It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do dummies still work in countersniper?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   

i dont know if the method still works...if i was a sniper and i see somthing like dis i would expect to see its face. not completely covered. however if u put goggles on it then it may force me to take the shot.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Certain situations lend themselves well to the use of dummies as a countersniper tool. Indeed, I taught countersniping to a certain friendly foreign government force in 2001, and dummies were still on the curriculum.

Dummies are particularly useful in areas where the enemy are using weapons with iron sights, where the target is not seen in great detail. This also goes for areas where the enemy are at great distance. Note that in Iraq the majority of 'sniping' incidents are in reality some nut behind the butt of an AK who decides he is going to take a few pot shots at the local battalion. This individual is likely to shoot at anything that moves in his line of sight. A dummy can make it alot easier to ID and wipe out such an embuggerance.

The thing that worries me about this picture is that the dummy is not wearing army-style clothing. It looks more like a journalist or other civvy. The dummy should bear a resemblance to the most likely intended target if it is to be effective. This is indeed a cr@p dummy. It should at least be wearing a floppy hat.

[edit on 2-11-2005 by PaddyInf]

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
They should make a realistic looking latex face for it

new topics

join