It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blunkett resigns from the Cabinet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 04:36 AM
link   
news has just come in that David Blunkett has just Resigned.
It is the second time Mr Blunkett has had to quit the Cabinet, resigning as home secretary in December 2004.

news.bbc.co.uk
Work and Pensions Secretary David Blunkett has resigned after a meeting with Tony Blair in Downing Street.
Mr Blunkett had been under pressure after breaking the ministerial code of conduct over paid work he took while he was out of Cabinet.

Downing Street had been standing by Mr Blunkett's ability to continue in his job, despite making a "mistake".

It is the second time Mr Blunkett has had to quit the Cabinet, resigning as home secretary in December 2004.

At the centre of the controversy was Mr Blunkett's two-week directorship of DNA Bioscience before May's election, while he was out of the Cabinet.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

this is the second time he had to leave his job because of impliactions whith fast tracking visa's and now, breaking the ministerial code of conduct over paid work he took while he was out of Cabinet.

[edit on 11/15/05 by FredT]

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Work and Pensions Secretary David Blunkett has insisted he will not resign, telling The Star newspaper in Sheffield: "I have done nothing wrong."

I saw Mr. Blunkett on television saying he wasn't going to quit. I didn't think he would actually go through with it. I wonder if he cracked under the pressure?

For those who don't know, his second 'mistake' (as they are calling it) was this:

Letters show he was warned three times to seek advice about taking jobs while out of Cabinet, but failed to do so.

The Tories have written to Tony Blair after it emerged Mr Blunkett took a third job without seeking advice.

Talk about your moonlighting!

news.bbc.co.uk...
news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 2-11-2005 by nikelbee]

new topics

join