It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One big difference between evolution and creationism

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
To answer you the best I can….

I do not believe that the bible is the word of God, I do not believe that God is separate from you or I. I do not believe that you and I are separate except in the reality of the 5 senses.

I Believe that everything (life, energy, matter, force) is one being experiencing itself subjectively. Life is a dream, in which we escape the eternal, learn from ourselves and grow. Death is only an illusion. I call this being ‘the eternal’ and I believe that it has always and will always exist, and so I reject ‘the big bang’ in that sense. Life was created by the eternal and is helped along through evolution and other mechanisms that are not yet understood.

I reject religion because I see it as a control mechanism used to force the ignorant and the gullible into doing good things though fear. In this way it is somewhat good, but I see that often religious dogma is taken too literally and thus creates hate and intolerance. I reject the notion of Heaven and Hell because I believe that the after life is an eternity without ego, time, or space. Love is all that really exists. I do not hurt others for the simple reason that in effect it would be hurting myself. I believe that the evil I commit will be visited upon me in order to balance the eternal (karma if you will) I reject the notion of worship because that would be admitting that I am separate form the eternal. I pray only to ask for the strength to continue another day. I refuse to accept fables written by men as the ‘word of God’ or ‘the truth’, I look for the ultimate truth within myself.

You can have your God. You can believe what you want, but ultimately you are not thinking for yourself. Do you ever question the bible? Do you ever think that what you believe could be wrong? As far as I’ve seen you don’t. You make your decisions based upon weather or not it fits within your scope of faith. You start with your naive notions and find “facts” that fit within it, and then reject all others. I pity you, I really do.

<< 1   >>

join