It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fifth night of rioting in Paris France

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Why did you ended up on such a site? your beliving what medias say, don't you?
you're even making your own theories from their theories....

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
When does the media ever say anything negative about muslims or other minorities?

Almost every news site omitted the fact that the rioters were muslim.
There were only a couple that mentioned that, with a few others saying they were from North Africa.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mystika23

Originally posted by AceOfBase
What's wrong with deporting people who riot and attack the police?

what's wrong with you?

*puts an arm around aceofbases's shoulders, gives him the evilrightfascist secret handshake*

The state, especially european ones, have power over citizenship, and can certainly revoke the citizenship of people that are trying to destroy the country or who are wildly rioting and attacking the state.

If france can deport an ethnic french citizen, then surely it can deport an non-ethnic french citizen, indeed, the ethinicity is irrelevant, excepting insofar as there is a socio-cultural issue here, the assimiliation of immigrant culture into the mainstream culture, gallicisation I suppose.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Here are some photos of the aftermath:
www.france-echos.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 03:24 AM
link   
The riots are continuing for a sixth night.

CNN

PARIS, France (AP) -- Unrest spread across troubled suburbs around Paris in a sixth night of violence as police clashed with angry youths and scores of vehicles were torched in at least nine towns, local officials said.

Police in riot gear fired rubber bullets late Tuesday at advancing gangs of youths in Aulnay-sous-Bois -- one of the worst-hit suburbs -- where 15 cars were burned, according to officials in the Seine-Saint-Denis region.

Youths lobbed Molotov cocktails at an annex to the town hall and threw stones at the firehouse. It was not immediately clear whether there were injuries from the clashes.

The police need to replace those rubber bullets with real bullets.
That'll stop some people from rioting for more than one night.

[edit on 2-11-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 04:10 AM
link   
well its like LA, the result will be even more disparity and gangs selling drugs in higher frequency, more crime, and no change for the better.....

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   

The police need to replace those rubber bullets with real bullets.
That'll stop some people from rioting for more than one night.

So now you are saying they should be exterminated? I would also like to know what the photos you provided prove.. they are pics of the aftermath of a riot. We already know that. The only pic that showed possible violence was a police officer pointing a gun towards a window.

[edit on 2-11-2005 by riley]

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley
So now you are saying they should be exterminated? I would also like to know what the photos you provided prove.. they are pics of the aftermath of a riot.

I'm saying that the people who have been rioting, attacking the police and firehouses and destroying property for almost a week now should be exterminated. They are of no benefit to society. They are destroying society instead of contributing to it.

The link to the photos was only posted so people can see some of what happened over there.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 04:14 AM
link   
It's now been going on for seven nights and they are setting fire to car dealerships and schools.

CNN

PARIS, France -- Parisian suburbs have suffered a seventh straight night of violence as youths set fire to dozens of cars in at least nine areas to the north and east of the French capital.

The disturbances damaged a shopping center, car dealership and primary school as hundreds of police were deployed to quell the unrest, which was triggered last week by the deaths of two teenagers.

About 40 cars, two buses and numerous dustbins were set ablaze, a local official told Reuters.

In the northeastern suburb Aulnay-sous-Bois, rampaging youths set a Renault dealership on fire and burned at least a dozen cars. A supermarket and local gymnasium were also torched, The Associated Press reported.

Why are the police waiting so long to use deadly force?
They wouldn't get away with this in the countries they came from and they shouldn't get away with in in Paris or any other city.

They need to be killed.

JAK

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   
While I do not think the police should just start killing people, I don't understand why the rioters are going so beserk. I am really surprised that this has continued as lonog as it has now, and I am wondering why.

This doesn't look like it is going to just go away:

Anger grips Paris riot suburb

A driver pulls up in front of the market, his little boy strapped in the back of his car.

He admits belonging to a group that is sometimes a bit "chaud" - meaning troublesome - a hint at the unrest of the past few days.

He describes the nightly presence of the CRS, the French riot police, as provocation.

"If they didn't come here, into our area, nothing would happen," he says. "If they come here it's to provoke us, so we provoke back."

'Neglected people'

The French Interior Minister, Nicolas Sarkozy, has promised to send in special police units to "occupy" difficult estates, describing urban gangs as "scum".

So one perspective is "If they didn't come here, into our area, nothing would happen," and another that the gangs at least are just regarded as 'scum'. But it doesn't sound like the reported deaths are the sole cause here, rather a catalyst.

Is is suggested that the death of the two youths, 15 and 17 died as tney were running away from the police. While the authorities are denying this if it were the case this is the most important part of the story. Why were they being chased? Was there a legimate reason? If the truth is knows here then that's a giant step to understanding recent events.

I see a spate of blaming the police for things of late. In the UK there was a tragic crash recently where five teenagers died while in a stolen car being pursued by police. The police are coming under fire for this, but I just don't get it. Unless the police were trying to drive the car off the road the blame lies with the driver of the other car. Surely? If he hadn't stolen the car, or had stopped, everyone would still be alive wouldn't they?

And that relates to this incident too. According to some the youths were electrocuted after entering an electricity sub-station in attempt to escape the police. Were they chased? If so then why? If they had commited a crime and die while trying to escape, why would it not be their own fault? Can't anyone take responsibility for their own actions anymore?

So does anyone have any further knowlege about the cause of these riots?

Jak

[edit on 3/11/05 by JAK]

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by JAK

So one perspective is "If they didn't come here, into our area, nothing would happen," and another that the gangs at least aer just regarded as 'scum'. But it doesn't sound like the reported deaths are the sole cause here, rather a catalyst.

Is is suggested that the death of the two youths, 15 and 17 died as tney were running away from the police. Although the authorities are denying this even if it were the case this is the most important part of the story. Why were they being chased? Was there a legimate reason? If the truth is knows here then that's a giant step to understanding recent events.

I see a spate of blaming the police for things of late. In the UK there was a tragic crash recently wehre five teenagesr died while in a stolen car being persued by police. The police are coming under fire for this, but I just don't get it. Unless the police were trying to drive the car off the road the blame lies with the driver of the other car. Surely? If he hadn't stolen the car, or had stopped, everyone would still be alive wouldn't they?

I can't find the exact article rght now but from what I remember there was an attempted break in and the police were pursuing one group of guys and these other guys started running too because they didn't have ID cards and they didn't want to be questioned.

Regarding blaming the police for people who die running from the police, that is just ridiculous. Especially in the case of the car thieves.
They need to put the blame where it belongs, on the criminals themselves.

[edit on 3-11-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I am terribly annoyed and very sorry for the aftermath of this bestiality, and savagery in the one so civilized country.
It has some sense to not fight back deadly force, I understand most of the scum is under age, but this aproach is leading us nowhere too.
Also when I see so much damage and think about all the hard work for someone to buy a car or own a store and then overnight some stupid # burns it to the ground and French governement only talking and doing nothing, then I am afraid french government has betrayed their citizens for not protecting them against this horde of mindless savages. And they are all that not some angry youth.
I was even thinking of going to Paris once now I think I will not go it is not safe there anymore, I heard stories before but this is "just the straw that broke camel back" for me of thinking of France seiously.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   

When does the media ever say anything negative about muslims or other minorities?

Funny, you mentioned that...the NYT's had a long article on this event and there was not ONE word that mentioned "Islam" or "Muslims".....not one!

Course we would'nt want to "offend" anyone would we?

It was all about "angry youths" and France was to blame. Typical Liberal article...everyones to blame except the rioters and murderers.

Maximu§

top topics

<< 1   >>

join