It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's President Calls For America's Destruction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
You wonder why we are fighting the WOT.

Read this article, it's a tranlation from Irans President

October 31, 2005 -- According to the transcript of Iranian President Ahmadinejad's speech at a recent anti-Israel conference in Tehran, which was translated and published by The New York Times, he predicted and called for the destruction of the United States.

www.prweb.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
WOW!

You know what this reminds me of, a shirt or more to the point what I saw on a shirt when I was in Jr. High School.
It showed a mouse plucking a feather off a Bald Eagle.
The caption read, " The Last Act of Defiance".
I think you get my point.
I am sure Iran's religious leader's, which are the same as their government leaders, would like to wipe the US of the face of the earth.
I am fairly certain, however, they do not want to commit mass suicide of all living in Iran and turn it into a glass bowl.
I believe ( I hope) Iran is not stupid enough to attack the US.
Honestly,(IMO) I think the most they would do is supply suicide bombers, equipment and training, to others to do their dirty work, that is attacking US/allied troops in the region.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
your title should include that the warning about the destruction of america is coming from an author who is promoting a novel he wrote that happens to be about Iran calling for the destruction of America.

Incidentally, I don't think his hatred of the US and Israel is any big secret so his calling for the destruction of Israel and the US is really nothing shocking.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
SIRR, there is nothing there from Iran's president; it merely mentions a translation that the NYT made of a speech.

Now if you can come to the link of the president's speech, rather than a story of a guy plugging his book....

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
your title should include that the warning about the destruction of america is coming from an author who is promoting a novel he wrote that happens to be about Iran calling for the destruction of America.

er:

which was translated and published by The New York Times

You're right tho, this is a PR website and a PR article for a book. What I'd like to see is the NYT article.

for the destruction of Israel and the US is really nothing shocking.

An act of war isn't shocking eh?

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   

You know what this reminds me of, a shirt or more to the point what I saw on a shirt when I was in Jr. High School.
I think you get my point.

Man, I have got to get me that T-Shirt, it is simply too funny.

Anyway Iran's president is just adding more fuel to the fire. I don't think calling for the destruction of Israel on one day, then the US the other, while you’re trying to make nuclear weapons is smart.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Could be a case of reverse psychology. Saddam Hussein wasn't making public proclamations about destroying the west and yet his country was taken over anyway. Perhaps these proclamations are at least done with the hope that they'll have an effect on what the west does or doesn't do in regards to invading Iran.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

LOL, if you ever find that pic, please post it for me. Iran is playing a dangerous game with Isreal, America and England and playing rather badly at that. The game will end soon and the Iranians will woe the day they elected this Moron....I would not want to be living near any of those nuclear facilities right now.

Max

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
here is a link to a version of it-but exactly the I saw. I does, however, fit the situation perfectly-ENJOY:

Link

can you say Iran=Mouse,. US=Eagle/Hawk

[Mod Edit - Shortened link]

[edit on 1/11/05 by JAK]

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I'm sure a lot of countries are calling for America's destruction, they're not exactly the most popular country in the world at the moment especially in the middle east.

And as Nygdan said;

The author of a new novel about a plot by Iran to inflict nuclear terrorism on America, Sheldon Filger, warned that ignoring the statement by Iran's president could have grave consequences for world peace.

Hmmm...

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
When I hear people talk about a US 'destruction' my view is that they are almost always talking about an end to the abuses of US global political power and the destruction of that power and not actually some ridiculous idea that involves trying to put every American up against a wall.

Obviously some nutters run off at the mouth and talk vicious nonsense, some even go on to actual violence......but then we have our own idiots who are more than capable of that too......and lets not forget when 'we' do it the scale tends to be way beyond anything 'they' have ever managed.

new topics

top topics

join