It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gallup Tracking: Alito About As Favorable a Nominee as Miers, but on Abortion...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   
In going back over many of Alito's rulings I found that of the three cases he has heard on the abortion issue he ruled pro-choice two out of three times and the time he did not was for abortions to be carried out very late in the pregnancy. I think the guy has a good chance of getting confirmed and I think he should be confirmed. His past record on rulings reflects a high regard for the law as it is written and for the particulars of each individual case. I like him.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
25% actually,

Oops, what was I thinking?

but it is a shame the court is moving backwards in it's representation of minorities now (which in the case of women is actually a majority of the population).

I really don't think that it should matter how many men and how many women are on the supreme court. All we should be worrying about as people is finding judges that are well qualified. Maybe there's a higher percentage of qualified men judges than there are qualified female judges. It really doesn't matter to me. Every judge on that court could be a black woman, and if they were all well-qualified and fairly chosen I wouldn't really give a damn.

<< 1   >>

join