It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People's alarming growth rates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Talking with my friend has produced an interesting question that needs answering. As you might have noticed, girls of age 10 start growing into women, at a very alarming rate. Me and my friend come from Eastern europe where we remember women growing slowly, normally. For some odd reason North American women mature alittle TOO fast. Women who grow taller and gain mass faster than men is just plain crazy. I am aware that women mature faster than men, but not at the rate that they do now. Women do this at very young ages, at 14 they are already fit to be mothers, physically anyways. At 14 men start growing insanely tall. I'm 5'8 and probably won't grow anymore, but when I walk around I see people who are excessively taller than me, stretched people as my friend calls them. We tried explaining this and could only come up with one answer. Drugs and/or genetic manipulation. Mind you, Europe is catching up with this trend. So what it?
People are also becoming fat due to MSG that corporations put in their food, but, there has to be a reason, why have a population filled with unhealthy people? Control? After a while it become riddiculous, so?

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Radekus
For some odd reason North American women mature alittle TOO fast.

Perhaps eastern european women just grow too slow.

Women who grow taller and gain mass faster than men is just plain crazy.

Women have allways grown taller and faster than men, thats why, at the right age, there are often girls that are suddently much taller than the boys, because women grow and mature sooner than men.

I am aware that women mature faster than men, but not at the rate that they do now.

I'd say that you need to do a study to demonstrate this, especially since you are comming from another country and have a different perspective.

We tried explaining this and could only come up with one answer. Drugs and/or genetic manipulation.

People in the US are just taller than slovaks and poles and magyrs.

Europe is catching up with this trend. So what it?

Vitamins, milk, and the variety of foodstuffs that are available.

People are also becoming fat due to MSG that corporations put in their food,

?
People are fat in the US because americans eat food that has a lot of fat, a high calorie count, and don't exercise much. Its not a plot.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Your right about maturity being much faster now. I read its to do with the growth hormones that are put into the meat as well as less exercise and more fat kids.
A discussion here faculty.smu.edu...

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
This condition is referred to as precocious puberty, some claim it's just a product of evolution other claim it is due to all the genetically modified and hormone enriched foods we are feeding to our children.

Considering our country seems to be all about gmf and hormone enriched foods I'm going with the conspiracists on this one.

The problem with this is long term of course because if you start puberty early you will also start menopause(in women) earlier. So all these young boys and girls who in fact 13 but look to be about seventeen or older will have a great time in junior high and highschool but what happens in their late thirties early forties when their bodies feel like they're in their late forties to early fifties, I think we could have a serious problem on our hands in a couple generations.

Now if you were to choose an NWO breeder camp conspiracy theory on this one I'd actually be inclined to listen but still wouldn't be sure.

Links for the anal retentitve:

kidshealth.org...

www.nexusmagazine.com...

www.emedicine.com...

There's tons of info out there on this.

Happy hunting.

SPiderj

[edit on 11/1/2005 by Spiderj]

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Would the ridiculous amount of needles and vaccines that people in the military possible affect children mayb making them like sup soldiers along the lines of wolverine. You know if they put a couple growth hormone shots in military guys maybe a new nano engineered antibody a little bit of this and a bit of that.... anyway I'm a bit off track I personally think theres a couple extra variables to the tall people and mature people. It just seems like genetics isn't fully understood quite yet and assumptions on what causes these abnormalities, If that's what they are, is unclear.

But I think the military has some programs involved in making stronger, smarter, and healthier kids.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
It is pretty common knowledge that growth hormones are used in modern meat production, I believe there was a program here in the UK which concentrated on their use with breeding chickens faster and in greater quantities. As I imagine the hormones will reside within the meat, especially within red meats that are cooked 'blue' or 'rare' and they will then inevitably end up residing within and acting upon the bodies of the consumers.
It would be hard to believe, regardless of anything 'they' might like to say to the contrary, that thiswill NOT have an affect on us.
I would imagine they most definately DO and that this may be a key cause behind the early maturation of youngsters today along with their greater build as was originally stated.
The story here may be no more than the side effects caused by nothing less than greed on the part of the producers in creating maximum stock at minimum cost and in trying to satisy a market with a high percentage of wastage. This in itself is a serious matter as it greatly affects us and our children, as can already been seen, and I imagine we do not yet fully understand any possible future repercussions.
One must therefore also ask oneself 'what else is being added to our environment that potentially has a negative effect upon us?'.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
As I say to all the other people I have had a conversation like this with. Well what can you do. Absolutly nothing, unless you grow and eat your own food. There is nothing you can do to stop it.
If you try to bring it up with the FDA, well good luck.
You can try all you want, you can spend all your money, but in the end it will still be the same thing.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   
My son, who will be 4 next month, is tall for his age...then again my mother-in-law is above average height.

