It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Australia Cites "Immediate Terror Threat" To Push Through Terror Laws

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Whats the use of gripping and complaining????

The Mayor of New Orleans kind-a had it right when he told the Govt and FEMA to .... 'Get off your asses and fix the problem ..... blah blah blah"

Johney's going to change the law unless ALL of Australia get off there ass's and say Bloody NO way mate !!!!

Dont just cry about it. Get off ya fat arses and hit the streets

Or are the Aussies just Bitching Moaning Complainers???

Yeah ..... I know ..... there will be heaps of posts on what I just said .......

I just wanna see Aussies Standing Up For Themselves ...... AND MAKIN A FIGHT OF IT !!!!

Rember Tobruk!
Remember Malaya
Remember The Kokoda Trail
Remember the ANZACS!!!!

DONT BLOODY COMPLAIN ABOUT IT ........ DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Remember the sacrifices your Great Grand Dad made at LONE PINE? or where ever?

Go to your street corner .... make a sign ...... make some noise .... ring ya neighbors ..... mobilise ya mates. Get out on the streets and let the WORLD HEAR YA ROAR!!!!! YOUVE ONLY GOT A FEW HOURS LEFT!!!! DO IT YA BASTARDS ..... JUST DO IT!!!

OR ARE YOU ALL A BUNCH OF GIRLS????

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by USAF6933
Why is it so hard to believe that there actually is an immediate terror threat to Australia? How quickly you people forget that in one recently released Al Qaeda tape they directly threaten to attack Australia because they are a staunch US ally. I doubt Howard needed this to pass those laws because I'm sure they would have passed through as soon as possible anyway so they would just be following suit of their biggest allies US and Britain. It has been made perfectly clear in the London and Madrid attacks that AlQaeda not only targets America, but their allies as well. Its easy to read the article and say that PM Howard used this threat for political reasons, but that doesn't mean the terror threat is not genuine.

Oh yeah that conveniently released tape that got these laws bought to the forefront in the first place.

You say you people, can you narrow that down and define that for me? Who is You People.

And furthermore even the chief minister of the ACT thinks the whole thing is convenient and stinks and that is because it does. call me cynical but as previously stated the only "terrorists" i see is our Government and the other "allied" force governments.

and if you really think that throwing one tape at us is evidence when "we people" have spent weeks discussing the finer points of said tape and already questioned it's authenticity, then you are mistaken.

[edit on 2-11-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Somw interesting and bizarre comments of Mayet, Ox etc. You seem to think everything is a conspiracy with the government behind it - you seem like the character from Mel Gibson's movie conspiracy theory
Anyway, what if the threat were real, what if there was an attack ? Would you still be piping the same tune ?
It is thinking like yours of people back in 1940 who thought the Nazi death camps were BS. It only took 5 years for the truth to come out, but how many millions of people died because people like yoursleves buried your heads in the sand

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   
ahh rogue rogue rogue

you see me as mel Gibson, why thank you but his jockstrap doesn't quite fit. and the funny thing about the movie you quoted as an argument is, the kicker...he was right.... it was a conspiracy.....

and the funny thing about the jews and the death camps...the jews were warned...they were warned by people like me who didn't quite believe the assurances that it wouldn't happen to them. The people went about their lives thinking that no way could it happen to them.... guess what....they lied, it happened.....they went to the death camps....

next if a terrorist bombing did happen to occur I would STILL yell just as loud as I am now. and one reason is I believe this whole thing is a farce and yes a CONSPIRACY.

If a terrorist bombing did occur I am afraid I would be wondering about it's soucre and reason and yes I would suspect the government may have had a hand in it somehow, whether to just let one occur, infiltrate and make one occur or just do it.....

See and I could be that paranoid that I could suspect you and other people who so vehemently support the taking of our freedoms may just be plants, government spies and infiltraters designed to post misinformation and debunking and ridiculing.

I could because I can and do you know why I can...because I have a free mind and the ability not to swallow food put in front of me if I don't like it. I can say no and push the plate away. And if I am forced to eat it I can go and purge it from my body easily.

The one thing the government will never take from me is my mind and my free thought because once they take that, I will no longer be here.

I could throw the jackboot back onto your foot and ask why you don't see any other side than the angle dished up to you. Is it because he is our prime minster and he has got an honest face...geez with eyebrows like that..oh and newsflash...politicians are not always known for honesty.....

oh yeah before you hit that reply with more fire and brimstone...... I said COULD

[edit on 3-11-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Camel

Whats the use of gripping and complaining????

Well gripping is quite useful for holding on to things...

Originally posted by The_CamelDont just cry about it. Get off ya fat arses and hit the streets

You mean like this:

taken two weeks ago at a rally to defend civil liberties in Melbourne.

