It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Holds Terror Suspects in Secret "Black Site" Prisons

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 04:57 AM
link   

New York Times

A Swiss investigator said on Friday European governments had been complicit in illegal CIA activities in the "war on terror," after reports that the Americans ran secret prisons in Europe.

"It's not possible to transport people from one place to another in such a manner without the secret services knowing about it," he said. "What was shocking was the passivity with which we all, in Europe, have welcomed these things."

"Europeans should be less hypocritical and not turn a blind eye," he said at a news briefing. "There are those who do the dirty work abroad but there are also those who know when they should close their eyes when that dirty work is being done."

And he is Right;

You can not Perform Operations on Such a Large Scale, and not be Noticed OR/AND Approved by the Countries, which report this Illegal CIA Activites Today.

Bottom Line is, that CIA has established their own Vast anti-Terror Network, which was really Welcomed in Europe - despite the Reports, that say Goverments did not know about.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Bottom Line is, that CIA has established their own Vast anti-Terror Network, which was really Welcomed in Europe - despite the Reports, that say Goverments did not know about.

That is almost accurate. Drop the word "anti" out of the statement and you are on the money. What the CIA has established is a vast terror network. Holding people in secret prisons where they are certainly denied a right to a fair trial amounts to nothing more than kidnapping. And the certain use of torture is the tool of terrorists like Saddam. Running camps like this puts the U.S. on the same level as the Nazis during WWII. We call them secret prison camps. Back during WWII they were called concentration camps.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a few months ago a weird scandal has emerged about some secret fac in my country ,used by the CIA.I contacted one of my "friends":
-Did we have secret CIA prisons?
-That's a big secret
no one knows about it
-Why have you done this?Who has given the order?
-It was an op ,part of cooperation in Irak and Afghanistan.The joint chief of staff kept it away from civ authorities in order to maintain the secret.
-Who's involved into?
-The convoy made stops in Italy,Germany,UK and Poland
-Well,I supose the EU will not charge its own important members
Now,I'm asking a few interesting questions about this investigation led by Dick Marty:
1.Why the egyptian secret service knew about the transports?
2.Why did the egyptians passed info to their ambassy in Berna, in a neutral country?
3.Why the swiss secret service was interested in these transports?
4.How the info slipped into media and why the resolution in the Swiss parliament was rejected?
5.Why a well known anarchist,from a country not member of the EU,was named head of the investigation comission?
6.Why all this ,when so many countries are involved?

If we analyse this,we may reach the conclusion,that after all.it was CIA who orchestrated all these steps,in order for USA to gain leverage on Europe.CIA has many prisons all-over the world,yet no info transpared about these facilities,located in far less-controlled countries.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 05:02 AM
link   
simple and full:
In Romania,during communism,people were tortured to death.There are underground warehouses full of several hundreds skulls.
Now,people are brought to be tortured and killed from abroad,in CIA facilities.

Would you torture someone to death with your own hands?
Then,why do you expect others to do this on your behalf?

Many of you say that we have to be as cruel as the terrorists,that we may use any means necessary.But who are these terrorists?They are people depicted in the west as being irational and savage,so they are acting in this manner now.And we?do we have to prouve that we are as savage as they are?

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Update!

US employs ‘gangster’ methods, says report on CIA

An international investigation into alleged CIA prisons in Europe said on Tuesday that the US had broken the law but failed to provide hard evidence that European governments had hosted illegal detention centres on their soil.

Dick Marty, a Swiss parliamentarian heading a Council of Europe investigation into the claims, said in an interim report that US activities had been both illegal and counter productive.

"On the other hand it has been proved (and in fact never denied) that individuals have been abducted, deprived of their liberty and all rights and transported to different destinations in Europe, to be handed over to countries in which they have suffered degrading treatment and torture."

"It may not be conclusive so far, but there clearly is an issue to resolve on rendition flights, although on the question of secret prisons in Europe and torture there is far more work to be done."

Well that sure is interesting - Gangster Methods ey?

One thing is Certain so far - nobody can Touch the Untouchable CIA, nor the US Goverment, nor the Ministry of Defence for ordering and executing such Methods.

All is Fair in Love and War, right?

US "outsourced" torture, European investigator says

The United States flew detainees to countries where they would be tortured and European governments probably knew about it, the head of a European human rights investigation said on Tuesday.

His report kept pressure on the US Central Intelligence Agency over the charges that it flew prisoners through European airports to jails in third countries, but Washington denied any wrongdoing and critics said the report contained nothing new.

Romania, Poland, Ukraine, Kosovo, Macedonia and Bulgaria have faced accusations that the CIA used detention centers on their soil.

[edit on 25/1/06 by Souljah]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Well that sure is interesting - Gangster Methods ey?

Gangster Methods? Is that like machine guns and pin-striped suits?

One thing is Certain so far - nobody can Touch the Untouchable CIA, nor the US Goverment, nor the Ministry of Defence for ordering and executing such Methods.

