It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leave David Blaine alone!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Knock back a pint of KY bourbon, then tell me its weakened piss..

If thats too weak for ya, try a couple jolts of 190 proof grain alcohol...If you try it, I must warn you its extremely flamable and explosive "weakened piss" so until you lose consciousness, (about 5 minutes) don't expose yourself to open flame ?

When it comes to beer, I really don't think either coutry can make claim to the best. Germany is the country for beer but when you want the hard stuff nobody makes it like the USA.

And if that still isn't good enough for ya, I could perhaps procure a quart of homemade white lightening.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 11:56 AM
link   
how bout this:

1)since we (me n major) both live with the most highly advanced capitalist system in the world, id say we have more choices in terms of beers than any other country. matter of fact, i just drank a becks and it was delicious. just cause we live in america doesnt mean we have to drink amercan beer. Bud is a pretty bad beer, but natty light is damn good. you can get a case of 24 for 11 bucks. 24 is enough to get anyone sloshed. that brings me to point 2.

2) strong economy means you can get beers cheap. which is why we can drink anyone else under the table, we have to drink so much to get a good buzz going, and we can drink as much as we want cause our money goes a long way

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep

If thats too weak for ya, try a couple jolts of 190 proof grain alcohol...If you try it, I must warn you its extremely flamable and explosive "weakened piss" so until you lose consciousness, (about 5 minutes) don't expose yourself to open flame ?

When it comes to beer, I really don't think either coutry can make claim to the best. Germany is the country for beer but when you want the hard stuff nobody makes it like the USA.

And if that still isn't good enough for ya, I could perhaps procure a quart of homemade white lightening.

The first serious bit of alcohol I ever tried was 190 proof grain straight out of the bottle in hi-school on a dare. (I was the tuff guy). Thing is, I didn't know what I was drinking.

It was like drinking fire. After I finished a third of the bottle. I spat out the rest. Everybody was shocked and scared. I just thought it was nasty. I gave the bottle to my football teammates and went to the car. I stumbled a bit and wondered, "Why the hell did I stumble?"

That's all I remember.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep

The first serious bit of alcohol I ever tried was 190 proof grain straight out of the bottle in hi-school on a dare. (I was the tuff guy). Thing is, I didn't know what I was drinking.

It was like drinking fire. After I finished a third of the bottle. I spat out the rest. Everybody was shocked and scared. I just thought it was nasty. I gave the bottle to my football teammates and went to the car. I stumbled a bit and wondered, "Why the hell did I stumble?"

That's all I remember.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite
how bout this:

1)since we (me n major) both live with the most highly advanced capitalist system in the world, id say we have more choices in terms of beers than any other country. matter of fact, i just drank a becks and it was delicious. just cause we live in america doesnt mean we have to drink amercan beer. Bud is a pretty bad beer, but natty light is damn good. you can get a case of 24 for 11 bucks. 24 is enough to get anyone sloshed. that brings me to point 2.

2) strong economy means you can get beers cheap. which is why we can drink anyone else under the table, we have to drink so much to get a good buzz going, and we can drink as much as we want cause our money goes a long way

So, you drink Becks. Oooh, I'm moist. But , heineken dark beats it. Tehn, again, we always have the American Michelob black& tan that trumps all.

Sorry? What? What'd you say?

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I think that every single person that is being aggresive towards David Blaine is a complete idiot, a Hyena, a prick. I don't like David Blaine, he's a twat too, but I can imagine what he feels like......having all that baseless hate thrown at him is seriously depressing for him. It's sickening.

Also, I notice beer is popping up in this thread......well, Europe kicks ass when it comes to beer - Oranjeboom and Grolsch are the best. But Heineken is also good, closely followed by Carlsberg, Kronenburg 1664 and Stella Artois (which tastes a little too metaly sometimes.),

The avoidable beers are Carling, Hoffmeister, anything under 50p a Can, and Fosters.

Budweiser is a very average beer.......not too bad but not too good.

Go beer!

Oranjeboom is the king

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 02:45 PM
link   
quote by major And you call American beer piss? Is that why Bud is the King of Beers on the planet? I just need to know.

If America is such a free country major, then why is it that corporate companies like Budweiser, McDonalds are allowed to make false-hood claims like Budweiser is the king of all beers or McDonalds are the best. I feel, major, you have fallen for the subliminal messages, these companies thrive on it, as it appears no one else has agreed with you

I personally am a cider man, there�s nothing better than a proper farmed cider to get your room spinning.1 litre will get you drunk 2 litres will get you wasted.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Colonel,

Just because you can turn the bottlecap upside down to make it look like a crown doesn't mean that Budweiser is the "king of beers". Infact, the pigs piss you drink isn't even real Budweiser anyway. The real stuff is brewed in the Czech Republic.
www.bottledbeer.co.uk...
Notice that Czech Budwieser has been around centuries longer than the American cheap rip off.

