It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flu Jihad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Worried about the flu? Think the media is getting some mileage out of it but its nothing to worry about? Concerned at all about the governments talk about it all of a sudden? Maybe there is something to all this talk of avian flu’s all of a sudden. Maybe they are trying to tell us something? Canada has just disclosed intel that says Al-Qaeda may be gearing up to spread the dreaded bird flu as a pandemic attack on the west. What an easy, novel idea to bring the civilized world to its knee’s….

Source

TORONTO - A newly disclosed Canadian intelligence study says al-Qaeda might try to spread the deadly avian flu virus as part of its campaign to sow terror in Western nations.

The report by the federal government's Integrated Threat Assessment Centre describes the avian flu as a "potential terrorist-induced" pandemic and specifically mentions Osama bin Laden.

"It is significant to note that Osama bin Laden views chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear weapons as legitimate," says the report, titled "Pandemics: Avian Flu."

"In addition, Osama bin Laden and al-Qaeda representatives have repeatedly named Canada as a target," it says under the heading "Biology and Terrorism…”

I know this is just an idea based on some intel that may or may not be true, but don’t ignore the facts. The bird flu is amazingly deadly and could possibly cause a pandemic on its very own. Imagine how deadly it could be if spread deliberately…

Scary stuff people.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Al qaida would first have to manufacture, in their BSL Labs, a version of the virus that can be transmitted from human to human, before they could spread it. Indeed, they'd have to actually have bio-engineering labs that could actually accomplish this in the first place, which, in all probablity, they don't.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
You're giving Al Qaeda way too much credit and power. They (whoever they are) are into low-tech stuff, car explosions, etc.
I highly doubt that they would have the technology to send us a pandemic.

You never know, and its good to keep your theory in back of the mind

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
First up, its the Canadian government that has proposed the idea.

Secondly: They dont need to manufacture the avian flu, they just need to contract it. After all, there is not a shortage of "myrters" willing to do it...

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Actually, I was thinking about this and if they can make nerve gas, then they probably still can't genetically alter avian flu to make it transmit human to human, but if they got their hands on a natural strain that does, they could probably mass produce it.

And just to be clear, it doesn't matter if they make h5n1 avian flu and bring it to the US. Regular Avian Flu doesn't transmit from human to human.

They could do what SUNY Stonybrook did, that is, manufacture, from scratch, the smallpox virus's genome, insert it into breeder cells, and then spread that anywhere they wanted, sans martyrs.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Al qaida would first have to manufacture, in their BSL Labs, a version of the virus that can be transmitted from human to human, before they could spread it. Indeed, they'd have to actually have bio-engineering labs that could actually accomplish this in the first place, which, in all probablity, they don't.

EXACTLY.

You can die from Avian flu if you eat an animal that has it but you can't pass it on to other humans unless the virus mutates with the human flu so it can become passable.

This is not something an ideology can do, which is all Al-Qaeda is. There's no such group called Al-Qaeda, even Bin Laden has said that his group isn't called that, even the CIA have said they made that name up from a list of known combatants to give the ideology a name.

So to think that could happen and to believe it should make you realise just how much the term 'Al-Qaeda' has been used as a smokescreen and catalyst.

To blame or even suggest the Bird Flu can be used by Terrorists and to trump that threat up in the media, should make you think that maybe the real terrorists are a lot closer to home than you think and if it does indeed start spreading in an un-natural fashion, i'll bet you any money that it's not the rich white folk that get it.

Remember the Anthrax scares in America? Where did that come from? Wasn't 'Al-Qaeda'.
John Howard still uses that 'scare' as reason for anti-terror laws, just leaving out the fact that it was sourced to a military base.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Just another wild theory I reckon...

I'm confident that AQ wouldn't have the resources/knowledge of Suny Stonybrook to go ahead with creating a new strain of bird flu.

That is if AQ even exists...I'd be more worried about what the government want to do with the virus...

