It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invisible Worlds and dimensions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
This is an idea that I recently got, and it seems very interesting to me .

I believe we live in a Electro-magnetic orientated Universe ie. we see, hear, smell, eat and touch electro- magnetic radiation. We as human beings are only able to interact with dimensions associated with the Electro-magnetic world. Even our time is just the bending of Electro-magnetic pathways. Our Science is based on what we expereinece around us.

Now what if there are parts of the Universe that are not Electro-magnetic orientated. We therefore, cannot even begin to experience their existance, and yet they may exist. We as humans cannot take measurements beyond our own Electro-magnetic world. Therefore, it is almost like our Electro-magnetic world may be a small segment of a greater Universe !

What do you think ? Remember that most scientists now agree that even particles are made up of Electromagnetic waves.

[edit on 2-11-2005 by siddharthsma]

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by siddharthsma
Therefore, it is almost like our Electro-magnetic world may be a small segment of a greater Universe !

I thought this was the case anyway..........

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
According to M-theory there are paralel universes that could exsist within milimeters of our own universe. These universes are held within a membrane of a string that expanded. Accordingly we, and all physical matter is trapped on that brane. Apparently the only thing that can traverse these paralel universes is gravity particles or gravitons.

So basically what you are saying is kind of what modern M-Theory suggests.

xmad

[edit on 2-11-2005 by xmaddness]

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I just listened to Graham Hancock on Coast to Coast 'this morning/last night'. His new book is actually on this. It sounded pretty interesting when he went into the fact of drug experiments, '___', '___' (a natural brain chemical), etc. In fact, '___' and other 'hallucinigenic' chemicals grow naturally in some plants, which shamans use to go on spirit journeys. Most of the people had very similar experiences/stories. He thinks that those types of drugs and/or enlightenment training can inhance your sensitivity to these other dimensions.

He also said that although experience have virtually the same setup, they differ according to culture. Which is why most white people will see aliens, where as the amazon shamans will see spirit gods. But in each case, they are operated on and told important things and other such events.

I've never tried any hallucinigenic drugs, nor does my brain make a surplus of '___', so I guess I'll never get to test the theory first hand. Anyone here have any thoughts on this as well?

From what I've read, alot of Quantum Physicists & String Theorists basically acknowlege the higher/lower dimensions already...

I have no view one way or the other...but it does interest me as well!

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
This is very interesting to me to. I have a book about '___' and the spirit. It is also interesting to note that not only do people taking it have similar experiences but, also people who have been naturally delusional (like from excess dopomine -psychotic mania or post-partem psychosis) They all have the same delusions. I think they access a part of the brain that is otherwise dormant or not used. (?) What do you think. Like delusional people all have them about God or Jesus or the Devil or the FBI or Government. Isn't that unusual since there's millions of other things people could be delusional about?

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by otterbaby
This is very interesting to me to. I have a book about '___' and the spirit. It is also interesting to note that not only do people taking it have similar experiences but, also people who have been naturally delusional (like from excess dopomine -psychotic mania or post-partem psychosis) They all have the same delusions. I think they access a part of the brain that is otherwise dormant or not used. (?) What do you think. Like delusional people all have them about God or Jesus or the Devil or the FBI or Government. Isn't that unusual since there's millions of other things people could be delusional about?

I've just recently (a few days ago) found out about it. I'm still looking into it myself. What book do you have, is it informative? delusions and illusions are different. I'm not sure if delusional people see the same things, or if dopomine can alter state of conciousness. I'll look into it though!!!

Man, everyday something new and exciting is brought to me. I love learning.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by siddharthsma
This is an idea that I recently got, and it seems very interesting to me .

I believe we live in a Electro-magnetic orientated Universe ie. we see, hear, smell, eat and touch electro- magnetic radiation. We as human beings are only able to interact with dimensions associated with the Electro-magnetic world. Even our time is just the bending of Electro-magnetic pathways. Our Science is based on what we expereinece around us.

