It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nice to see recognition for a change.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I know acts of bravery are carried out every day by our forces in Iraq, but i read today about one such act which i was particularly glad to see. Reason being it's because it a member of the SAS and it's amazing how little we hear about our special forces acts of bravery. Should i say we don't hear enough about them and a lot of thier work goes unnoticed and therefore unapreciated by many.

Forgive me for the paper the news item came from lol, but at least they support our troops well.

www.thesun.co.uk...

So in the midst of all the crap that is banded about about our troops at times, i'd just like to say a huge well done to all over there doing things like this. I'm sure many will go unnoticed but i know everyone here will appreciate what they do. I refer to all the numerous forces over there when i post this.

CX.

[edit on 2-11-2005 by CX]

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Well, its good that he got the medal and he dammed well deserved it but bad for one thing....they have publicity.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Good story. (appologies accepted for the source
)

There has got to be a lot more we don't know, or will ever get to know, unless the soldier writes about his exploits.

The anonymity of the soldier has been kept secret, but the fact remains that the Newspaper has stated that they were undercover in Baghdad at the time this incident occurred. Did the SAS want this public? Maybe, maybe not.

Anyway, back to the story. It shows how much training is put into these soldiers when they can do something like this. They are not just heartless murderers as some would have us believe. There will be many more stories just like this one , leaking through the media to us at home.

My respects to the two soldiers of the SAS

new topics

join