I don't give him milk because of the hormones, etc. in it. I give him OJ that has A-E and calcium added. Some people have a fit and think you should give children milk "because it's got calcium," but they don't stop to think, milk is not the only source.

My younger sister hit puberty at 10...and I was more average--13.

I noticed they have a "new" group out--tweens, age 8-12.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Spiderj, and everyone,

Thanks for the links, and thanks for the support. Wow this is bad, 5 year old girl going through puberty? and, wow again, for those non believers. Quote:

"The onset of menstruation has been steadily getting earlier and earlier in Western countries. It wasn't very long ago when a teenage girl's first menstruation would arrive between the ages of fourteen and sixteen. Today, the average age of the first menstruation is under twelve years of age. " www.nexusmagazine.com...

Now, what makes me wonder is, why do our governments put hormones in our food?
And also, it really amazes me how pharmacies have taken this event to sell more "medication" as to counter precious puberty.

[edit on 2-11-2005 by Radekus]

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
We need more information on what is "normal."

For instance, in early Biblical times, a girl was usually married (and having relations and babies) by age 13. This is still common in many underdeveloped nations. It's still an occasional practice in the US (some states still have laws allowing girls as young as 13 to be married.)

This does lead to a high mortality rate in young girls (who are not fully grown and may die in childbirth.) I think a bit more looking around should be done before coming to a conclusion.

(I don't know, myself, but I do know those cultural tidbits... so now I wonder about the situation in ancient times. If they're getting married that young, then the implication is that they're also sexually mature at that age.)

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The majority of girls have always started menstruating around 12 to 13. Why do you think historically girls married so young? Girls who started older were always thought of as late bloomers. And there's always been a few girls who start as young 9 or 10.

It's no secret that in western countries each new generation has been getting bigger then the last. Obviously better nutrition is what started this, but now the whole thing seems insidiously out of control.

These days kids are not only getting taller, they're getting fatter as well. Girls are getting fully developed soon after reaching puberty as well. Have you noticed how large even very young girls breasts have become? Once upon a time most women didn't develop full breasts until they became pregnant or put on weight.

Well, there you go. Today's average girl is much fatter then the previous generation's. If they aren't introduced to hormones at a young age by birth control, you can be sure their getting plenty from their milk, eggs and meat. No mystery here!

But girls aren't the only victims of hormone overdose. My 15 year old son is 6'4'', 215 lb. and still growing. His much older brothers, 31 and 25 are of average height. He's had pubic hair since he was 12 and has been shaving regularly for over a year.

Right across the bay from me is Marin County. The women in this wealthy community have the highest incidence of breast cancer in the world. Theories have it, it's because they consume more hormone laden animal protein then their less advantaged sisters, on average give birth to fewer children, often waiting until their forties. As a result, they spend more years taking birth control. They are also more likely to use Hormone replacement therapy and have regular mammograms from their thirties on.

I have 1 more theory of my own to add. I live in the industrial town of San Pablo directly across the bay. The hills along our shoreline are covered with Chevron's expansive oil refinery, a waste treatment plant, a gigantic landfill responsible for filling in the areas once vast wetlands, and several other chemical plants factories.

You'd think all this would be solely are problem with the several miles of bay that separate us from Marin County, I think not.

Southwest winds off San Pablo bay blow constantly through our unprotected northern shoreline. Not only do our gusty winds keep the weather cooler here, it blows all our smog across the bay. Hey if what we ingest can contribute to breast cancer, so might what we breath?

Another observation I've made about today's kids, is that toddlers and preschoolers in particular, are way smarter than kids of that age use to be. They seem to learn everything at an excelled rate. And much of it they just pick up on their own.

Here's a thought. Are hormones enlarging their brain cells too? Seriously, what could be accelerating their memory process? Any ideas?

posted on Nov, 6 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
We need more information on what is "normal."