American beer is by far inferior to just about anything Europe has to offer. Try some of these, and then see what you think of your beloved Bud...

Hoegaarden
Schneider Weiss
San Miguel
Jenlain
Leffe
Hobgoblin Ale
Kronenburg 1664
McEwan's Export

And maybe when you're a big boy you'll be ready to try some real Scotch Whiskey...

Leveller, I'm with you on the cider
. The best you can get is Brewed in Northern France - Brittany and Normandy. Swedish cider is also worth a try.

[Edited on 18-9-2003 by CiderGood_HeadacheBad]

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 03:02 PM
link   
personal i need at least 3 litres and then thats nicely toasted. but bck to david blaine thing i think the best one so far is someone using a remote controlled helicopter to fly burgers around his box LOL

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I say keep throwing stuff at him. maybe it'll convince him that he should go back to magic instead of attention whoring like he is now.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 03:06 PM
link   
OK, let's get something straight here.
Budweiser is piss. It's nowhere near the "King of Beers".
This does not mean that all American beer is Budweiser.
If you want a GOOD American beer look no further than Sam Adams. Especially some of the seasonals. Octoberfest is my personal favorite with Summer Ale coming in a close second.
I'm not knocking european beers either. Harp, Guinness, Newcastle and Bass are some of my absolute favorites but with Newcastle going for almost $10 a six pack I don't indulge in it all that often.

Just don't want anyone to think that all of us Americans have such bad taste as to drink Pudweiser and eat McCrap.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 03:21 PM
link   
You, my good man, are TOO FEWKIN' FUNNY! I have laughed my ass off reading your commentary...

THanks.

M...

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2
OK, let's get something straight here.
Budweiser is piss. It's nowhere near the "King of Beers".
This does not mean that all American beer is Budweiser.
If you want a GOOD American beer look no further than Sam Adams. Especially some of the seasonals. Octoberfest is my personal favorite with Summer Ale coming in a close second.
I'm not knocking european beers either. Harp, Guinness, Newcastle and Bass are some of my absolute favorites but with Newcastle going for almost $10 a six pack I don't indulge in it all that often.

Just don't want anyone to think that all of us Americans have such bad taste as to drink Pudweiser and eat McCrap.

Oh, please. When I want a "flavored" drink, I go to 7-11 for a "rasberry" slurpee. What's next chocolate flavored beer?

And to Leveller. Who the hell drinks warm beer but you Brits? Might as well just piss into a cup after 7 rounds---its the same thing.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   
And I know none of you have tried Budweiser "Select."
What? You didn't know about that? You better get with the program and ask somebody.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 04:48 PM
link   
We don't drink warm beer and never have. It's a myth. You are thinking of ale and mead from about 200 years ago.

We make fun of blaine because he's a freaky, self-absorbed guy. His shows are mostly moronic and the audience is mostly intellectually challenged (when it's not a stand-in to make his pathetic trick work).

I mean let's see did he

A) Actually make the card go through the glass window

or

B) have somebody plant it there?

I think the answer is obvious, but crowds of you guys seem to believe it's real (and the flying, that's pathetic)

No offense, guys, but he really is a very silly man. Some of his close-up magic is ok, and you have to admire the lengths he will go to to get noticed, but it is really lame in places.

Now Penn and Teller, they are good.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 04:49 PM
link   
david blaine's an attention whore.
If i was there i'd lug a happy meal in his face.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Oh, and i hate to break it to the colonel,
but budwiser is like making love in a canoe.
It's #ing close to water.

Although my choice is guinness, there are some really good american beers. none of which is mass produced or seen on the hood of a nascar.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Penn and Teller were fantastic...I miss them guys.

But, I repeat, David Blaine is a twat, but I still don't thik he deserves that, no one does......except for those who do it.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The general senseless abuse is bad, it's true. I feel sorry for him and a bit ashamed for the UK.

However, I do find the helicopter/burger and the guy on the bridge shooting golf balls amusing *giggles* I wish I'd thought of it.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I think the Hamburger/helicopter thing and stuff like that is pretty funny, but the constant rock, egg throwing and verbal abuse is nasty. Thats undeserved, the burgers and hot dog stands are just funny

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join