It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thirst for blood?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I know someone who claims to have a thirst for blood. I was wondering whether there are any scientific explanations that could prove this to be something like Anemia (sp?) and not be related to Vampirism or the such like.

I was thinking if the body is lacking something, ie.e iron, then isn't it only natural for the body to demand it?

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I know I've heard of this...just can't recall the name... There is a medical condition that can cause this, and also relates to getting rashes from intense ultraviolet rays (or sunlight) and a host of other symptoms...starts with a P, but can't remember much more than that...sorry. If nobody else bothers, I'll try and look it up soon....

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Thanks Gazrock, (and congrats on the marriage
)

I found that it is Porphyria that some can suffer.

I did find a site www.drinkdeeplyanddream.com...

Just seems like modern Vampiirism is based on someone who has a fetish for blood and is scared of light.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 06:44 AM
link   
How about mental illness?

It is possible to have deficiencies in one's blood but blood would be a terrible food for humans.

What is it with these people anyways?

Are they so desparate to be cool or belong to something that they have to resort to this?

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
How about mental illness?

It is possible to have deficiencies in one's blood but blood would be a terrible food for humans.

What is it with these people anyways?

Are they so desparate to be cool or belong to something that they have to resort to this?

I agree. Blood would hold no benefits for the Human Body. My friend says that it completly satisfies the thirst. It has NO nutritional benefits! Even if it did wouldn't mean that the the persons blood and the consumed blood have to mix? Isn't this just a stupid way of getting AIDS?

It must be psychological.

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrEisenhower
Thanks Gazrock, (and congrats on the marriage
)

I found that it is Porphyria that some can suffer.

I did find a site www.drinkdeeplyanddream.com...

you beat me to drink deeply and dream. I was just going to post it. and if someone has a craving for blood, it's most likely psychological. anemia can cause some weird stuff, but I'm not aware of anyone craving blood because of it.

top topics

join