[edit on 2-11-2005 by siddharthsma]

there is...or has long been attention been paid to 'our place in this material universe'
the majick people, which would include Alchemists, knew of these different levels of electro-magnetic energies....these were called "correspondences"

the electro-magnetic continium is exactly what dowsers work with...
its those EM disruptions that cue the sensitive or the dowser to things
such as water under ground, or a buried coin, or anything that disrupts the EM field (continium)

as far as '___' (or my verbilization 'dammit')
it only causes a schizm in a normal, chemical induced- EM field, that operates in our brain.
the similar 'induced' insights, are only a natural 'short-circuit' revelation
that normal & healthy brains are induced to preceive.
(much like the geometric and/or angular visions one will experience from the stress & chemical imbalance caused by ingesting meth or speed) YECH!!

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I like this theory, the 'Holographic Universe' idea.

It slots in quite well with a thread by twitchy here:

Tryptamines and God
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think it goes towards explaining A LOT about science, religion, God, spirituality, ESP, interstellar travel - practically everything that could be attributed to the paranormal.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 08:37 PM
link   
This is in answer to FallenOne. Hi. Yes. The book was very interesting It is called ''___': The Spirit Molecule'. It say, 'A Doctor's Revolutionary Research into the Biology of Near-Death and Mystical Experiences' By Rick Strassman, M.D. To tell you the truth, I read it like 4 years ago and don't remember details. I think I'll read it again, though.

Also, excess dopamine does definitily cause dellusions and hallucinations (ie. psychotic behavior) That's why ' anti- psychotic drugs block dopamine receptors.

Lastly, for people very interested in this topic, I recently received some information from a group called, 'Council on Spiritual Practices' (www.csp.org) These guys are doing research on entheogens and the spiritual life. Entheogens (God-evoking substances) include Peyote cactus,mushrooms, and other plants and chemicals.

I didn't mean to go 'off topic', but invisible and other dimensions do relate to this. Our brain are wired to believe in the spiritual world, otherwise, all these natural plants wouldn't take us 'there'.

And in answer to the other fellow who said speed and something short-circuited our brain and I don't know he said something about geometry (?) I'd be interested to know exactly what you meant because you said, 'Yech'.
Definitly, not all mystical or 'otherworldly' or 'other invisible dimensional' experiences are 'Yech' Many ,Many people have had unbelievably peaceful or uplifting near-death or chemically-induced or neurotransmitaly-induced experiences.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
If the universe is an electromagnetic vibration, then perhaps there are other universes vibrating at higher and lower frequencies. This is very much the concept behind parallel worlds in many works of science fiction (I say this in no way to dismiss the topic or its potentiality).

I always was attracted to a notion of parallel worlds based upon the superposition of electrons. Electron orbits exist as a field around an atom's nucleus, potentially occupying any given position in the electron shell. Observation of the position actually collapses the electron into a set position (observation affects causality). As all the other potentialities are equally possible we can imagine a number of separate alternate realities that are sub-atomically differentiated. As this process occurs through time it is repeated for every electron of every atom for every microsecond forward. We can picture this process as a multidimensional branching or bubbling out, a fractal, cloud-form multiverse. Simplifying this for the purpose of discussion, alternate realities in close proximity to one another would differ to a near immeasurable, sub-atomic degree. Realities that separated far back in the equation, far from one another, would differ greatly on multiple levels giving shape to an almost infinite array of potentialities. These are the kind of thoughts I have at midnight when I should be sleeping.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cicada
If the universe is an electromagnetic vibration, then perhaps there are other universes vibrating at higher and lower frequencies.

I agree. In fact I'd wager that this explains paranormal activity such as ghosts, spirits and demons. Perhaps they are, at least, "interference" between the frequencies, like on a radio when you switch between two channels on the dail - or perhaps there are lifeforms/entities that can travel between one frequency and another (which could go some way to explaining possession).

If one can understand and harness the power available through inter-dimensional travel, whether by craft or by person ('spirit'), one would surely be able to conquer interstellar travel (kind of popping out of our frequency-Universe at point A and appearing at B, using the other frequencies to travel between the two with far greater speed than travelling just in this frequency.

This brings to mind the topic of Stargates, no matter how fanciful they may be, it is essentially what I'm describing above.

[edit on 3-11-2005 by VelvetSplash]

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Actually I think there are multlayers dimensions. We don't exist in one singel dimension but a layered verison. I've always thought that the n dimension = Frequency. Though how would one tune into another without either spontaniously combusting or becoming a mindless vegitable? If there was a way to see frenquencies visually, I think we would be able to see the veil between the layers. How else would something be able to slip in and out so easyly? I would think its like swimming and holding your breath for a bit. Sure you can hold it..but eventualy you need to come back to breathe. Just my theories and opinions.