And another thing for sure - nobody can beat Eastern Europe for welcoming these prisoners to their prisons, eh? They practically rolled out the Red Carpet. The Price must have surely Been Right!

Covert Activity by U.S. Called No Big Secret
Source

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   

United Press International

BRUSSELS, Nov. 15 (UPI) -- Just when the United States thought the transatlantic row over possible Central Intelligence Agency terrorist detention camps in Europe had blown over, the European Parliament followed the Council of Europe's decision to launch an investigation into the allegations by holding a rowdy debate on the issue Monday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Even More Heat coming from the Europe.
Actually some Pressure on Pentagon & CIA this time.

Heads up, Souljah.
That EU investigation turned up 'nil', nada, not a dern thing.

BRUSSELS -- Investigations into reports that US agents shipped prisoners through European airports to secret detention centers have produced no evidence of illegal CIA activities, the European Union's antiterrorism coordinator said yesterday.

The investigations also have not turned up any proof of secret renditions of terror suspects on EU territory, Gijs de Vries told a European Parliament committee investigating the allegations.

The European Parliament's probe and a similar one by the continent's leading human rights watchdog are looking into whether US intelligence agents interrogated Al Qaeda suspects at secret prisons in Eastern Europe and transported some on secret flights through Europe.

But so far investigators have not identified any human rights violations, despite more than 50 hours of testimony by human rights activists and individuals who said they were abducted by US intelligence agents, de Vries said.
EU official: No evidence of illegal CIA action

seekerof

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Not to try and resurrect an old thread but just today:
news.yahoo.com...

President Bush on Wednesday acknowledged previously secret CIA prisons around the world and said 14 high-value terrorism suspects — including the mastermind of the Sept. 11 attacks — have been transferred from the system to Guantanamo Bay for trials.

So to wrap it up. Looks like those nutty conspiracy lovers were right. Dubya himself admitted it. Funny thing how the EU "investigation" didn't find any evidence of the prisons or renditions, CIA flights etc. What a load of crap.

I wonder why he didn't come out and say: Yes, we lied to you about those prisons, they really exists. But then we allowed to lie because we are the government.

mod edit to use external quote code, please review this link

[edit on 6-9-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

[edit on 6-9-2006 by mf2hd]

[edit on 6-9-2006 by mf2hd]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
A thread has been started to make comments about this new admission:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

United Press International

BRUSSELS, Nov. 15 (UPI) -- Just when the United States thought the transatlantic row over possible Central Intelligence Agency terrorist detention camps in Europe had blown over, the European Parliament followed the Council of Europe's decision to launch an investigation into the allegations by holding a rowdy debate on the issue Monday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Even More Heat coming from the Europe.
Actually some Pressure on Pentagon & CIA this time.

Heads up, Souljah.
That EU investigation turned up 'nil', nada, not a dern thing.

seekerof

Wow now didnt the truth finally turn up when Bush announced it was true. How do you feel now? Still supporting Bush ?

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I would just LOVE to see mister Seekerof talk his way outta this one.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Bush is lying to cover up the fact that those prisons are in the USA and those arabs are getting the 's###' kicked outta them for info - Damn this just gets worse and worse as the years go by.

Snatch squads and dirty dank torture chambers run by the US of A.

I never thought i would live to see the day.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 04:58 AM
link   

nor the Ministry of Defence for ordering and executing such Methods.

And nethier can anyone stop any service, branch ,government, group, cell, single person or country from executing such methods.

One question I'd like to ask souljah, if you wouldnt mind answering it...What do you have to say about the two british soldiers captured and executed in iraq in march 3 years ago?

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
What do you have to say about the two british soldiers captured and executed in iraq in march 3 years ago?

War is Hell my Friend...

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I wonder if there are secret prisons in the US? I don't think there is because there would be a huge outcry if a leak was let out by Congress and the Senate and Supreme Court saying "they are going against the constitution" and people would say the Executive Branch is a dictatorship, bla bla. I think there would be way too much to lose for the Administration.

Now that I said that: Why are you guys so surprised? Do you really think all these governments are above doing this to get information?

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   

So to wrap it up. Looks like those nutty conspiracy lovers were right. Dubya himself admitted it. Funny thing how the EU "investigation" didn't find any evidence of the prisons or renditions, CIA flights etc. What a load of crap.

Well... I guess it goes to show that those "conspiracy nuts" aint always wrong. Believe me, this will not be the last time... And Im sorry, there is no "spinning" this. We have won. Period. Chances are, someone was about the blow the lid right off of this, and the goverment decided to fess up before the person could get the word out.

Remember Remember the 11th of September

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   

War is Hell my Friend...

Yet you complain about the other side commiting acts on the same scale and worse?

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

War is Hell my Friend...

Yet you complain about the other side commiting acts on the same scale and worse?

Isn't that so ironic how 2 faced and hypocritical some people are

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join