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Hmmm this is a very possible scenario, i read today that the first death from bird flu outside asia ( Turkey) happened today, not terrorists but on the bird migration path.

food for thought thou.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Indeed, they'd have to actually have bio-engineering labs that could actually accomplish this in the first place, which, in all probablity, they don't.

Hmmm who does ... hmmmm I wonder if the US government does

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Al Queda is in the Business of Systems Disruption now, Flu would cause a major systems disruption but could also come round and bite them in the ass, too dangerous,costly and difficult to pull off effectively.

Expect attacks against Mass Transit, Power Stations, Water Supplies etc. They are actively attempting to cause cascading failures which can sometimes cause billions in damage. Remember the 7/7 bombings? That was a systems disruption attempt which succeeded for the cost of what? A few thousand bucks? In the Global Guerilla game they measure success by the % "profit" in their attacks. If an attack costs 10,000 bucks and it costs us 1 billion bucks in damage, well do the math. Small highly targetted attacks attempting to cause cascading failures are the frightening future of the Global Guerilla movement.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   
AQ need only target Washington DC and/or Wall Street with bird flu. The mass media would then provide all the terror coverage necessary. remember the anthrax attacks............

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   
loool, Al Querrda is full of imbreds...just coz they can put wires together with some gunpowder doesnt mean they can manufactor a virus..maybe im wrong...but seriously, if they try that stuff, they'll probly give it to themselves...lmao
All ive got to say is....DUKKA DUKKA
JIIHHHAHDDDD DUKKA

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   
DUKKA!!

[edit on 5-1-2006 by woodsyboy]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodsyboy
loool, Al Querrda is full of imbreds...just coz they can put wires together with some gunpowder doesnt mean they can manufactor a virus..maybe im wrong...but seriously, if they try that stuff, they'll probly give it to themselves...lmao

Escuse me but.....arn't they the ones that orchestrated, and executed the 9/11 attacks according to the official version ?

(not that i'm defending them)

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodsyboy
All ive got to say is....DUKKA DUKKA
JIIHHHAHDDDD DUKKA

Well if there so "imbred" as you put it it cant say much about the US, being that they could cripple your country, and overrun your Army using old outdated or improvised arms. How did these "imbred" terrorists plan and pull off 9/11? Or did the US know and help them?

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by HiddenReality
Well if there so "imbred" as you put it it cant say much about the US, being that they could cripple your country

Cripple??

, and overrun your Army using old outdated or improvised arms.

Overrun?

How did these "imbred" terrorists plan and pull off 9/11? Or did the US know and help them?

Well you want my opinion was the real cause of 9/11 and every act of terrorism?
Freedom.

Yes thats right the very thing that we use as a weapon against others can be used against us.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I find the idea implausible.

Let's, for a minute, assume that there are indeed scores of arab boogeymen hiding under beds all over the Western world. Those boogeymen could do hundreds of times more damage, with a 100% greater chance of success, by simply throwing a grenade at an electrical substation. Why would they go to all the trouble of concocting Wiley Coyote schemes involving weaponized bird flu, when they could just exploit the handful of vulnerabilities everyone knows about - for instance the electrical, water purification, food supply, or consumer goods (think poison toothpaste and exploding cellular phones).

If there were terrorists in every town, they would have struck already. They've had ample oppurtunity, and we haven't heard a peep.

Why?

Because there's no such thing as the boogeyman.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I haven't heard much about bird flu lately, seems the pandemic isn't "panning" out. And this talk of AQ spreading it is a joke. Can we move on to the next scary mankind ending virus please? Bird flu, go sit in the failure section with SARS.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
A plausible enough theory I think, but not worth the time and effort it would take to create the flu-bomb. It is simply more cost effective to strap on a dupont overcoat and walk into a crowded mall.
Sure is a scary enough scenerio though. But why use influenza, why not use something even more deadly like ebola.
I feel a bad dream coming on.

new topics

top topics

join