-Aza

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   

This is in answer to FallenOne. Hi. Yes. The book was very interesting It is called ''___': The Spirit Molecule'. It say, 'A Doctor's Revolutionary Research into the Biology of Near-Death and Mystical Experiences' By Rick Strassman, M.D. To tell you the truth, I read it like 4 years ago and don't remember details. I think I'll read it again, though.

That sounds interesting. I think Hancock mentioned him on the Coast to Coast interview about this subjuect.

Also, excess dopamine does definitily cause dellusions and hallucinations (ie. psychotic behavior) That's why ' anti- psychotic drugs block dopamine receptors.

Lastly, for people very interested in this topic, I recently received some information from a group called, 'Council on Spiritual Practices' (www.csp.org) These guys are doing research on entheogens and the spiritual life. Entheogens (God-evoking substances) include Peyote cactus,mushrooms, and other plants and chemicals.

Yeah, I just found this website as well, it seems pretty informative on this subject.

www.erowid.org...

I didn't mean to go 'off topic', but invisible and other dimensions do relate to this. Our brain are wired to believe in the spiritual world, otherwise, all these natural plants wouldn't take us 'there'.

And in answer to the other fellow who said speed and something short-circuited our brain and I don't know he said something about geometry (?) I'd be interested to know exactly what you meant because you said, 'Yech'.
Definitly, not all mystical or 'otherworldly' or 'other invisible dimensional' experiences are 'Yech'. Many, many people have had unbelievably peaceful or uplifting near-death or chemically-induced or neurotransmitaly-induced experiences.

Indeed. Krik (sp?) wouldn't have come up with the double helix DNA form without his small weekly dosage of '___'.

Although, I'm not sure if taking any substance (natural or not) is good for the body, even if it 'transports' you (or your astral body) into 'another dimension.'

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Hey all, my honest opinion is that I believe in God (Spirit , higher power,) whatever you want to call it. And IMHO anything that was "naturally created" and can be consumed "naturally" that is w/out a 'lab' to create it or strengthen it, is OK and put on the earth for enlightenment. Just as american indians and other cultures respected and honored the natural "trips" for spiritual purposes.

I'm definitely not into nor do I think its good to just experiment or be a druggie not that I judge others but, you know what I'm saying.

I'm just saying if there was nothing else there (ie no other dimensions) then why would our brains concieve of it. If nothing else existed then I don't see why we'd trip there.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Hey all, my honest opinion is that I believe in God (Spirit , higher power,) whatever you want to call it. And IMHO anything that was "naturally created" and can be consumed "naturally" that is w/out a 'lab' to create it or strengthen it, is OK and put on the earth for enlightenment. Just as american indians and other cultures respected and honored the natural "trips" for spiritual purposes.

I'm definitely not into nor do I think its good to just experiment or be a druggie not that I judge others but, you know what I'm saying.

I'm just saying if there was nothing else there (ie no other dimensions) then why would our brains concieve of it. If nothing else existed then I don't see why we'd trip there.

Good point. Although, I'm not sure you should throw the word 'God' in there. The christians might be upset.

Higher Power (Egyptian Maat or Hindu Brahman, etc.) is a more likely term to use. Seeing that they aren't 'old men smiting people', rather, it's just describing the nature of physical law and the interconnectedness of all energy in the Universe (or multiverse). But that's just my take on it.

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Joesph Campbell had this theory:

all myths are the creative products of the human psyche, that artists are a culture’s myth makers, and that mythologies are creative manifestations of humankind’s universal need to explain psychological, social, cosmological, and spiritual realities.

This kind of explain why we might all encounter similar delusion, and this kinda support that universal mind theory (i don't know what it's really called!)

I think the coolest '___' I ever heard about was this drug called "iboga", this drug is not addictive, and actually cures drug addiction by resetting the brain. But, this drug is so powerful, it causes illusions and visions. They say that you go through different dimension if you take the drug, you will see all of the sin you have caused but in the eyes of the people you hurt. This drugs seems interesting, but can only be taken during a ritual from Bwiti tribe to cleanse the mind and kinda have a second rebirth.

ibogaine.lycaeum.org...

I'll find more links later theres better ones!!

