It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fifth night of rioting in Paris France

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Last week there were riots in Paris France after two boys from an immigrant community were electrocuted as they tried to run away from police and entered an electricity sub-station.

The riots have been continuing everynight for the last five nights, with people setting fire to cars, attacking police officers and setting fires.

Watch the video on that page to see some of the damage that was done.

BBC

The Paris suburb of Clichy-sous-Bois has seen a fifth night of sporadic violence and disturbances were also reported in some neighbouring areas.

Police described the latest trouble as "harassment" by small groups, rather than the rioting seen last week.

In the most serious incident a police garage was set ablaze and two police cars were destroyed in Montfermeil.

The unrest was sparked by the death of two boys whom locals think were fleeing police, despite official denials.

Things are getting really bad over in Europe.
They need to put a stop to the immigration and send back the illegals because they are just destroying the place and engaging in violence.
The people who were rioting don't deserve to live in Paris if they're going to act this way over two boys who died due to their own actions.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
They need to put a stop to the immigration and send back the illegals because they are just destroying the place and engaging in violence.
The people who were rioting don't deserve to live in Paris if they're going to act this way over two boys who died due to their own actions.

what what what????? do you hear yourself???my god! I'm chocked! Where do you live? USA? Things are not that bad in Europe, compare to other places in the world. I take the bet that people that are in the riots are not all immigrants anyway! Do you know what happened this last months in Paris? Two buildings where illegals immigrants were living, in the center of Paris burnt. Pretty weird fires...the city of Paris is now taking that for excuse to close all squatts, pretending it's not safe. I wonder how this fires started...
"put a stop to immigration". Yeah right.50 years ago immigrants were asked to come to help rebuild the country, but now that everything is like new, they can # off??

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

so its ok for the euorpeans to get rid of illegals but here in the us we have to teach our children their language in kindergarten and also we let them have the drivers licens(sp)

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Well, i'm european (french girl living in Holland) and i don't find it ok. Would you actually want that?
By the way,kids all around the world have to learn english at school, so why not english kids learning other languages? It only make them smarter and more open-minded. Nothing wrong with that...

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mystika23
I take the bet that people that are in the riots are not all immigrants anyway! Do you know what happened this last months in Paris? Two buildings where illegals immigrants were living, in the center of Paris burnt. Pretty weird fires...the city of Paris is now taking that for excuse to close all squatts, pretending it's not safe. I wonder how this fires started...
"put a stop to immigration". Yeah right.50 years ago immigrants were asked to come to help rebuild the country, but now that everything is like new, they can # off??

I would bet that most of them were immigrants or the children of immigrants.
At least they looked that way in these videos:
www.lci.fr
lci.fr

I heard about the fires a couple of weeks ago and I saw the protests that follwed and, in my mind, they had no right to protest for better housing. The French government doesn't owe them anything. Why should they pay any housing expenses at all for for them?

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The children of immigrants ARE no immigrants. They have french nationality. Not all dark hair and skin are immigrants.
And i think that the point of the protest is that many many houses and buildings owned by the government are totally empty and not used for way too long.For what?
I saw this report about immigrants that are waiting to get their french papers. They are really abusing of them. They stach them in appartments where they have to live sometime at 10 in one room. And for that they have to pay the price of a 4 rooms appartment.
You know,the french goverment says "liberte, egalite, fraternite". Well they also should do it, not pretend. And by the way France owes much to immigrants. Like i said they rebuild the country. And their children have the same rights than me.Including the right to protest.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   

And by the way France owes much to immigrants. Like i said they rebuild the country. And their children have the same rights than me.Including the right to protest.

They have the right to protest but not the right to destroy property, set cars on fire and attack police officers.

Regarding the conditions for immigrants, if it's that bad then why don't they move back to whichever country they came from?

[edit on 1-11-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.
i suppose that give a good definition of you.

By the way, if you are an american,do you know you are a son of immigrant too?What happened to the original unhabitants?....

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Where does it say they were illegals? The story you provided is heavily biased and information is sketchy. I suspect there is probably alot more to this politically and wouldn't assume that the rioting is in reaction to just one incident. it was probably building for some time.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Where does it say they were illegals? The story you provided is heavily biased and information is sketchy. I suspect there is probably alot more to this politically and wouldn't assume that the rioting is in reaction to just one incident. it was probably building for some time.

Ha! thank you! i totally agree with you!It is what i was explaining.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   

By the way, if you are an american,do you know you are a son of immigrant too?What happened to the original unhabitants?....

Europe should learn from the mistakes of the Native Americans and Caribbean Indians. They were trusting and allowed foreigners into their country and as a result the numbers of foreigners overwhelmed them and eventually took over.

The original inhabitants were then killed off or had their lands taken over while they were pushed into reservations.

I'm not saying that something on that scale will happen in Europe any time soon but they are already predicting that native Europeans will become minorites in some countries within the next few decades.

There are already over 53 million muslims living in Europe with about 14 million in the EU. wnd

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
And so what? Are you one of these limited people that think that all moslims are bad? I do not mind moslims. I have a problem with extremists, and they are to find everywhere, in any religion, aren't they....?
It is ridiculous to think that people have to stay with people of their own kind.
Immigrants are not coming to destroy us.People can destroy their own country by themselve too.You are being paranoid.
And i'm already a minority. I never met somebody exactly like myself. Never.
We are all different! you didn't know?

