It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TRUE LOVE

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I am going to post something here that I otherwise would NEVER DO... (NOT that naybody gives a # but, you know...)

TRUE LOVE is...

When you absolutely care MORE about someone than you do yourself...

When NO MATTER what happens or how BAD it messes YOU up you can't stop thinking about HER...(him for the ladies)...

When WHATEVER you have is expendable as long as it helps HER...

When YOU are willing to change YOUR situation for HER...(him for the ladies), NO QUESTIONS ASKED/NO "DEALS" made, NO DEALS expected... YOU simply CAN NOT LIVE without HER...(him for the ladies)...

When you catch yourself doing the FIRST TRULY SELFLESS ACT OF YOUR LIFE and you REJOICE in it...

When you KNOW you are EXACTLY one HALF of a whole person unless SHE...(HE for the ladies) is IN your life...

Just a few...

PEACE...
m...

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 10:44 PM
link   
True Love is to rejoice in your partners aura and meditate in thier love.
I once ( a month and a half ago) had a true love, but she left me, so here I am, confused on the sanity of love and my heart.
I cant describe what it meant to be with her, it was absolute nirvana.
Deep

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 10:45 PM
link   
What's the different between True Love and True Devotion, then?

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   
... Don't know and DON'T care! Beyond the obvious "Sex" thing I wouldn't think there was one...

PEACE...
m...

arc

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Sorry to be an old cynic but that definition scares the crap out of me. If someone felt that way towards me I'd think they had no sense of self and were downright obsessive

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I agree with your definition, but only to a point.
You may be right about the emotion.

But to me True Love is when you can feel that emotion about every other person on the planet.
Not just one other.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 11:17 AM
link   
True love is the greatest thing in the world; except for a nice MLT - Mutton, lettuce and tomato sandwich - when the Mutton is nice and lean, and the tomato's ripe. They're so perky.

Originally posted by ktprktpr
What's the different between True Love and True Devotion, then?

True devotion is an inevitable side effect of TRUE love.

Originally posted by Springer
TRUE LOVE is...
When you absolutely care MORE about someone than you do yourself...

It is so nice to know that there are a few people out there that still believe in true love.
One of the things that makes me the saddest, when I look at the people around me, is that they have all given up on finding real, true love. No one else I know believes in finding the "One" anymore. If they'd stop trying to make the guy or girl that the world says they should have, and start trusting their hearts a little more, maybe the idea of sharing, REALLY sharing, their lives with someone wouldn't be so frightening.

My boyfriend (MojoM) and I went thru alot before we found each other again (we dated briefly in H.S.). I never could shake the feeling completely that we were meant to reunite at some point in our lives, I just didn't know when or how. Finally, circumstances allowed me to follow my heart & find him. From the 1st night that we met, again, we knew this was it!! In 4 years we have not had a single angry fight. There has not been a single day that I have not wanted to wake up to him. I have loved him since I was 16 years old and to lose him would be to separate me from my heart.

Many great people have fought impossible odds, conquered kingdoms, gone mad, & sacrificed everything just for a chance to be with the one's they truly loved. In my opinion, love is the only thing on the planet that can destroy all of the greed and pain that is ruining it. Ultimately, love is the most powerful force that we have within us.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 11:23 AM
link   

True love is the greatest thing in the world; except for a nice MLT - Mutton, lettuce and tomato sandwich - when the Mutton is nice and lean, and the tomato's ripe. They're so perky.

Wuv....true wuv...will fwallow you....fowever...and....

Seriously Springer, excellent post....

Right now, I just found out it's going to cost $2000 to get my car fixed and I'm rather livid...but I'm going to fib to her, and tell her they don't know yet, just so I don't ruin her day at work....

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   
True love is the one thing that stopped me from becoming an alcoholic and probably dying young. Go love

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Wuv....true wuv...will fwallow you....fowever...and....

Ahh shut up and skip that part. LOL love that movie gaz.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Interesting post, interesting reactions.

I will comment not at all, except for wishing happiness to each, and recovery from co-dependency where it will lead you to greater fulfillment.

Originally posted by jezebel
In my opinion, love is the only thing on the planet that can destroy all of the greed and pain that is ruining it. Ultimately, love is the most powerful force that we have within us.