For instance, in early Biblical times, a girl was usually married (and having relations and babies) by age 13.

(I don't know, myself, but I do know those cultural tidbits... so now I wonder about the situation in ancient times. If they're getting married that young, then the implication is that they're also sexually mature at that age.)

Women were chattel in those times, and still are in many Islamic cultures. So girls are married young as part of property deals - not because they are mature or able to reproduce. Methinks you may be making an assumption here.

As far as North America goes - the normal age for puberty in the 1950's was 14-16 years of age. Then it dropped, and dropped again. Now, 8 years of age is considered normal for female puberty - and medical intervention is not recommended unless girls of 4-6 start developing breasts or begin menstruation. Doctors will test for tumors that may be causing the early puberty, and if the tests are negative, that's the extent of medical involvement.

IMO - there is no doubt something is amiss.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
there is something definatley going on. Ive lived in the U.S. for 21 years but was not born here. All my cousins I have back home of my age are much smaller than me., but all my cousins here in the U.S. are just as big and tall as I am. This is an average of usually over 6 inches. I agree with the hormones in the food theory. It makes sense.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dollmonster

Another observation I've made about today's kids, is that toddlers and preschoolers in particular, are way smarter than kids of that age use to be. They seem to learn everything at an excelled rate. And much of it they just pick up on their own.

Here's a thought. Are hormones enlarging their brain cells too? Seriously, what could be accelerating their memory process? Any ideas?

I have nooo idea, but I know what you're talking about. My brother is only just turned 12, (Got pubes when he was 10) He's short for his age, compared to his peers, but eats pretty much, only meat. The rest of the family gets onto him about eating plants, incase of Scurvey, or some other desiese related to eating only meat.

Though he's shorter he has an Amazing Memory! He's into history, and Government, and basically anything that takes focus for put into your memory. (Or what not.) I've also realized that the things he's not good at are Logic. Puzzles, math, and such. But he took a 12th grade level Government class when he was 9! He talks to me all the time about WW II and Weaponry, and just things that I can't even remember. And he doesn't repeat himself. He always tells me something about history that's new.

I hated history, but my brother flies through it like it's Adding and Subtracting. He's got pretty much everything 'down-pat' Names, Dates, amounts, Company numbers, places, body-counts. By the time he's 18, will there be anything left to learn from history!? I mean, he's passionate about World War II and soon he's starting to go toward WW I. I'm going on 19 pretty soon, and I only just recognized my newfound ability to remember things more accurately than I did when I was 16 or 17.

He knows alot about a bunch of other wars, and battles but I'm not sure what they all are. Bay of Pigs kind of short wars and such. I think he can even name all the presidents.. Even now he studies about the occupation in Iraq, and past events in the middle east. He's alot sharper then polititians, that's for sure.

I think it could be that he eats so much meat, but not enough vegetables, and there's something about the combination of Vital Minerals that's making his memory stronger, but not grown in many other places.
Something along those lines.

______

Another thing I noticed, is I went to middleschool 5 years ago. I've grown about 3 inches since the Eighth Grade, and I teach TaeKwonDo. I started teaching taekwondo at my old middleschool right after I got out of Highschool and the kids there were Huge! But not quite physically matured (Could be because my own outlook on physically mature has changed since then.) But when I went to school there were alot of taller people than me, but only by a few inches. Some of these kids now are going onto 6 and a half feet! ARGH! I have to let them kick me!

[edit on 30/12/05 by Kokasion]

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I think it is a given that we have access to better and more varied food than our ancestors. Fresh fruit and vegetables
12 months a year, meat at every meal, better vitamins, etc. We also have better healthcare. Combine this with the natural evolution of man and I think therein lies most of the answer to our increasing size as a people.

As far as increased capacity to learn, I feel that the increased and improved stimulation of our childrens minds, along with more extensive early childhood education definetely increases the amount and type of information and the processing channels within our childrens minds.

posted on Jan, 4 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I wonder if growth hormones in food affect growth of facial hair as well. I'm sure we all knew kids at 14 or 15 y/o that could grow a full beard. That's freakish! I knew a couple kids when I was a freshman in high school that had the whole unshaven Sonny Crockett look going. I was just happy with chin pubes.

Peace

top topics

join