It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is Senate Meeting in Closed Session?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Frist has called for a private session of Senate which means the room they meet in has to be debugged, all bills have to wait.
No Senators know what and it is shaking all the Congress.
All Senators are freaking on Fox now..
Details not clear, perhaps we should wait until it is over, I may have this all imcorrect..

[edit on 1-11-2005 by siriuslyone]

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I heard they want to talk about the bad "intelligence"
in other words, criminal intelligence gathering to suit the government's agenda.

Republicans are whinning.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I am a righter, but I was in awe of Trent and Bill in such bad moods..
Does this have to do w/ Rove or other issues?

mod edit to remove unnecessary quote on previous post

[edit on 1-11-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Frist didn't call for anything. He got bitchslaped.

"We're serving notice on [the majority] at this moment, be prepared for this motion everyday until you face the reality."

Rule 21 allows the minority to UNhijack the senate by the coverup cronies. It also gets Bush's damn bird flu fetish off the news for 5 minutes to talk about what's going on in the White House.

I have the opening remarks, but too long to post. I'll find a way to host.

[edit on 1-11-2005 by RANT]

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Frist didn't call for anything. He got bitchslaped.

"We're serving notice on [the majority] at this moment, be prepared for this motion everyday until you face the reality."

Rule 21 allows the minority to UNhijack the senate by the coverup cronies. It also gets Bush's damn bird flu fetish off the news for 5 minutes to talk about what's going on in the White House.

I have the opening remarks, but too long to post. I'll find a way to host.

I has it wrong about Frist, but he was saying it takes both parties to agree on closed session, not just one..
Please do post any updates..

Mod Edit: Fixed Quote.

[edit on 1/11/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 02:48 PM
link   
To answer your question; Scooter, Cheney, the war, BAD INTEL, who's going to be held accountable... you name it.

I knew it would happen.

Answers Answers or we WILL bitchslap!

Rule 21 Invoked by Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid; Dems Seek to Investigate Pre-War Intelligence, Libby Indictment; Frist: 'The United States Senate has been hijacked by the Democratic leadership'... Developing... Drudgereport.com

"

[edit on 1-11-2005 by dgtempe]

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Rule 21 US Senate
Session with Closed Doors
in part:

On a motion made and seconded to close the doors of the Senate, on the discussion of any business which may, in the opinion of a Senator, require secrecy, the Presiding Officer shall direct the galleries to be cleared; and during the discussion of such motion the doors shall remain closed.

Are you suggesting that this is in reponse to the Plame Debacle or the scAlito nomination?

Here's a link
Closed Door Session

“I demand on behalf of the America people that we understand why these investigations aren’t being conducted,” Democratic leader Harry Reid said.

“The United States Senate has been hijacked by the Democratic leadership,” said Majority Leader Bill Frist. “They have no convictions, they have no principles, they have no ideas,” the Republican leader said.

The public was ordered out of the chamber, the lights were dimmed, and the doors were closed

Oooooh, the lights are dimmmed, oooooooooh.

The report also connects it to the Plame episode.

[edit on 1-11-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
What a perfect fear/hate inducing line that is:

"Senate hijacked by Democrats"

People have been made afraid about terrorists and terrified about hijackings. Now the reps say the dems hijacked the senate.

The only thing people will hear is hijack and they'll go boooo democrats.

[edit on 1/11/05 by thematrix]

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I have the feeling that the minority that means the Democrats are going after Cheney and his ill planned war.

[edit on 1-11-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I have no idea, but I am not going to get baited into a political battle.
Time will tell on this, but it is a horrid time for the situation of this planet than for egoic battles to be going on.
Unless, they have been given the directive for dis-closure..
IMO,This would be the ONLY reason for the drama queens to close the Senate..

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Heh!!! You Yanks have no chance of getting a clearer picture from this closed session - senator or not.
Us Brits gave you the majority of the dodgy intelligence that you went to war on.

And we ain't telling anyone about it!!!

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The American people and the thousands of death in Iraq including our American soldier and their families has the right to know the truth about the Iraqi conflict.

The American public has the right to ask questions and to have straight answers.

Is about time the truth comes out, Cheney needs to be indicted.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Schumer just said something about the name calling. Yeah, that's bound to happen. He explained about how this is for the American people.

It's a good day to be alive! I feel like having a party!

Picture's worth a thousand words...

Senate Majority Leader Bill First, R-Tenn., talks to reporters on Capitol Hill Tuesday, Nov. 1, 2005, after Democrats forced the Republican-controlled Senate into an unusual closed session, questioning intelligence that President Bush used in the run-up to the war in Iraq and accusing Republicans of ignoring the issue. In the background are Sen. Rick Santorum, R-Pa., left, and Sen. Trent Lott, R-Miss. (AP Photo/Dennis Cook):

[edit on 1-11-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I feel this was a bold and needed move. This is the single most important issue facing our senate today. We have committed billions of dollars and thousands of lives to this conflict. If we were mislead in any way we have a right and a need to know.

The fact that it ticked off Frist so much just tells you how important it is. The only way the democrats can possibly redeem themselves in the eyes of voters is to hold the republicans to task for their decisions. If there is nothing there, we will know for sure. The new committee is 3 of each.

I love how the republican talking heads say this has to do with the scotus nomination. Guess they don't find 2000 dead americans reason enough to investigate.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
After a year and a half of nonsense, its time!!!

I'm proud to be an American today.

I certainly hope they carry this thru to the end.

Yes, BH, lets Party!!!!!

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by nativeokie
I love how the republican talking heads say this has to do with the scotus nomination.

I know! Like somebody wants to draw attention away from that! Why?

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
He, he, looks that the ones that are making the biggest fuss on the Democrats not other than the two worst of the Republican party cronies and indicted social club.

No wonder they are so vocal they are furious that they power trip at the expenses of the American people is coming to an end.

I was losing hope in the Democrat party to stand against the mess that the Republican leadership and the horde of cronies has done to our Nation.

But perhaps redemptions are near.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   

"The United States Senate has been hijacked by the Democratic leadership," said Majority Leader Bill Frist. "They have no convictions, they have no principles, they have no ideas," the Republican leader said.

And I suppose he and fellow republican's can't focus on the issue at hand, c'est le jeu de la déviation
buttmunchers.

Link

I also wonder if some of these democrats were watching newsnight with aaron brown last night on cnn

They did a show on pre war intelligence called "dead wrong"

Many CIA former employee's were blowing the horn on the faulty intelligence, aaron brown also snuck in the main point in the downing street memo that stated:

the intelligence and facts were being fixed around the policy.

[edit on 1-11-2005 by TrueLies]

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 05:12 PM
link   
ahhh.....it was so nice to come home from a hard days work to such an entertaining show!!!
wonder if they will have enough time now to cut the foodstamps and all those other "unnecessary" budget expenditures...

three points for the dems!!

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
It was a good day.

Now, the republicans will have to start "phase two" of the investigations to find out if the administation misued intel but they will control the output just like they did with "phase one"...while H.Reid's remarks are exciting and waaaaaay overdue! nothing is going to come of this. I hate to be the pessimistic liberal in this thread but I'll have to actually see our democrats hold feet to their fire before i jump out on the dance floor with yall.

Round one, FIGHT!

[edit on 1-11-2005 by Saphronia]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join