This is a very worthy sentiment, and I ask:

* Can love be a 'destructive' force as here suggested?

* Hate has many powerful weapons, for it has weapons that can be used to kill, and kill one or tens of millions at once. What weapons does love have to defend against this, without being soppy about it?

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   
True love is something that I have yet to experienced and probably never will...hahaaaa

[Edited on 18-9-2003 by damefool]

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 06:04 PM
link   
hmm. can't say I've experienced love in that way. familial love, of course, friendship love I've been lucky enough to have, but not the full-on romantic love. maybe eventually.

(this darn thread has Burt Bacharach's "what the world needs now is love" stuck in my head :p)

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 06:05 PM
link   
A quote which suits me quite well.

"Is love a tender thing? It is too rough,
too rude, too boisterous; and it pricks like
thorn."

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 06:09 PM
link   
You can only understand how bad love hurts after you have experienced true love.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I tell you, Love solves a lot of problems, even though it makes a few, it's worth it. My advice is don't look for love, let love look for you, thats how I found it anyway

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
This is a very worthy sentiment, and I ask:
* Can love be a 'destructive' force as here suggested?
* Hate has many powerful weapons, for it has weapons that can be used to kill, and kill one or tens of millions at once. What weapons does love have to defend against this, without being soppy about it?

Love cannot be destructive in a literal sense. The way that it can "destroy" hate is by replacing it. Hate and real love cannot exist TOGETHER. Hate attacks love with violence, pain, and/or oppression. It relies on fear and lies. Something we are all susceptible to, unfortunately.

Love, in the presence of hate, acts like a sponge. It will absorb hateful words and actions and respond thru example.

Love will always demonstrate peace, compassion, understanding, and selflessness. Even if it means giving up it's own life. It cannot react with violence or any other tactic used by hate. It prevails because, while people may be hateful adults/adolescents, they are a manifestation of pure love and innocence at birth. We are born with our only emotional need being love, and are taught to hate. We learn to hate as protection against pain or because of lies wrought by people we trust. Since love is inborn and hate is learned, humans (and animals) will trade in their hate, once they realize that the love being offered is true and can be trusted. Depending on the depth to which love has been suppressed or warped, this may take a lifetime to accept, but, if it really is true and unconditional, love will reclaim power in the end.

We have done so much damage to each other throughout history, we've forgotten how to love even ourselves. If we can't even recognize that we are each worthy of another's love, how can we really feel and/or share love with anyone else? There are very few people left who can serve as an example for the rest of us. That's why Mother Theresa stood out so much. She was a true testament to the power of unconditional, NONJUDGMENTAL, love.

Even Bush would have a difficult time bombing a country who's people only reacted to his lies with love. No matter how much oil they had.

On relationships:

Love is often confused with lust, obsession, and infatuation. People often think that they are acting out of love for someone, but, unless it's done in their best interest and without the desire for personal gain/recognition, it is not a pure an act of love. Someone obsessed with someone else, to the point of infringing upon their life or happiness, has forgotten (or never learned) what real love is. They have disregarded the other person's happiness to satisfy a personal desire.

The loss of one's individuality in a relationship is not a factor, if those involved are truly in love,since each person involved would always act with their partner's happiness in mind. Neither would have to fear the other doing something disrespectful or inconsiderate.

Despite the undeniable risk taken when we decide to trust our emotional well-being to another, I would rather die of a broken-heart, than die never having experienced the exhilaration and elation of sharing true love with someone. Ironically, only those who have experienced it, can understand this.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Love stink.

It always feel like "real love" at some part of the relationship, and it always end up like crap. (at least for me)

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I'm hoping that you're still young then? I know they say age doesn't matter for love...but they, are full of it. I could never have loved someone so deeply as I do my fiance, back when I was a teenager....

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 12:04 PM
link   
lurkinginthecorner.....

You said that u can only understand how bad love hurts, after u experience true love?

I tell u one thing...true love hurts even worse when its you who knows who he's betrayed u with!

It hurts because u probably trusted him, now he/she has ripped ur heart out, shredded ur soul into a million pieces...u feel like u can't eat or sleep..u can't concentrate, ur mood is so low that u just want to take those tablets or turn the gas on without lighting it....

Thats betrayal....

Just a quick thought from someone who knows how it feels!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join