new topics

top topics

join