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Hi Thanks Skyblueffo for the input to this thread. I really think its interesting and important to realize so many cultures had (have) these plants and ceremonies for enlightenment.

That was an interesting substance (note I didn't say drug) We're discussing a sensitive subject because we're not allowed to talk about drug use at ATS. I tried to talk about a site of a research company where they're doing experiments like this with natural plants. But, the Mods deleted it. But, they let your's stay...go figure...

Anyway, in Polynesia they have the Kava Kava ceremonial drink that encourages social atmosphere and relaxation. Its from the root of a plant and is nonalcoholic. It's not illegal and the plant extract is sold in health food stores in tincture form and capsules. When I'm stressed and have axiety Kava Kava really works.

[edit on 6-11-2005 by otterbaby]

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
So, if we only can

see, hear, smell, eat and touch electro- magnetic radiation.
Then we

as human beings are only able to interact with dimensions associated with the Electro-magnetic world.
So, it doesn't matter if we may be

a small segment of a greater Universe
Because we can only interact with the

Electro-magnetic world
out of the

greater universe
So we may need to sufficiently evolve before we can interact with more than our segment of the

greater Universe

So

What do you think ?

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Hi Thanks Skyblueffo for the input to this thread. I really think its interesting and important to realize so many cultures had (have) these plants and ceremonies for enlightenment.

That was an interesting substance (note I didn't say drug) We're discussing a sensitive subject because we're not allowed to talk about drug use at ATS. I tried to talk about a site of a research company where they're doing experiments like this with natural plants. But, the Mods deleted it. But, they let your's stay...go figure...

Anyway, in Polynesia they have the Kava Kava ceremonial drink that encourages social atmosphere and relaxation. Its from the root of a plant and is nonalcoholic. It's not illegal and the plant extract is sold in health food stores in tincture form and capsules. When I'm stressed and have axiety Kava Kava really works.

[edit on 6-11-2005 by otterbaby]

My bad, it's Iboga really isn't a drug, sorry for my misuse of words, it's just a plant with hallucination qualities. Iboga is plant, but the Bwiti tribe use the plant's bark in there ceremonial ritual. From what I know, scientist are using the plant to cure drug user from addiction. the hallucination takes effect when the user take a high but not lethal dosage of the plant's bark. I don't think the plant is illegal, but I don't think you can get it anywhere else.

gus

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Dimensions are frequency ranges.

Suppose we have the Third Dimension:

[ 3D ]

See that it ranges from one '[' to another ']'.

Now consider the Second Dimension (2D):

[ 2D ]

It's smaller in length when compared to the Third Dimension.

And you know what? It's included in in 3D! See for yourself:

[ 3D [ 2D ] ]

We are currently in 3D. Well most of us still are. And as 2D is included in 3D, we fully understand 2D. Actually you can see it anytime, anywhere. Every "surface" you see around you is 2D appearing into 3D!!

Actually some of us are or were in 2.5D, because we always use linear measurements, such as time and distance.
I'm not kidding. Some people are still linear!! They are flat! LOL.

3D people understand measurements such as cubic centimeter and volume.

But now the good part, what happens in 4D, the Fourth Dimension????

[ 4D [ 3D [ 2D ] ] ]

All I can tell is that every unit of measurement in 4D includes an infinite amount of time. That's right my friend.

In 3D a centimeter or a meter will include a limited amount of time. Because movement is time and time is movement.

I would say some of us are ascending to 3.5D or even more. Some people may be in 4D already.

It's a matter of tuning yourself to a broader frequency range. You can use chemicals for that:

:bonghit:

Or you can use the ol good love:

:luv:

You could use them both. It wouldn't make any difference. David Icke did this with Ayahuasca.

People say that ghosts and stuff are higher frequency beings. But if they have bad intentions so they must be lower-frequency! I think they might be trapped in 2D! They are trapped in surfaces that are so thin for us to see that they are invisible. It´s like looking to a sheet of paper sideways.
Just a correction: If ghosts are trapped in 2.5 and below, we should be able to see them. As I said earlier. But sight is just a very small amount of our "presence" in 3D. We interact with ghosts all the time, although we don´t see them. It may be possible that 3.7D people can see ghosts with naked eye. Although naked eye for 3.7D people is useless, they already have a third eye or something.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join