Rember Tobruk!
Remember Malaya
Remember The Kokoda Trail
Remember the ANZACS!!!!

too bloody right mate.
and remember East Timor
and remember West Papua

DONT BLOODY COMPLAIN ABOUT IT ........ DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!

I agree, with one modification:
BLOODY COMPLAIN ABOUT IT ........ DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!

I really think the posting here is as much to inform others around the world as to what's going on down under, not just as a place to vent about it.

But anyway, John Howard, P.M of Australia! YOU!ME!CARPARK!NOW!!

News reports today are saying the "specific threat" received was one of an attack being planned, not being "imminent". The attorney-general went on t.v last night after the "specific threat" was announced, and when asked why the security level for Australia hadn't been raised, he replied that a "specific threat" would be required to do that. Welcome to doublespeak. Oceania has always been at war with East Asia. fnord.

[edit on 3-11-2005 by fingapointa]

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Blokes World...................................

I read that line out to everyone in the room fingapointa and the whole room yelled Blokes world and just cracked up

so true... can you imagine it though.

take a look at the pic that the news feeds are placing with this article...if that doesn't scare you nothing will...i can see the association between this pic and new laws...not...I'm sure I saw it used for bird flu news last week

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet
Blokes World...................................

I read that line out to everyone in the room fingapointa and the whole room yelled Blokes world and just cracked up

so true... can you imagine it though.

take a look at the pic that the news feeds are placing with this article...if that doesn't scare you nothing will...i can see the association between this pic and new laws...not...I'm sure I saw it used for bird flu news last week

Nice one, I like a laugh

Yeah, maybe the headline should've read: "Coming to a neighbourhood near you"...

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Oh yeah that conveniently released tape that got these laws bought to the forefront in the first place.

You say you people, can you narrow that down and define that for me? Who is You People.

And furthermore even the chief minister of the ACT thinks the whole thing is convenient and stinks and that is because it does. call me cynical but as previously stated the only "terrorists" i see is our Government and the other "allied" force governments.

and if you really think that throwing one tape at us is evidence when "we people" have spent weeks discussing the finer points of said tape and already questioned it's authenticity, then you are mistaken.
[edit on 2-11-2005 by Mayet]

By saying you people I meant all the people who think everything is a conspiracy and wouldn't know the truth if it jumped up and bit them in the butt. The tape was authentic and specifically mentioned Australia. The person who made the tape has made other tapes in the past that were proven to be authentic and he also happens to be on the FBI's most wanted list. I can't believe some people are dumb enough to think its far fetched that Al Qaeda threatened one the US's closest allies especially considering their wing in Asia just hit Indonesia again. Wake up people. Are you in an Australian intel agency? If not then how the hell would you know if this was fake? Gazing into your crystal ball doesn't count.
And to the other poster. The Madrid bombings was Al Qaeda. Spain has arrested numerous Al Qaeda operatives since the bombings. ETA might have helped but it was still Al Qaeda.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Yes the timing on this announcement is INCREADABLY convenient for this legislation to pass...........

wonder if this article can shed any light on things?

Sydney Bomb Threats : A hoax

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Aldous Huxley's Brave New Australia will roll over and take this reeeeaaal easy like. The States and the UK needed actual terror attacks and resultant deaths in order to make the people accept legislation which infringed on their civil rights. Australia just needs a possible shadow of a maybe potentially imminent but not really threatening terror threat kind of sorta ya know, and tada! the laws will be passed.

Still, I don't think JH is gutsy enough to do any false flag ops on Australian soil. That's why we have Bali.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by USAF6933

By saying you people I meant all the people who think everything is a conspiracy and wouldn't know the truth if it jumped up and bit them in the butt. The tape was authentic and specifically mentioned Australia. The person who made the tape has made other tapes in the past that were proven to be authentic and he also happens to be on the FBI's most wanted list.
Wake up people. Are you in an Australian intel agency? If not then how the hell would you know if this was fake? Gazing into your crystal ball doesn't count.

Hahahah if i was intel I would been sacked or disappearded long ago.

Hunny how do you KNOW its real. How do you KNOW its authentic. Or are you the intel agency you accused me of being.

Oh sorry thats right you read it in a newspaper... please open your own eyes before you go around sprouting about mine. and careful what you also sprout about truth jumping up and biting my butt, I would be covering your lily whites real quick if I was you.

