It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*VIDEO*Smuggled out of China by Israeli Jounalist, shows rocket diaster cover up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
www.postcrap.com.../rocketexplosion.wmv

Found this on one of the sites i check from time to time, and found this.
Maybe you guys seen this already, but hey, have a look, the sites generally good as well.

It blew up over their own civilian part of a military base.
They down played the whole incident, i find it quite crazy on a number of issues.
Would that happen in Russia or US?
How much other stuiff do they cover up, i reackon its much easier since being China and their rules shall we say.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I remember seeing that video from some other source but I can't quite remember where. I kind of find it weird that the Chinese are launching an American satellite. Do you know if that is accurate or is the narrator making it up?

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 04:46 AM
link   
why would they be launchin a US satelite?
Any one know?

**Correction-Israeli engineer, not journalist.**

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Makes me wonder if tension between China and U.S. are merely a show.

What a great way to "almost" keep things secret.What projects have they worked on together that we know nothing about.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Hang on, the sites called www.postcrap.com, does this not make you question it's authenticity?

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by phixion
Hang on, the sites called www.postcrap.com, does this not make you question it's authenticity?

I normally just check out what vids they got......i know the name speaks volumes, but i think the vid is genuine........
the sites idea is that people can post any "crap" up.........
so do u think its a fake?

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by phixion

I normally just check out what vids they got......i know the name speaks volumes, but i think the vid is genuine........
the sites idea is that people can post any "crap" up.........
so do u think its a fake?

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Not sure mate I'm at college and can't view the video. I'll check it out when I get home and post my thoughts.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I thought postcrap was where the image was hosted,The video looks good but the commentary could be questionable,hopefully theres more coverage.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I remember this incident, because it resulted in the US "accidentally" giving advanced rocket technology to the chinese. The "U.S." satellite the narrator is referring to was not US government, but a private company trying to shoot it into orbit "on the cheap" by using a Chinese rocket. After the "accident" (the Chinese may have know this was likely to happen) engineers from the US company "helped" the Chinese company (government owned of course) "fix" their rockets so that this wouldn't happen again. It came out later that this may have been a ploy to steal critical rocket technology that the Chinese had not yet developed on their own. Now they have a space program, go figure.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Here, I found an article that lays out the whole deal, as well as the involvement/accusations against US companies Loral and Hughes:

www.christusrex.org...

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
That is whats great about ATS....Do u know how long ATS has been running out of interest?

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Thanks,
I'm glad you appreciate the info, I'm not sure what you are asking about ATS and interst though.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Which begs the question:

Who covered it up?

The United States, as to keep people thinking there is a "rift" between China and their Nation, even though they are sending satelites into space for companies.

Or;

China, so their people do not know they failed? This one I find unlikely, since the amount of coverage they have been giving their space program. In fact, the 2003 rocket/launch was on almot every T.V. Station.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by itmg
I remember seeing that video from some other source but I can't quite remember where. I kind of find it weird that the Chinese are launching an American satellite. Do you know if that is accurate or is the narrator making it up?

China launching satellites for US corporations is not uncommon.

The video is of the event discussed here.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Chinese space operations use variations of one standard launcher (Long March) based on their ICBMs. The current models look nothing like the originals. The failure rate can be high at times, sometimes about one in five fail to achieve orbit. Sometimes failing in a big fireworks show.

There was an older accident that almost blew the launch facility itself off the map. A dangerous place to be.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
So is China open for buisness as far as American companies are concerned,It seems an awkward proposition for American companies to be using China's space program.

Maybe it's just me but wouldnt the American Government frown on Companies going to China for this,seems a little embarassing considering the problems the U.S. is having getting to space not to mention giving away technology.

More than meets the eye on this one?

new topics

top topics

join