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Europe should learn from the mistakes of the Native Americans and Caribbean Indians. They were trusting and allowed foreigners into their country and as a result the numbers of foreigners overwhelmed them and eventually took over.

They DID try to learn.. there was a whole heap of propaganda mid last century to try and restore the 'arean race' to it's 'rightful' lands just like you are proposing. Lots of people were rounded up and murdered. People are still rounded up and murdered for being the wrong race. You couldn't care less about whats happening in France.. you just don't like Moslems and were using this tragedy to spread prejudice. You even provided a link with Moslem stats for some kind of shock value. So what? Oh no.. look how many there are! They're EVERYWHERE! Oh and christians.. they are everywhere too! And hindues. They have us surrounded..

Europe should learn from it's own mistakes.

I am sorry for my harsh manner but I continually see people posting [and saying] things that give me some insight into what goes through the minds of the average person when they are manipluated and told what to think by the media and the society it influences.. this is how the witch trials and holocaust began. People are fed complete bs and they start begging for more. Do you actually know any Moslems? No. Do you actually know about their relgion aside from what lunatics have twisted it into? If you think thats what they're like you may as well think all christains are KKK members and blow up abortions clinics. Please try use some objectivity instead of just accepting what newspapers tell you as fact.

[edit on 1-11-2005 by riley]

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley

They DID try to learn.. there was a whole heap of propaganda mid last century to try and restore the 'arean race' to it's 'rightful' lands just like you are proposing. Lots of people were rounded up and murdered. People are still rounded up and murdered for being the wrong race. You couldn't care less about whats happening in France.. you just don't like Moslems and were using this tragedy to spread prejudice. You even provided a link with Moslem stats for some kind of shock value. So what? Oh no.. look how many there are! They're EVERYWHERE! Oh and christians.. they are everywhere too! And hindues. They have us surrounded..

You obviously don't know much about me.
I stick up for Muslim countries more than almost every non-Muslim on this forum and I try to counter the propaganda directed at countries like Syria and Iran.

I am not one of those 'kill all of the Muslims' types.
I was opposed to the Iraq war and was very vocal on this forum about my opposition. I don't believe western nations should be over in Muslim countries destroying things and I also don't think Muslims should be over in Europe destroying things like those rioters were doing in Paris or in Birmingham.

Those who want to get along and be peaceful are of no concern to me but going on riots like the ones that have been happening recently should be immediate grounds for deportation.
I have no sympathy for them.

I do believe that there should be strict limits on immigration to deter the chances of future conflicts which will be inevitable if immigration puts too much of a burden on the local population.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
'"deportation"? that has a nice connotation!
I'm french and i tell you: think what you want, locked up paranoid in your house, checking if nobody is invading your garden(oups, i mean your land),but as long as i'm alive i will fight this FASCIST thoughts and attitudes.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I'm french and i tell you: think what you want, locked up paranoid in your house, checking if nobody is invading your garden(oups, i mean your land),but as long as i'm alive i will fight this FASCIST thoughts and attitudes.

What's wrong with deporting people who riot and attack the police?

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   

You obviously don't know much about me.
I stick up for Muslim countries more than almost every non-Muslim on this forum and I try to counter the propaganda directed at countries like Syria and Iran.

Wow.. then I guess you've paid your dues and should be aloud to claim that the rioters were all illegal Moslem immigrants.

I am not one of those 'kill all of the Muslims' types.

No.. you are one on those 'deport all the Moslems' types:

I'm not saying that something on that scale will happen in Europe any time soon but they are already predicting that native Europeans will become minorites in some countries within the next few decades.

There are already over 53 million muslims living in Europe with about 14 million in the EU. wnd

Tell me.. what has this got to do with the story you posted?

I was opposed to the Iraq war and was very vocal on this forum about my opposition. I don't believe western nations should be over in Muslim countries destroying things and I also don't think Muslims should be over in Europe destroying things like those rioters were doing in Paris or in Birmingham.

Where does it say they were all Moslem?

Those who want to get along and be peaceful are of no concern to me but going on riots like the ones that have been happening recently should be immediate grounds for deportation.
I have no sympathy for them.

You also have absolutely no clue what has been happening in that area aside from the story about the two kids that died after possibly being chased by police. From memory.. I believe one of the issues was in regard to people being burned alive because the housing was not up to legal standards.

I do believe that there should be strict limits on immigration to deter the chances of future conflicts which will be inevitable if immigration puts too much of a burden on the local population.
France has always been sympthetic towards refugees and their causes. I'm glad that ideology still exists as it may prevent history repeating itself.

[edit on 1-11-2005 by riley]

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   

What's wrong with deporting people who riot and attack the police?

what's wrong with you?

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley

Where does it say they were all Moslem?

It doesn't say they were all muslim, just that they were confronted near a mosque.

Here's another article:

theaustralian.news.com.au

FRANCE has plunged into a bitter debate over the failure to integrate its large Muslim community after five nights of rioting in a Paris suburb populated by North African immigrants.

[edit on 1-11-2005 by AceOfBase]

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   

what's wrong with you?

What's wrong with deporting people who wont follow the rules of the country that they moved into?
I see nothing wrong with it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join