I still am shaking my head...tape authentic.... hahahahahahaha

your a forensic scientist then, you have degrees? *sigh.. or once again did you just read it in the newspaper......

and lastly I can't gaze into my crstal ball ....its a multi facted one with twists and turns not unlike this story.........unfortunately you can only see the story you are being fed.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 05:41 AM
link   
LOL, it's amazing some of you people can walk out doors in case the government may perofrm some act of terror near you LMAO.
I find it absolutely laughable that all these ' free thinkers ' have all these paranoid delusions with NO fact whatsoever.
It's interesting, it's mostly the little people who bitch and complain about everything, often without giving any though to it. Or maybe it's just people who think the X-files are reality - eh Mayet

Anyway, Kim Beazley was breifed as well and has thrown his full support behind the government measures. Kind of interesting considering how the opposition is at the governments throat about industrial relations laws.
So MAyet are you now going to continue with your paranoia and claim that Kim Beazley and JH are in cahoots together - what's next ? Bob Brown is really a government plant ? LOL

I'm sure you'll come to that conclusion soon enough

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1

I find it absolutely laughable that all these ' free thinkers ' have all these paranoid delusions with NO fact whatsoever.

Doubleplusgood brother. students for orwell would LOVE you....by the way, what are your "facts", and where are they?

It's interesting, it's mostly the little people who bitch and complain about everything, often without giving any though to it. Or maybe it's just people who think the X-files are reality - eh Mayet

need I say more?

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by fingapointa

need I say more?

Ouch LOL. So what is the point you're trying to make ? That she has posted more articles ? and that means what ? your intelligence increases with every article.
Or are you trying to say the more articles someone posts the more paranoid they're getting ?
I fail to see the bearing on the thread ?

Need you say more ? I think so, explain yourself

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   
students for an orwellian society

look at that and then come back and snarl at me

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   

LOL, it's amazing some of you people can walk out doors in case the government may perofrm some act of terror near you LMAO.

Anyway, Kim Beazley was breifed as well and has thrown his full support behind the government measures. Kind of interesting considering how the opposition is at the governments throat about industrial relations laws.
So MAyet are you now going to continue with your paranoia and claim that Kim Beazley and JH are in cahoots together - what's next ? Bob Brown is really a government plant ? LOL

I'm sure you'll come to that conclusion soon enough

If you read any threads here on ATS on bi partisanship you would maybe open you eyes to the fact that the left and right are both hands on the same body.

Kim Beasley, may be a nice dude but he is no leader. Bob Brown..... As far as pollie go Bob Brown has done wonderfully to keep the reality check through the years and geez look how long his been there. I dont agree with all off bobbys theories by any means but at least the greens and democrats are saying hay wait a minute here. Plant? hey now that you mention it I remember years ago at a lights on mororbike rally in canberra at paliament house a few rumours were going around bout Mr Brown....

In order for one to be a pollie and stay in power as long as the three you said above, then one has to be looked at for suspect decisions over the years that have compromised their principles and changed stance on subject due to political alignments..i mean whos gonna want to be ridiculed like ole barnaby eh... I bet barnaby wont get no front bench position for a few years yet.....

What I am saying is the whole political system stinks

you have a house - liberal, you have a senate- liberal and you have the only check in place with the power to sack these liberals, the governor general= appointed to the position by those same liberals.

Then those liberals turn over most of the great legislation put in place by prior governments over the years...uranium mining....a biggie, the people said no, the NT said no so the fed liberals took over, marched in and took over the terrortories role.... and don't forget telstra, a public asset being sold off that no one wants sold go survey people find out genreral opnion from all walks of life.... and the new terror laws and the rest of the farces of australian politics at the moment

Governments should not be allowed to overturn any current legislslation in place except by voter referendum

and before you sprout on and tell me how much a referendum would cost for these things all the time, I will just rmind you of the liberals current spending on the IR reforms in the media campaign they have got going to sell it to the people...how many million...

Wheres the checks, where is the accountability..... and where does the line get drawn between doing what you as a prime minsters thinks is best for the new world order, or doing what the people want...the people remember them thats not just the rich, thats everyone....

oh and that paranoia you call it, I call a healthy cynicism and a healthy eye opening awareness of things. Paranoia I havent got..passed that test with flying colours......no 'issues here"

Only issue is ...well see my avatar, thats my issue in life.....

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ox
There are only two things to stop "terrorism"
1. Remove Bush and his cronies from office..
End the war in Iraq..

Yeah, right. The radical muslim terrorists attacked
all over the world BEFORE G.W. Bush was in office. They'll
attack all over the world long after he's gone from office.
The only thing his presence in office is doing in regard to
terrorism is that it is scaring the hell out of the terrorists
and is disrupting, and/or temporarily stopping, their
murderous terrorist operations.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This is only for us paranoid people- check out this mornings SMH:
Sydney Morning Herald News
Quote:
Mr Howard's revelation of the threat, on which he briefed the NSW and Victorian premiers, Morris Iemma and Steve Bracks, did, however, swing the states behind his whole package of controversial counter-terrorism laws, including preventive detention and control orders.
So much for our conspiracy - about the goverments conspicracy that a terror attack will be happening on australia.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join